Options

What 15.0 war means to Us players..

Comments

• Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    And maybe you are right. When I seen people time out fighting one of my champs I didn't get a kill. Maybe I do need to reset the app next time to see if it just didn't give me the kill right away
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Can someone link to where it was mentioned by a mod that degen would replace Thorns? Missed it in the main thread I guess.
  • Options
    RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Well, I dont expect anything good from Kabam anymore, and still they manage to disappoint me in many ways.
  • Options
    DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    I dont understand why Kabam didnt review the rewards with this update... with the introduction of 6*s, there was also a promise of increased 5* and 4* rewards, so why arent we seeing this along with the introduction of an updated AW ?
  • Options
    ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    it just basically hands the war to the spenders. its a guaranteed win for them now.
  • Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    DJRipster wrote: »
    I dont understand why Kabam didnt review the rewards with this update... with the introduction of 6*s, there was also a promise of increased 5* and 4* rewards, so why arent we seeing this along with the introduction of an updated AW ?

Most mini bosses with no more rewards. Makes no sense.
  • Options
    wray1976 wrote: »

Also assuming with the increased difficulty as you move toward the boss it might be a lot harder to solo paths and explore. Just guessing at this point
  • Options
    ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Well, they can't slap their own hands with the release of the grandmaster crystal now can they?!
  • Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    wray1976 wrote: »

Also assuming with the increased difficulty as you move toward the boss it might be a lot harder to solo paths and explore. Just guessing at this point

5 mini bosses will throw off a lot of alliances. Will take a bit to adjust to that. Less room for error.
  • Options
    vikky89vikky89 Posts: 80
    I don't understand how this is a money grab? In my tier I have always seen people spend, and have lost some wars because of it. Its still a 10 item cap so people will still be using just as many items as always. Ive never seen people not spend in regards to concerns about defender kills since it very very rarely played a big impact in scoring. Has always come down to boss kills and exploration.

in High tiers most of the time you get all 3 boss kills and almost similar exploration. Only way to decide who lost n won is by defender kills. If your alliance is skilled enough you give less no of defense kills. By this regular or non-spenders had a fair chance of winning the war against big spending alliances. Take out defense kills, you are not rewarding skill anymore. Everyone getting same item cap logic is pretty lame. ppl using 2 lvl3 single heals is not equal to others using 2 lvl3 team heals, even tho both have same item count. Ppl who can afford high level potions will always win under new war system. How is this fair.
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    They are emphasizing attacker kills now, trying to switch things up to make attack more of a focus, possibly to change the boss kill express method and make war more reliant on clearing as much as possible. I don't agree with it. We have all focused on having the strongest defenders because defense wins championships. The whole goal is to prevent the other team from dominating by offense, this just destroys our current strategy and deemphasizes defense. Now you need to have everyone use different teams that aren't as strong, and spend more to clear the maps for the same rewards. Maybe with the diversity of defenders it will be easier to clear, but it really feels like we are starting from ground zero and forced to use resources to rank up champs we normally wouldn't just so we don't have so many of the same champs in each group or alliance as a whole. There are only a handful of great defenders as is, and I personally don't like the idea of ranking champs just to gain diversity.
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Are you talking about timing out by force closing the game or just fighting until time runs out? If time just runs out it does not give a kill

No. It counts as a defender kill in both situations
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 378
    Rednick69 wrote: »
    I think using this for rank down tickets aren't valid because they didn't change a champion. I also have mixed feelings on the defender kill idea. I like that with the update if we get to a boss we can practice on him without consequence where as before, we just wouldn't fight him if it were a close match and didn't have to.

I also think that before you get too upset about them changing the thorns node you should wait and see what they are putting in. They mentioned something about diversity of defenders.

They created the game. We played it based on their creation. If they want to change it, then give us the tools to change/retool our own accounts
  • Options
    KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    They should give incentives for killing mini bosses and boss to players in AW... Like 4* and 5* shards depending on your tier of course.
  • Options
    They should give incentives for killing mini bosses and boss to players in AW... Like 4* and 5* shards depending on your tier of course.
    Wow! Im seriously on board with this idea lol. Boss Killers actually getting rewarded would be a nice touch.

• Options
    Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    Seems like there's 10 negative changes, and 1-2 positive changes....

What I don't understand is the reasoning on why there's now 5 mini bosses, the map is longer meaning more time/resources spent, but the prizes are the same?

