**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Rewards Exploit, what?

I don't know anything about that but got warned about that through system mail. This is an insult. You introduced a bug and then blamed everyone who stepped on it without notice. Is it fair?

Comments

• killlergkilllerg Member Posts: 6
    I am going to take a long break of this game. This message is one reason. On top of that, while I am still striving to earn more 5* champs and yet have any of my 11 5* champs ranked to level 3, they started introducing 6*. This really means all of our efforts and lots of lots of our times to earn 4* champs via arena and quests sounds stupid and silly!! They could make this game more interesting by introducing more masteries and new speciality of champs. But they chose to introduce this silly and shortsighted idea. I won't spend more effort and time in this game. My real life have much more important and meaningful things to do. So sad to see this game not getting more interesting but repetitive and dull.
  • UltraLDUltraLD Member Posts: 28
    edited August 2017
    NetMarble is a Korean company. It's all about saving face. You will never get them to admit to doing anything wrong. It will always be the user's fault.

I'm not sure they put much thought into the customer support side of things when they decided to buy Kabam. They only saw the dollar signs. Sooner or later they will figure out where all that money comes from or where it was coming from.
  • FeboFebo Member Posts: 3
    The same happened to me, I also get mad about it because I was not one of the "lucky" ones who get extra rewards and thought the same thing, why kabam make a mistake and I got to blame? this is ridiculous, but at the and also help me to not buy those signature hability promotions and also considering finally quit the game, at the end I have to say, thank you kabam, you gave me what I needed :)
  • AmonthirAmonthir Member Posts: 754 ★★★
    If you ran ANY of the event quests during that timeframe, for any reason, you should get that email. It's a blanket email for those who did not obviously run up a ton of rewards to the point of receiving bans. I got the email as well, for just running some of the weak quests for the completion units, but that is because it did give me extra rewards. They are not taking away the legitimate rewards a quest completion or exploration would give you, just any extra rewards you may have received from the issue.
  • KratorianKratorian Member Posts: 5
    I received the same notification but didn't take advantage or exploit that bug at all. Don't get me wrong, when I woke up that morning I felt like I missed an opportunity, but to a degree I can see the argument for it being an unfair advantage. I didn't sweat it because I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY REWARDS. I didn't run the event quest when the bug was active. I was asleep and when I woke up it had already been fixed. The email they sent me is outright offensive as it has a clear lack of evidence to my supposed "exploit". This may be my breaking point as well. If a single 5* shard or unit disappears from my account because of this my gaming days with Kabam are over.
  • FeboFebo Member Posts: 3
    Amonthir I truly understand what you're saying, however during those days I check my rewards and there wasn't anything extra, just what de description says, that's my discomfort, if I didn't get anything extra, what are they gonna take from me?
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Member Posts: 325
    To all who are leaving:

Bye
  • AmonthirAmonthir Member Posts: 754 ★★★
    Febo wrote: »
    Amonthir I truly understand what you're saying, however during those days I check my rewards and there wasn't anything extra, just what de description says, that's my discomfort, if I didn't get anything extra, what are they gonna take from me?

Possibly nothing at all, and perhaps they are just sending the message to everyone, as it is easier that way, whether that is a good decision or not. But they will look at the account and see if there were any extras gained that you may not have noticed, and if so, they will go away, somehow. If not, they will move on to the next account. Presumably. I know I got extra rewards, and I expect them to disappear.
  • Kabam VydiousKabam Vydious Member Posts: 3,598 ★★★★★
    Hey gang,

Dropping by to let you know it was sent out to all players that may have been affected by the bug, including those who may have used it without knowing. We aren't accusing anyone, it's a heads up that any rewards that weren't meant to be awarded to your account might be removed. Anything you won legitimately will not be removed.

I apologize that it felt as if it were an accusation, we meant nothing of the sort. The message was sent to make sure everyone who experienced the bug knowingly OR unknowingly was aware of what was to happen.
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Member Posts: 365
    edited August 2017
    Hey gang,

Dropping by to let you know it was sent out to all players that may have been affected by the bug, including those who may have used it without knowing. We aren't accusing anyone, it's a heads up that any rewards that weren't meant to be awarded to your account might be removed. Anything you won legitimately will not be removed.

