**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• SkelliottSkelliott Posts: 30
    I agree with everyone on here about the defender kills. Those that have more means than skill will spend their way to a victory. I like the fact that points will be awarded for diversity in champions placed for defense, but I think that it should be substantial amount or it will not happen. If we don't get quite a lot of points for placing say iron man in our line ups, then most alliances will just use the same defenders they have been using.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    Whats the deal with scouter lense? Will we receive refunds for this now worthless mastery?
  • Jackie2CokesJackie2Cokes Posts: 199 ★★
    Wolfe wrote: »
    Are we gonna be still facing 50 defenders in this larger map or are there more? That is the only thing I care about TBH.

There will still only be 50 Defenders.

Why do we need a bigger map with more energy if there are still only 50 fights? And portals are a terrible addition. One energy to use it, one more to advance to a fighting node.

Are you releasing the AW energy refills as part of the update?
  • MagsMags Posts: 132
    I hope mods don't delete this again
  • MagsMags Posts: 132
    The removal of defender kill points will turn this aspect of the game into a bidding war for shards.

Who needs skill anyways right?

What do I mean by bidding war?

If an alliance of non-spending vets clears all three groups 100%, and kill all three bosses with no lost offensive champs (You know, using skill)- they can be beaten by a group who has revived 450 times (30 players @15 items) to clear 100% IF they bring a more diversified defense roster.
    At least that is how I am reading it.. am I wrong?

So instead of fixing broken, boring champs - or making champs that counter god-tier defenders, the idea is to penalize those that utilize the good defenders, praise those that bring **** champs, and say "it's okay if you can't fight, pay me and you can still win"?

I like the idea of almost all of the rest of the new features, but the insanely obvious money grab by removing defender kills from point totals ruins any interest I may have in them.

But congrats, you've found a useful area for those spider-Gwen's and Luke cage's after all! Who cares if they're never used anywhere else.
  • Gran_CojonuGran_Cojonu Posts: 14
    I have two questions:
    1. Will the MVP system be revised, or will the new map be more balanced as far as the participation points earned? With the current system, the best method of clearing a map is to have players run a dedicated path so that they can bring the most suitable champs and so that they can become good at handling the specific node buffs/debuffs. This has meant that only a few players ever get a shot at earning the MVP spot. This hasn't really been an issue so far, other than giving a little bit of bragging rights to those who run the longest paths, but now players will have an MVP score on their profiles. If the new system remains the same as the old system, this places those who are running the necessary, shorter paths at an insurmountable disadvantage.
    2. Related to this is the skirmish rewards. The description reads, "After completing an Alliance War, you’ll receive an in game mail message that includes the stats for all of your Alliance Mates with their performance in that War, and a small chunk of gold for each kill earned by an attacker, or defender!" Does this mean that I will receive "a small chunk of gold" for each of my kills, or for each kill of my alliance? I'm not too worried about the gold, but again, if the system remains the same, this favors players who run the longer paths or have the strongest champions to be placed as the main bosses.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    How do you revamp AW and not address the biggest issues everyone has been talking about for weeks? And on top of that you make it worse! Pathetic.
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    I realized that you can explain every single Kabam decision with "How does this make them more money". It's always very clear. And yes I know they're a business. But they seem less concerned with keeping their customers happy. Customers who will leave at a moment's notice if they are getting screwed too hard.
  • powerbusterspowerbusters Posts: 9
    edited August 2017
    Power/regent/invulnerability boosts were mentioned,so I have to ask this question these boosts only apply to your offense only or defense as well and if only attack do they act as buffs like regen is a buff will the boost for regen act like a buff to fuel mystic dispersion
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    It's pretty obvious no one is happy about the removal of defender kills as it does create a war to which whoever spends more is more likely to win.

