**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

No Defender kills? How about inverse points for item use then?

gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
My suggestion in place of defender kills would be an inverse scoring for item use...example would be: 0 item use for 1 bg = 20k pts for the offensive group, 10 item use = 15k pts and so forth...the base points for minimal item use in a group should be significant enough to determine a win for a moderately close match. this will factor in player skill yet does not award points if one of their champs are killed (giving room for mistakes). This will allow the offense to continue attacking at least until they exhaust all their champs. smart defensive placement is the only counter to this...I would also suggest to include use of boosts in war to be counted as item use if this is the case so that points can better represent skill of players in an alliance war. this factors in the personality of being too precautionary or “safely boosted” in attacking...

Comments

• weavileweavile Posts: 288
    minus point for each item use is a nice idea since either you have to rely on skill or you have to go big: buy 7k potion to fully heal your champion
  • PrimePrime Posts: 13
    Cute. A game mode that discourages item use. Good luck with that.
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    edited August 2017
    I am not suggesting minus points for every use though...it is more like a range...wherein if you get in the minimal item use range, your bg will still get a perfect score (maybe 0-10 item use for the group)...this promotes smart and efficient item usage in my perspective.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    If their whole goal was you lose a champ but have two perfectly good champs, make revives costs points then.

Pros
    1) You aren't penalized for initial deaths (and therefore timeouts / half health crashes) -> aligns with example provided. Lose one champ or wipe all three, doesn't cost team points -> team needs to coordinate more on when it is worthwhile to use revives

2) Encourages more item use around health potions for competitive play (which already may occur some)

3) Glory store does provide ability to buy decent quality single health pots (though can get expensive) so F2P can still compete, just may need to reallocate their resources some
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    edited August 2017
    How about this...as a tweak to my suggestion...
    Starting at 0-30 item use for a BG yields a perfect 15k points
    31-50 item use for a BG yields 12.5k points
    51-80 item use yields 10k points
    81-100 item use yields 5k points

I do not disagree with the above comment to this though...it’s good enough to achieve the goal of exhausting all champs in offense. :)