I apologize that it felt as if it were an accusation, we meant nothing of the sort. The message was sent to make sure everyone who experienced the bug knowingly OR unknowingly was aware of what was to happen.

What about those who are 100% sure they did not get any exploit rewards, yet received a message claiming they did? Are we in any danger of losing rewards we rightfully achieved?
  • GarfunckleGarfunckle Member Posts: 2
    I'm fine with you taking them if I did receive extra but I submitted a ticket to ask what items will be taken and if there was proof I received extra rewards.

All I got was pre generated message accusing me of receiving the rewards and closed the ticket without answering my questions. Can a moderator here help me?
  • DecksieDecksie Member Posts: 33
    Garfunckle wrote: »
    I'm fine with you taking them if I did receive extra but I submitted a ticket to ask what items will be taken and if there was proof I received extra rewards.

All I got was pre generated message accusing me of receiving the rewards and closed the ticket without answering my questions. Can a moderator here help me?

Same here - have no problem giving them back, but they won't tell me what they are.

I also don't appreciate their implication that they "couldn't find evidence of egregrious intent" otherwise I would have been banned. Makes it sound like we're all criminals and they just can't prove it.
  • danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,079 ★★★★★
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    Hey gang,

What about those who are 100% sure they did not get any exploit rewards, yet received a message claiming they did? Are we in any danger of losing rewards we rightfully achieved?

Did you not even read the post you quoted?????
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,544 ★★★★
    Form letter:
    Dear Cheater,
    Thanks for making babies cry with your cheating, you will pay dearly for your treachery and bring shame to your family name. All others, pls. disregard.
    Cheers,
    Kabam.
  • Green_Rican_1Green_Rican_1 Member Posts: 25
    Kabam with there false claims... how can you exploit something if you don't know what your exploiting. If they programmed the game wrong to give wrong rewards who's fault is that? Then to accuse us of cheating? My ticket I sent but they responded with the same email.

"Not sure what kind of sh!t show you are trying to pull here but I don't appreciate recieving an email from you blaming me for cheating. You stated that it is believe that I some how exploited the contest and gaining a unfair advantage with something you put out there to play? First of all if you dare blame anyone you better come with more concrete evidence then that. 2nd if I cheated why don't you explain what I did, perhaps I was unaware I did something that you call exploiting the contest realm. Lastly, I believe your game is an exploit of people's money and I do play countless hours and put in the hard work to build my roster and hit arena without spending money. The fact that your sending these emails accusing people and then saying the offense is not enough for further action?!?!? Really it's just a game and what about all the times you put out a broken product and we put up with it. I don't know who you think I am to just take some bull accusation from you since apparently your game was broken. You need to do your research, oh wait you don't obviously do your research since you had to get beta testers since your core game testers approved update 12.0... That was a joke.. you make me debate whether or not I want to continue devoting my time to a side show this game has become. Why don't you compensate for the trash you have put out recently.

Next time think and have your facts straight before you put out a finger pointing email to a loyal player. Your ridiculous in your accusation and need to do something else with your lives instead of trying to punish the little guys."
  • Nwest1314Nwest1314 Member Posts: 2
    I got the same message, messaged them, they sent the same message back with a "thank you," passive aggressive a holes. I hope we get a free bundle or something when this is figured out. I play this game four hours a day & get accused of cheating "real" players. Wish we could find these guys' breakroom!
  • jlchen1974jlchen1974 Member Posts: 2
    We played at the wrong time. It's our punishment for playing too much. Next time we play and there is an exploit going on, we will be banned cause that would be the 2nd time we 'exploit' the game. Thanks Kabam.
    Nwest1314 wrote: »
    I got the same message, messaged them, they sent the same message back with a "thank you," passive aggressive a holes. I hope we get a free bundle or something when this is figured out. I play this game four hours a day & get accused of cheating "real" players. Wish we could find these guys' breakroom!

