**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Story quests ridiculously hard after 5.2

Is it just me or is it once you beat the collector and start going into 5.3 it just becomes stupidly hard unless you spends loads of units on revives? What level of champs do you need? Even with a few rank 4 5* I’m struggling ....

Comments

• TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 731 ★★★
    I would argue that 5.3 is hard yes - but, it really comes down to your collection of champs. The chapter requires a large variety of multiple classes, given the reduction in attack. Act 5.4 is easier, but the bosses still requires certain champs if you dont want to chip away with units - i.e. Iceman for Mephisto and Medusa for Ultron.
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    50% attack reduction is a bit too much ._.
    Even my champs that ramp up damage (Proxima and SG) can make up for the attack loss ._.
  • m3chan1cm3chan1c Posts: 25
    5.3 was pain to fight, that attack reduction wasn't great idea, it practically make 5 other classes less effective and made fights super long.
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    If you have GR., it’s a cakewalk.... longer fights but manageable
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I used sparky made this a whole lot easier
  • FarmBeardFarmBeard Posts: 12
    5.3 takes tenacity. It’s designed for whales to take entire teams of class specific champs into the fray. The rest of us just need to use what we have, and a whole lot of restarting maps; it’s a huge pain, but tanking one fight and restarting beats spending units.
  • Jaymix79Jaymix79 Posts: 232 ★★★
    I just finished Act 5 last night. Initial clear. Act 5.3 is just long and boring. You’ll push through it. 5.4 is a lot better until the Ultron boss.
  • psychodadpsychodad Posts: 24
    5.3.1 just required me restarting several times until I could get past the first guy without dying. but as I recall, once I was able to, it didn't take any revives. so it's not a massive spike, but it's designed to ensure you have a diverse crew of champs.

• I see you when you are at 6.2.3 omega red plus icarus global node
    :D
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    FarmBeard said:

5.3 takes tenacity. It’s designed for whales to take entire teams of class specific champs into the fray. The rest of us just need to use what we have, and a whole lot of restarting maps; it’s a huge pain, but tanking one fight and restarting beats spending units.

This is flat out laughable considering the champ options and rank resources that are available in game for players just taking this on now compared to those of us that did it when it was released
  • monomuggmonomugg Posts: 312 ★★
    i think 5.3 is scary at first, but it helps be more careful when fighting, because you know fights are going to be longer because of the attack reduction, but they're not that complicated. it's doable. personally my mvp was spider-man stark enhanced

now... 5.4 is a bit more fun to do in comparison with 5.3
  • LufasoLufaso Posts: 104
    It's long, not difficult
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 547 ★★★
    Act 6 isn’t worth it that mess is hard
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    JJPThor said:

Is it just me or is it once you beat the collector and start going into 5.3 it just becomes stupidly hard unless you spends loads of units on revives? What level of champs do you need? Even with a few rank 4 5* I’m struggling ....

This is very funny. It is very much doable with 4*. So if you are struggling with rank 4/55 then you need to watch videos and get in there with the right champion
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Aegon ramped up still puts out good damage.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Negritis said:

there is a difficulty spike but nothing specific 5* rank4 can't handle
    you need to check the actual paths, and who is weak to plan what to bring

and no its not "that" hard

Act 5 is not hard as long as you have a good team of maxed out 4 stars tbh
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    edited November 2019
    It's not hard, but it's very long. I did it a few weeks ago with:

5/50 4* sig 70 Ægon
    5/50 4* sig 20 Cap IW
    4/40 4* Infinity Man
    4/40 4* Emma Frost
    3/45 5* Old Man Logan (pre-buff)

This was unboosted and with almost no revives used, but a lot of health potions though. If a noob like me can do it with these champions, then there is hope for everyone. Especially with 4/55 5* champions.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Oh boy I wonder how you'll describe act 6 when you get there lol
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    JJPThor said:

5.3 and onward the emphasis on having specific champs ramps up, that's most likely what you're having difficulty with. From DoT champs that you can push through 5.3 class disadvantage to the 5 champs (and their synergies) you can use to clear 5.4.6 ultron boss with, to the 5 star firewall just to start 6, to the biohazard/vigor 6.1.5 xbones boss that stands in the way of cavalier, it's all about what champs you got from here on out. Good luck.
  • LukazizLukaziz Posts: 90
    Doesn't get hard till 6.2
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★

I see you when you are at 6.2.3 omega red plus icarus global node

What is that even supposed to mean? icarus is light work
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    If you can’t do it with 4/55 5 stars that’s more a skill issue, I was fine doing it with 3 5-50 4 stars and 2 4-40 4 stars back in the day, explored it with 1 r4 5* which was a bit of a pain but that was just a few paths
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019

I see you when you are at 6.2.3 omega red plus icarus global node

You mean by far the easiest quest in the whole of act 6? 6.2.3 is like the 5.1.4 of act 6 where the global just makes it stupidly easy
  • LeovaMLeovaM Posts: 37
    Can't agree with this one.

While just completing Act 5 - yes, it was sort of difficult. In 5.3 there was attack reduction in each map for every class except one, and in 5.4 there is Mephisto, M.O.D.O.K. and Ultron of course, who were pretty much a pain in the ass.

But after completing and getting some champs to rank 4 it became much easier to start exploring, I remember when I duped my 5* Hyperion and took my Stark Enhanced SM to rank 4, I realized that I CAN actually explore this. Even though, Mephisto was bad, didn't have any good incinerate immune champ that time, so I explored that map beating him with Stark Spidey, dexing and running from during all fights, and with my 4* 5/50 Iceman, whose damage may I say was not so good))

And, obviously, Ultron. Ughhh, so much nerves were waisted there. Tried pretty much everyone on him, there is 8 paths, two times knocked him down with Loki, one time with Spidey, one with Hyperion and four times with 6* Doctor Octopus, who was very useful, because I noticed that even if Ultron evades, he still could reach him with his tentacles with next hit, and that power gain block helped so much.

So what I want to say - Act 5 is not that difficult, if you compare it with Act 6 even the first chapter. There is so many annoying fights - dealing with 6.1.1 global node, 6.1.2 Sentinel and Ultron, Crossbones and Red Hulk in 6.1.5. In 6.2 everything gets even worse - Mr. Sinister boss, global node in 6.2.5, Mordo in the end of it with his buffs, which cannot be removed because for the first time you want to do easy path, which is keeping all these buffs on him, and of course Champion in the end, who is the most difficult boss to defeat if you don't have Supreme, CapIW, She-Hulk or Stealth Spidey.