**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So now AQ drones can execute specials before heavies are completed?

I just got screwed by the first drone in AQ map 5. Everything was going well with VTD building up his aberration and the drone was left with just a bit of health. The drone then execute a heavy and I went in but it actually managed to block it! Second time I went in again while it is in the process of executing a heavy and it retaliate with a special and took down my champ.

I just want to know if this is normal and it is my mistake or something is wrong and you guys experienced it too.

Comments

• Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

If the opponent isn't party stunned then they can retaliate with a special if you attempt to chain a heavy.

I read it as the drone was doing a heavy, not him.
    but I could have misread it ?
  • Options
    YuhoeYuhoe Posts: 25
    dot_ditto said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

If the opponent isn't party stunned then they can retaliate with a special if you attempt to chain a heavy.

I read it as the drone was doing a heavy, not him.
    but I could have misread it ?
    You read it right. It is the drone doing the heavy. My alliance mates also indicated that they experienced it too and the drones can interrupt heavies and break through blocks.
  • Options
    ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    It's something that we can do, so this seems like it is just another advancement to the games AI.
  • Options
    SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    We can throw specials in the middle of heavy so the AI can as well.
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    I’ll have to test that.

Mines always throws after the heavy animation is complete.
  • Options
    icm4266icm4266 Posts: 45
    It is possible to activate a heavy attack during the time that you are charging a heavy attack up until you actually launch it. If the drone is throwing a special during the actual period of time that the heavy attack is hitting then that is an issue but if it is switching straight from a heavy charge to a special attack then that's just a good AI
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Multi hit heavies can be interrupted into a special attack. I've been doing this for years. It's actually vital to do this when using CapIW to land your sp2 with fury. That is just one example. So I have no issue with the AI doing something that is normal.
  • Options
    Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    edited December 2019
    You can easily do this yourself like when hela is charging heavies to build furies then you throw a special if the opponent rushes you.