Here's an idea, create two options for war that all alliances can join. Call it "hardcore" and "novice". Hardcore AW will allow item use, give higher rewards. Novice will not allow the use of any items, give a little lower rewards. Kabam still wins as whoever joins Hardcore they will be making more money on. The players that don't want to spend money win in joining Novice and putting it up to skill.
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    This has probably been mentioned, but taking away points for defender kills is really really crappy. That seriously just made aw pay to win. Use big pots and give as many deaths as you want with no penalty. Great idea... for money.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Anyone else think this will encourage more shell swapping?

Said this a few pages back, but got buried under the avalanche of comments. Definitely less incentive for skilled allies to stay at tier 1 and get "spent" to death.
  • For the Alliance Quests series running from Sunday, August 27th until Thursday, August 31st, there will be Zero cost to run any of the Maps, and Alliance Quest energy will refresh every 30 minutes.

The Normal Schedule would place AQ from 8/29 to 9/2.

Are you confirming that you are moving the AQ Schedule for 8/29?

(I maintain the Google Sheet Schedule)

7sl6c3uw1l0p.png
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Are we still going to be able to see a defender kill count even if they dont give us points?
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    Removing defender kill points reduces AW to race to "15 item cap". I am hoping that this will organically translate to item-less wars going forward.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    The real question is: what kind of new bugs will be introduced?
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    How many new starburst and degen nodes will be added?
  • MJAMMJAM Posts: 13
    Nice to see a change in AW. Being able to see the classes will make things easier. Glad you are trying something new in AW and hope if it turns out bad it will be addressed. I'll hold back more comments till we actually get to try it.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    GREAT! 5 minis with the same 3 attackers on a much bigger map, means more revives needed! No defender kill points! BIG SPENDERS WIN EVERY WAR!!! FUNNN!!!!!

Bigger map doesn't mean that you'll be having more fights. There will be just as many Defenders as there were before.

ok, just as many defenders. But defender kills, in combo with 5 mini bosses means $$ wins every war. No more skill. Good job killing wars.

The amount of items that any user can use remains the same, so every Alliance Member can still only Revive/Heal 15 times. This hasn't changed. Additionally, 5 Minibosses doesn't mean that any one person will be taking on more than 1.

The goal with the removal of Defender kills wasn't to increase the use of Potions or Revives, but to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there.

Why are you trying to make dramatic changes to keep people from feeling sad when they lose a fight? That's complete B.S... 1% exploration is worth 8 deaths right now, no one is worried about helping the other alliance when they have to revive, they are thinking about getting the node down. And if you can't handle losing a fight without your eyes tearing up, you shouldn't playing video games. This is a lame excuse for a change that is going to cause an extreme swing in how wars are won and lost. Bad excuse Mike, I swear sometimes the stuff you people say... It's like you think we are stupid.

This comment is up there with the comment about aq timers at 30 mins being detrimental to the player base...i actually think this one is worse.
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    I don't believe I missed it but why are these not being addressed or fixed. block/parry, freezing in middle of combo or freezing not able to evade, blocks getting punched through, visions specials not doing damage. Pretty much everything that was broke last update. I could care less about anything new if the current things are constantly broken.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Power/regent/invulnerability boosts were mentioned,so I have to ask this question these boosts only apply to your offense only or defense as well and if only attack do they act as buffs like regen is a buff will the boost for regen act like a buff to fuel mystic dispersion

Sounds like only applying to offense.
    My question on boosts would be: Cost? If they are cheap, easy to stock up on them when they come around. Indestructible means easy clears of AoN nodes, or risky fights vs high MD champs. Regen seems nice, but not a game-changer. Power start good for getting jump on those power controlling L2 specials vs Plagued Mind nodes.
    But the biggest question is... How many spare Luke Cages, DVs, and Visions did they grind down to make these new boosts? ;)
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Carnage313 wrote: »
    I don't believe I missed it but why are these not being addressed or fixed. block/parry, freezing in middle of combo or freezing not able to evade, blocks getting punched through, visions specials not doing damage. Pretty much everything that was broke last update. I could care less about anything new if the current things are constantly broken.

They generate revenue
This discussion has been closed.