Lmfao, find them in the breakroom... it's just a shame they don't have to finger point then back off like you said passive aggressive...
    jlchen1974 wrote: »
    We played at the wrong time. It's our punishment for playing too much. Next time we play and there is an exploit going on, we will be banned cause that would be the 2nd time we 'exploit' the game. Thanks Kabam.

Exactly! How could they say you may have been doing it and not even know. Let's say we did notice rewards were higher for a certain path or quest... who's fault is that?!? Shouldn't it be whoever on the game team designed it? Shouldn't it be their immediate supervisor?? Shouldn't it be their QA people who "test" the game before putting it out???

Sorry but for you to blame someone then just day we are taking items and reversing anything you did with it is not right. Think more has to be explained and logged. Also they should tell you what your losing so we know not just surprise it's gone! If I don't trust them to make sure they are doing there own checks on the game, do you really think they will ensure they are taking the right amount of "exploits" (bull)
    Guess shame on me for hating to be falsely accused... guess with Kabam "Your guilty even if we can prove nothing"
  • KCMickKCMick Member Posts: 7
    Decksie wrote: »
    Garfunckle wrote: »

Same here - have no problem giving them back, but they won't tell me what they are.

I also don't appreciate their implication that they "couldn't find evidence of egregrious intent" otherwise I would have been banned. Makes it sound like we're all criminals and they just can't prove it.

Exact same canned response received as well....................................
  • killlergkilllerg Member Posts: 6
    This is a HR disaster. They should have said "sorry we programmed our system wrong and allowed players to get rewards multiple times. We have identified this xxx should not have rewarded. To be fair with other players, we will need to cancel the rewards. We are sorry about that and will continue to improve the system quality. To contact us, please submit your question via this form. ". Does this sound better Kabam? You don't accuse people before you have identified exactly what people have done wrong.
    killlerg wrote: »
    This is a HR disaster. They should have said "sorry we programmed our system wrong and allowed players to get rewards multiple times. We have identified this xxx should not have rewarded. To be fair with other players, we will need to cancel the rewards. We are sorry about that and will continue to improve the system quality. To contact us, please submit your question via this form. ". Does this sound better Kabam? You don't accuse people before you have identified exactly what people have done wrong.

They need to hire you ASAP... exactly my thoughts and HR 101 you never blame anyone
  • danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,079 ★★★★★
    killlerg wrote: »

This is basically exactly what they did......they said they messed up and are taking away the unearned rewards.
  • Awesomeness44Awesomeness44 Member Posts: 139
    I was too lazy to explore heroic and go to master this time around and I have no idea what you people are talking about
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Member Posts: 981 ★★
    so basically you all did the quest over and over for no reason at all, didnt even notice all the rewards that you kept getting that were equal to over a years worth of rewards?

Then come on here blaming Kabam (again) for this obvious attempt to CHEAT the game and expect sympathy

Seems fair to me guys, im with you cheaters!!
    so basically you all did the quest over and over for no reason at all, didnt even notice all the rewards that you kept getting that were equal to over a years worth of rewards?

Then come on here blaming Kabam (again) for this obvious attempt to CHEAT the game and expect sympathy

Seems fair to me guys, im with you cheaters!!

Actually I didn't realize rewards at this point in the game I auto fight heroic and 1st part of master mode. They encourage us to run same maps over and over for not only event quest but completion event. Not to mention for resources like Gold and ISO since every upgrade for 4* and 5* cost so much.

But I guess you don't have those problems, FYI I am no cheater and my 366 arena streak would attest to that. I don't need to cheat play enough and grind enough to earn... ;)

Real players would agree...
    I was too lazy to explore heroic and go to master this time around and I have no idea what you people are talking about

I need those Alphas and T4B to get those 5* to rank 4... Heroic is auto fight while I am at work or driving.
    Did anyone ever get a real response on this? I got 3 auto-garbage replies.

Same I just got auto replies