**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam removes gifting badges because of fraud, and now, they bring it back as it was, NO changes?

SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
WTH, there was tons of fraud going on for the gifting badges, and they rightfully removed it.

Now, they bring it back with no changes AT ALL?

It isn't locked to alliance only, and you must be in alliance for a certain amount of time?

Kabam is really showing what matters to them. Highly disappointing.

Comments

• MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    Money talks my friend.
  • TChalllaTChallla Posts: 85
    They really did make the best of a bad situation here. It’s one of the best alliance events of the year. I just pulled 500k in gold from the small crystal.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Personally think the right decision was made for the community.

I personally don't spend or do the gifting event outside maybe doing 1 or 2 of the GGC.

But not having the event at all would of been hugely disappointing to a lot of players.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Fast2 said:

Community favorite or cash cow for kabam?

BOTH
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    SparkAlot said:

WTH, there was tons of fraud going on for the gifting badges, and they rightfully removed it.

It isn't locked to alliance only, and you must be in alliance for a certain amount of time?

Be honest.. if they didn't have the gifting event.. you would have made a post complaining about that..
    To me.. 2 weeks of people being able to commit fraud is worthwhile to keep the community happy.. and also.. kabam is about to make a ton of money.. which is probably the biggest reason the gifting event is running as is currently..
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

SparkAlot said:

Be honest.. if they didn't have the gifting event.. you would have made a post complaining about that..
    To me.. 2 weeks of people being able to commit fraud is worthwhile to keep the community happy.. and also.. kabam is about to make a ton of money.. which is probably the biggest reason the gifting event is running as is currently..
    You are wrong. I could care less about the gifting event, I am totally F2P, and don't waste units.

There are so many ways they could have done the gifting event to make it fair.

Now, all those same crappy people that committed fraud before will come back with a vengeance, buy up tons of stuff with STOLEN CCs, use all the items before ANY fraudulent activity is detected (usually takes 30-60 days before people see something on their statement), and then, it is far too late for Kabam to do anything to the RECEIVER that got the ill gotten goods, since they have long used it.

How can anyone be OK with that? That is a built in cheat code to clear ANY content, just throw them a ton of revives & pots.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Yes, we brought it back knowing that we are opening ourselves up to Fraudulent behaviour because we know that this is a fan favourite event.

This is a temporary event, and while we explored many options on how to do it, none of them worked. Our options were to either not run it at all or run it as we did last year. Knowing that this is an event that many of our Summoners look forward to every year, we made the choice to run it.

And I thank you for that. I was actually on break from the game last year, so I haven't gotten to enjoy gifting until now and so far, I'm very pleased.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    It’s clear the motive in doing this. Debate isn’t really needed
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    Why not just put a limit on each item you can gift? That would mean a different system for the rank rewards though.
  • MetroidBlasterMetroidBlaster Posts: 131 ★★
    "Fraud is OK as long as it's only for a little while" '-kabam
  • KatfoolKatfool Posts: 8
    Quite ****. It does the community good as a whole. WIN WIN
  • KatfoolKatfool Posts: 8
    I still want my $30 back LOL
  • Duck_of_DoomDuck_of_Doom Posts: 171
    CodeOmega said:

They brought it back because of the amount of sweet cash they make from it

They brought it back because the forums will be cluttered with people like you complaining about it