Greedy

I keep seeing posts with people throwing around the term "greedy" and "money grubbing" when it comes to the offers that Kabam puts out. People seem to think that everything should be for free because this is a "free to play" game.

How do you think Kabam makes money to develop/upkeep/ keep this game from dying off like so many others?
It baffles me that people think it's greedy.

While I agree that some things in game seem completely ridiculous in terms of the value that it offers to players, both paid and free-to-play, that deserve to be called out and given feedback on, I think we need to take a step back and realize that those "whales" that you seem to think are taking YOUR rewards away from YOU - are actually the ones that are allowing you to play for free.

I'm not saying all deals are amazing, and I'm DEFINITELY not saying that I agree with all decisions about offers and rewards in this game (I think a ton should be changed), but I can't believe all of the people that seem to truly believe that a "free to play" game should have all the benefits, with absolutely no cost.

Comments

  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 549 ★★
    There are many games that use ads system. It’s pretty much simple as you think, just log in and the company plays a video game ads for 30 seconds once a day. That in combination with millions of players that log in regularly and that’s a lot of cash anyway. After 30 seconds video game ads or picture ads that show up once a day per log in then the players can then log in how many times they want for a day. Next day same thing. I don’t see anything bad or hateful against ads if it gives the game terms “free to play”
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 2,987 ★★★★★
    raffster said:

    Those who call out every offer as "greedy" could be:
    1. Someone who has no understanding of how a business works,
    2. Envious of those who can spend,
    3. Players who simply could not improve their skills no matter what they do AND have no money to spend to progress
    4. Those who believe Kabam is a charity organization responsible for handling out dole outs to players who don't want to put the time, effort and money to improve.

    It's not my fault I am poor now if only I actually could win some bets smh
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    I don't think the disdain is against spending money but against some of Kabam's lolwut offers such as the $100 5* crystal.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 2,987 ★★★★★
    Well guess someone didn't get that I was joking
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★

    Well guess someone didn't get that I was joking

    Jokes, facetious, satire, sarcasm, puns and sardonicism are usually lost on the incredibly apt and intelligent people on this forum albeit the core posters.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 2,987 ★★★★★
    Aryl said:

    Well guess someone didn't get that I was joking

    Jokes, facetious, satire, sarcasm, puns and sardonicism are usually lost on the incredibly apt and intelligent people on this forum albeit the core posters.
    It would seem that based upon the formal words you have structured together your intellect appears to transcend that of those around you.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 549 ★★
    #LetMCOCReleaseAdsVideo30SecondsLongForFreeToPlayTerm!
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★

    Aryl said:

    Well guess someone didn't get that I was joking

    Jokes, facetious, satire, sarcasm, puns and sardonicism are usually lost on the incredibly apt and intelligent people on this forum albeit the core posters.
    It would seem that based upon the formal words you have structured together your intellect appears to transcend that of those around you.
    I used to be a high school English teacher... yes, this redneck taught English.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 474 ★★
    edited December 2019
    raffster said:

    Those who call out every offer as "greedy" could be:
    1. Someone who has no understanding of how a business works,
    2. Envious of those who can spend,
    3. Players who simply could not improve their skills no matter what they do AND have no money to spend to progress
    4. Those who believe Kabam is a charity organization responsible for handling out dole outs to players who don't want to put the time, effort and money to improve.

    I think you are right in many respects. I also often hear arguments like it's not fair this and that. That's also something less naive people come to terms with. Thing are rarely fair, and that's ok.

    I sometimes think I fall into category 3 here, although I try not to complain to much about it. I can sometimes feel I have reached the level of skill I can muster, so ranking up champs is the only way for me to be able to progress further. Of course I can still learn a few more tricks, but there's always a margin of error in my skill, that means some unforgiving nodes will cause me to have to spend because I simply cannot manage to put up perfect fights without messing something up slightly.

  • Daddrieda said:

    There are many games that use ads system. It’s pretty much simple as you think, just log in and the company plays a video game ads for 30 seconds once a day. That in combination with millions of players that log in regularly and that’s a lot of cash anyway. After 30 seconds video game ads or picture ads that show up once a day per log in then the players can then log in how many times they want for a day. Next day same thing. I don’t see anything bad or hateful against ads if it gives the game terms “free to play”

    I'd rather have offers than ads
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,122 ★★★
    Daddrieda said:

    #LetMCOCReleaseAdsVideo30SecondsLongForFreeToPlayTerm!

    Oh good gawd, no!!! :(

    I play this game BECAUSE it has no ads ...
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 549 ★★
    Guys.... it’s 30 seconds or less... compared that you get to spend lots in the game
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 1,836 ★★★★
    I agree with you, some offers are stupid! Some offers are good. Not all offers tailor to everyone. Some offers tailor to a lot. Hard to please all. Somethings are straight pay to win, some are easy and just don’t need pay to win. In the end these games tailor to the payers because it’s a business and need to pay for salaries, development, rights, rent and utilities. Just like all other businesses. Disagree all you like it’s true. Disagreeing with the OPs post is Childish lol
Sign In or Register to comment.