**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance War Compensation

Why do we have to end the season? Can’t we just restore war rankings back to what it is after 6 wars, and let the season continue?

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Maybe read the mega thread. Answers are probably there.
  • Options

Maybe read the mega thread. Answers are probably there.

It isnt... If you can restore the rankings, why can’t war season continue until season 14 starts? There are many alliances that are capable of moving up tiers
  • Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    They aren't 'restoring' the rankings. They are going to look back at the records that show the ranks at that time, then distribute awards based on those ranks. There is no rolling back to that previous state.
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    It sucks if your alliance was trying make a comeback, which mine was.
  • Options
    mbrace said:

It sucks if your alliance was trying make a comeback, which mine was.

Yeah, that's a fact for sure. Unfortunate, but it is what it is now. Hopefully the additional compensation package softens the blow from this massive bonk many took.
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    Strictly conjecture, but either a) they are somehow incapable of rolling back rankings to what they were prior to Friday or b) the matchmaking system is really messed up right now and they don’t know how to fix it.
  • Options
    Roy_118Roy_118 Posts: 5
    edited November 2019

They aren't 'restoring' the rankings. They are going to look back at the records that show the ranks at that time, then distribute awards based on those ranks. There is no rolling back to that previous state.

From my understanding our rankings from after 6th war will show in game. If so im pretty sure thats restoring? But even if it isn’t, they should spend more time to restore the rankings and let the season continue dont you think?
  • Options

Strictly conjecture, but either a) they are somehow incapable of rolling back rankings to what they were prior to Friday or b) the matchmaking system is really messed up right now and they don’t know how to fix it.

Yeah, i think its the latter, but its honestly pretty pathetic if they still havent found a way to fix it after all these days. I know rolling back will obviously require more work on their part, but they should commit to it since its their fault in their first place
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Roy_118 said:

Thats what im saying. If they still have the exact records of the rank at that day, why cant they just restore the rankings and let the season continues? Sure, its more effort on their part, but its something they need to commit to.
    The season has been blown, people have seen the message and are now in off season mode, switching it will throw it into disarray more than it already is. There is no community benefit to it
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I had popped an invulnerablility boost just before the bugs hit, so I think i’m going to live through this.
  • Options
    Roy_118 said:

From my understanding our rankings from after 6th war will show in game. If so im pretty sure thats restoring? But even if it isn’t, they should spend more time to restore the rankings and let the season continue dont you think?
    No. The problem is you cannot unring this particular bell. You have some alliances that were able to enlist, and other alliances that couldn't. You have players jumping out of alliances that were frozen and into other alliances. And if you just freeze wars until the problems are fixed, you are in effect taking rewards off the table because now you'll have fewer season rewards coming. And if you try to hand-fix the season and it doesn't work, you now have even more problems downstream and an even more broken war season.

In this case, the best course of action is to terminate the season and reset for the next season. Anything else would be a foolish gamble.
  • Options
    CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    Agreed @DNA3000
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Roy_118 said:

No. The problem is you cannot unring this particular bell. You have some alliances that were able to enlist, and other alliances that couldn't. You have players jumping out of alliances that were frozen and into other alliances. And if you just freeze wars until the problems are fixed, you are in effect taking rewards off the table because now you'll have fewer season rewards coming. And if you try to hand-fix the season and it doesn't work, you now have even more problems downstream and an even more broken war season.

In this case, the best course of action is to terminate the season and reset for the next season. Anything else would be a foolish gamble.
    Its not taking any rewards off the table lol. If match making is still broken right now, people will be missing individual war rewards regardless of whether war season is still on or not, and these rewards should be in a separate compensation.

Whats in question is the season ranking accuracy. Its not fair for alliances who are capable of moving up tiers. The way to satisfy everybody is restore the rankings and let the season continue, unless your telling me match making is going to be broken until the next season starts