**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Silver Surfer

Just saw gameplay of Silver Surfer and he doesn't look that good. Considering that he is the only champion coming out this month and you know he's Silver Surfer looks underwhelming. I don't know what do you guys think?

Comments

• FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    Good feedback, I am going to check out some YouTube content and maybe save my money.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I got insanely lucky and got a 5* from the first crystal I opened. I had rank up gems to take him to R4 and an awakening gem so I could take him to sig 180. I was pretty excited to take him for a run against WS and it took about 300 hits my first try which is pretty awful for a R4. A few tries later I got it down to about 213 hits but it still seems high. I’m still trying to figure out the best way to cycle him but I have to say, I’m not impressed. He has virtually no utility and needs a lot of setup to start dishing out damage. His saving grace is the new vigilance buff which is easy enough to trigger but man, I honestly thought he’d be better.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    What about his synergies?
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    His animations are sick tho :p
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,391 ★★★★★
    Really hope nova will turn things around
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★

His animations are sick tho :p

Yeah I guess but is it only me but the sp2 kind of feel off
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    It's funny - people made similar complaints about Dr Doom...and Claire Voyant...and plenty of other champs...
    Agentk said:

What about his synergies?

They aren’t great tbh doctor doom has a good solo synergy with silver surfer though
    There may be one great gem of a synergy that’s being overlooked.
  • Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    It’s Obvious, the last couple months the champs haven’t hit very hard, I think Kabam is being conservative, so they don’t have to nerf anyone and ya he looks duff!
    The problem is everyone expects every new champ to be top tier or useful for everything in the game. That’s not usually how it works. You have champs with great prestige and bad prestige. You have champs with great immunities, great power, or great utility. Very rarely will a champ possess all these attributes. I know everyone expected SS to be this amazing champ and maybe he should’ve been. But he’s not worthless. He has the highest prestige in game which is appealing to some. He can dish out some damage and he will be a good champ for freezer burn or shock/incinerate nodes. Doom was just recently released and everyone was worried about him being a dud since he is a big name and a mystic but they knocked it out of the park with him. While SS may not be quite as useful, he’s no Thor (Rag) or Phoenix.
  • DynastyDynasty Posts: 30
    Technically Silver Surfer isn't released yet. Knowing that Kabam finish the champion and give him the abilities you know he's missing.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Dynasty said:

Technically Silver Surfer isn't released yet. Knowing that Kabam finish the champion and give him the abilities you know he's missing.

Are you serious? I've already seen a couple R5 sig 200 5*. A couple in my alliance have him. Guys bought early release crystals and got him.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★
    Dynasty said:

When have they ever done that
  • Ragnaroky12Ragnaroky12 Posts: 62
    I'm not so surprised, even Sentry or Phoenix are supposed to be extremely strong characters, but they don't be. I expected Silver Surfer at least to bring something new to the contest, but he doesn't. Luckily Mr fantastic has bringed something new to the contest..