**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Kdog76Kdog76 Posts: 60
    GREAT! 5 minis with the same 3 attackers on a much bigger map, means more revives needed! No defender kill points! BIG SPENDERS WIN EVERY WAR!!! FUNNN!!!!!

Bigger map doesn't mean that you'll be having more fights. There will be just as many Defenders as there were before.

ok, just as many defenders. But defender kills, in combo with 5 mini bosses means $$ wins every war. No more skill. Good job killing wars.

The amount of items that any user can use remains the same, so every Alliance Member can still only Revive/Heal 15 times. This hasn't changed. Additionally, 5 Minibosses doesn't mean that any one person will be taking on more than 1.

The goal with the removal of Defender kills wasn't to increase the use of Potions or Revives, but to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there.

This assumes that the vast majority hit the item cap and from my experience that's just not true. Alliances that choose to spend rarely run out of items. You should feel defeat if you lose. That's part of losing. There shouldn't be any safe spaces in wars. Might as well be snowflake wars. We've won so many wars on deaths. Long live credit card wars at this point. Sorry but can't be seen as anything except a money grab.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Good thing kabam doesnt have a vocal playing base to run ideas through before making drastic changes...
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    GREAT! 5 minis with the same 3 attackers on a much bigger map, means more revives needed! No defender kill points! BIG SPENDERS WIN EVERY WAR!!! FUNNN!!!!!

Bigger map doesn't mean that you'll be having more fights. There will be just as many Defenders as there were before.

ok, just as many defenders. But defender kills, in combo with 5 mini bosses means $$ wins every war. No more skill. Good job killing wars.

The amount of items that any user can use remains the same, so every Alliance Member can still only Revive/Heal 15 times. This hasn't changed. Additionally, 5 Minibosses doesn't mean that any one person will be taking on more than 1.

The goal with the removal of Defender kills wasn't to increase the use of Potions or Revives, but to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there.

With the addition of 2 more minibosses items should increase to 20. Content will be harder for bosses so we should get more items to use.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Can you tell us if the extra mini-boss nodes are comparable in strength to the current ones?
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    Are we gonna be still facing 50 defenders in this larger map or are there more? That is the only thing I care about TBH.
  • madmaxmadmax Posts: 59
    @Kabam Miike what is being done to tackle the alliance that fix matching?
  • GabbrosGabbros Posts: 157
    @Kabam Miike , assuming two strong alliances 100% the map, are you saying that the deciding factor for win will come down to defender rating and diversity? What factors will reward skill difference (ex. kill a defender without dying)?
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Please do the right thing Kabam and go back and discuss defender kills. This is just the worst change to AW. I could live with the others, but your community is overwhelmingly against this. You have taken all the skill out of AW
  • MsDominoMsDomino Posts: 72
    Mana_Pot wrote: »
    So one of the concerns is the 5 mini-bosses now. You were talking about diversity, so maybe it could be done to where each mini-boss node in a single battlegroup requires a unique champ? Like if a Magik is present on one mini-boss node, you can't place another Magik on a different mini-boss node? Does that seem like a good idea?

This is a solid suggestion
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Best offer yet, so no defender kill points means my alliance can buy crystal shards at every war! Thanks kabaam!!
  • TheSchwartzTheSchwartz Posts: 19
    Not certain if this was asked but when will we be able to preview the new map?
  • Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    Can you explain the logic begind temp reducing energy cost for Act 4 to go along with this? Can't work out why this is done and included in AW update post?

It's just something to do while Alliance Wars are down for an extended period. It won't be something for everybody, but if you haven't 100% Explored Act 4 yet, it's a good time!

What should the rest of us that finished Act 4 18 months ago do in this time?

Go spend more money trying to beat the collector. The only reason they pushed "the uncollected" title was to get people to fight the collector and spend units beating him
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

Exactly my alliance just lost a war for that very reason, we were up by like 15-20% they threw everything into killing my nightcrawler and it took them 20 something kills to finally take him out.

Now they removed the penalty for it and alliances with money will and can do the same for every war and that's what they intend regardless of what they keep saying it's been crystal clear that kabam is all about the money and this is just a blatant cash crab which I hope blows up in their face.

20 kills for a nightcrawler??? What tier are u in? I need to drop down!
  • One question I have is will the matching processing be fixed better?
  • I agree. Seems like the team that spends the most wins. Not really a fan of that. It just seems like more incentive to buy more pots.
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    I like how Kabam Miike is ignoring the main point of the posts he is quoting. Removing defender kills makes them more $$$, plain and simple. Just admit it

We have addressed that a few times. As we said, that was not the goal with the change. The goal with the removal of Defender kills wasn't to increase the use of Potions or Revives, but to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there.

It's way beyond the three attackers, when you see people using crazy amounts of resources, that would be the game changer, I am posting a image below that will give you an idea how opponent can exploit the resources in war. Just see the numbers how many kills we got just to kill 5 defenders. You can imagine what will happen when there is no points for kills.

hecmufe8jrce.png

What should the rest of us that finished Act 4 18 months ago do in this time?

Do arenas. Get units. Buy potions for alliance wars. That's the way to win these things now.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    It would be great to get clarification of how many defenders will be on map. If map is 1.5 does that mean we place 7 to 8 defenders.

@Kabam Miike
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Any update on rewards @Kabam Miike ?

Not yet. As we mentioned in the post, we're looking at a revamp of the Rewards for Alliance Wars, but will be doing that later on.

Cmon that is the first thing that needed to be revamped. With all the talk of 5* shards being more generally available to everyone, AW rewards should be the first place to get this treatment especially with a whole new map!

I believe they was too busy trying to figure out how to squeeze 5 mini bosses on the map and forgot about the rewards... probably come the same time as the bases
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    Ok @Kabam Miike can you explain the Unique champ system a little more. Do you only get those points if that champion is only placed once out of 150 champs that are placed?
    Draco2199 wrote: »

With the addition of 2 more minibosses items should increase to 20. Content will be harder for bosses so we should get more items to use.

Are you using 15 items per war now?
  • Miike if you guys remove defender kill points at least reduce the amount of points per try given during attack for example if you are killed fighting one node on AW and trying again and again. It shouldn't be the same... there should be some kind of punish for those who keep reviving, it doesn't seems right and it's different killing your opponent on your first try than killing your opponent on your fith try. Also considering the points per boss, mini boss, normal nodes.
    At least that way there would be a skill gap reflecting in those points.
    If you guys let that way you're not helping anyone except for the big spenders.
This discussion has been closed.