**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

So how bad was Ice Phoenix?

TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
I always hear about how bad she was to fight personally during that time I wasn’t playing so please tell me how bad was she?

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Man it was horrible, it wasn’t like fighting a stacked iceman now, the Coldnsap damage took pretty much the full health of a 4-55 5* that wasn’t either boosted had class advantage or an abnormally high health pool, any 4* or r3 5* had to be fully boosted to stand a chance, and back then the only coldsnap immune in game was mephisto and he hits like a noodle without incinerate, there was no such thing as a 5-65 then either, it was horrible, I remember fighting her 6 times with a 4* hulk full health boosts and a lot of revives and potions
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,359 ★★★★★
    And then she got neft
  • Options
    Gamer said:

And then she got neft

Yeah, only to the point a class advantage 4-55 went to 15% health from full, Coldnsap still killed any unboosted 4*
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,217 ★★★★
    I respectfully passed. If content introduces an opponent with no existing counter on my roster, I skip it.
    That Coldsnap was impossible back then. Today she would be no problem at all. ☻👍
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,359 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Gamer said:

And then she got neft

Yeah, only to the point a class advantage 4-55 went to 15% health from full, Coldnsap still killed any unboosted 4*
    True it definitely wasn’t a fun fight
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,584 ★★★★
    edited December 2019
    It wasn’t fun. Costed a lot of trials and errors back and forth back then.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    There was no cold snap immune champs and damage was based off modified attack so you would pretty much die in 20-30 seconds in most scenarios.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILC said:

There was no cold snap immune champs and damage was based off modified attack so you would pretty much die in 20-30 seconds in most scenarios.

Mephisto was coldsnap immune and it’s 12 seconds, that’s the duration of the start fight coldsnap
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

Gamer said:

And then she got neft

<
    There were a couple of exceptions, Rogue being the one that comes to mind. If you could either reduce the duration of the coldsnap or shake the debuff off you could survive. But I don’t think anything under 4/55 could just tank the damage fully.

Others have already described the difficult attributes of Ice Phoenix - the initial cold snap and the heal block - but what really made her nasty was the consequences of all that stuff. At the time not many people had experience fighting Iceman so evading Ice Phoenix’s specials was not easy for most. Couple that with the heal block and you get a champion what was very likely to kill you. Couple *that* with the initial coldsnap damage and you get a champ you couldn’t just revive and fight again, so you couldn’t just keep trying until you got her. If you died, you either had to revive *and* use a lot of potions (or else coldsnap would just kill you at the start of the fight) or reset the whole map and try again.

To be honest, at the time there was probably a lot of players dealing with UC content by just reviving their way through the rough spots, and Ice Phoenix was something you couldn’t do that for. That made her especially nasty for many UC players at the time. But even pretty good players could have extreme difficulty with her.
  • Options
    StrStr Posts: 547 ★★

I always hear about how bad she was to fight personally during that time I wasn’t playing so please tell me how bad was she?

Essentially a death sentence for most players without an immune champ or an an insanely boosted and skilled player
  • Options
    MDavis said:

Brian grant enjoyed that fight, that guy is weird...

And he liked the 6.2 gates, he’s definitely weird lol
  • Options
    X_E_CutionerX_E_Cutioner Posts: 155
    + that Rise of the Phoenix regen which gave her almost 50% health back even if you somehow manage to take her down in one try