It's like saying here's a new office for you to work in which is a little nicer than you old office, but now you have to work 12 hour a days instead of the 8 hour days you normally work, and we are going to pay you the same for the 12 hour days as you made for the 8 hour days.

• Options
    WafflesalldayWafflesallday Posts: 189
    Rank down tickets * clap clap clapclapclap*
    Rank down tickets * clap clap clapclapclap*
  • Options
    vikky89 wrote: »
    Wow! Im seriously on board with this idea lol. Boss Killers actually getting rewarded would be a nice touch.

Lol yeah rewarding individual for a boss kill in a team event is a bad idea. So you go in do all the work but got KO with couple hits left, someone writing behind could just go in land few hits n get all the rewards for boss kill how stupid is that

Im thinking more like a handful of ISO or a little amount of shards, nothing crazy. Smart alliance players wouldn't go outside their comfort zone for a fight a risk dying for something like that. And if someone did do all the work and another finished it off, big deal. Its your alliance members anyways, why would you get all upset about someone else getting a small reward? And lets keep the thread classy, its just an idea. Like it or don't, but no need to insult others if you don't agree or hate their ideas. Its not like its gonna happen just cause someone suggested it
  • Options
    I don't understand how this is a money grab? In my tier I have always seen people spend, and have lost some wars because of it. Its still a 10 item cap so people will still be using just as many items as always. Ive never seen people not spend in regards to concerns about defender kills since it very very rarely played a big impact in scoring. Has always come down to boss kills and exploration.

in High tiers most of the time you get all 3 boss kills and almost similar exploration. Only way to decide who lost n won is by defender kills. If your alliance is skilled enough you give less no of defense kills. By this regular or non-spenders had a fair chance of winning the war against big spending alliances. Take out defense kills, you are not rewarding skill anymore. Everyone getting same item cap logic is pretty lame. ppl using 2 lvl3 single heals is not equal to others using 2 lvl3 team heals, even tho both have same item count. Ppl who can afford high level potions will always win under new war system. How is this fair.
    I understand what you're saying, and everyone else.. I compete in tier 2 and 3. With tied boss kills our wars have easily come down to 1% or 2% exploration to decide the out come for winner. I think only once or twice I have ever seen defender kills be the deciding factor. This is just in my experience.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

I understand what you're saying, and everyone else.. I compete in tier 2 and 3. With tied boss kills our wars have easily come down to 1% or 2% exploration to decide the out come for winner. I think only once or twice I have ever seen defender kills be the deciding factor. This is just in my experience.

I doubt that you've only seen defender kills decide once or twice. You just haven't been paying attention.

What you're also forgetting is that you've never had a war where defender kills don't count. You've never seen an alliance throw all 15 items at your defense to get a win, without caring about kills. Not seeing how this new AW is going to be pay to win is just ignorant.
  • Options
    Defensive kills are super important, there have been so many wars where it's come down to those. If they would like to encourage more offensive based wars, they shouldn't get rid of defensive kills completely, maybe just making them worth less, or attacker kills worth more, or something like that
  • Options
    BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    The reason why rank down tickets are reasonable in this situation is only really applicable to players who went 4/55 on a defender only good for use on thorns. Except for the top alliances 99% of players are locked at 2-3 4/55 champs depending on whether they've completed LOL and how long they've been playing the game from extra free rewards and tiny amounts of T2A trickling in. If some random guy went 4/55 and max sig on his Antman, it's obvious he only did it to help his alliance on thorns. If this same guy never got to 4/55 SL because of this he may never be able to finish LOL without sending Kabam 3-4 Odins brute forcing it with a low damage champ. So this random guy is now stuck at two 4/55 champs for a LONG LONG time considering the slow trickle of T2A being introduced. Saying the champ wasn't changed so no rank down is required makes no sense in this situation since the champ was only ever used for 1 purpose that was removed. When you're stuck at 2 4/55 champs and one of them is Antman and you have a 3/45 SL you're ready to take through LOL but stuck since you sacrificed for AW defense, how is this that different than changing Antman directly when you remove his sole purpose to max rank?

Massive amounts of rank downs of all tiers I think is asking for too much, but for players stuck at 2 or 3 max 5-stars that only have 1 use in the game makes complete sense to me. And no I am not one of them, I'm a selfish SOB who maxed out Magik and Ultron who can both be used for basically anything.