**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Concerns about the updated 5* crystals.

DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
@Kabam Miike As we know, Mordo is going to be added to the basic 5* crystal. This will be a problem in AW, since Mordo is considered a "god-tier" war defender. Meaning, if we have mordo everywhere in AW especially in the high tiers we will either need to:

1. Nerf Mordo (however, not everyone in the community will be satisfied if this happens but its for the good of alliance war in the future).

Or

2. Nerf some nodes in AW

Comments

• ADDZZADDZZ Posts: 71
    He's really not that good. He hits like a fairy meaning you can block and bait him into a heavy. Nerfing him would put him in iron patriots class.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Mordo is easy to fight. Parry and attack as stun wears off and power control champs finish him off easily
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    ADDZZ wrote: »
    He's really not that good. He hits like a fairy meaning you can block and bait him into a heavy. Nerfing him would put him in iron patriots class.

Wrong. His heavies gain him fury increasing his attack. Meaning after baiting a heavy, he's gonna hit like a truck.
    edited May 2017
    Bump

• Ronin2020Ronin2020 Posts: 4
    Just use drax against mordo.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Ronin2020 wrote: »
    Just use drax against mordo.

To feed his MD with your furies , very clever mate! Lmao
  • AdzomaticAdzomatic Posts: 66
    Just fix Dexterity triggers of MD and Mordo like all other Mystic Champs will be on an equal playing field to other champs in the game and thus less used as per this post

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/10743/#Comment_10743
  • Dakine86Dakine86 Posts: 239
    Its just thorns nodes he sucks on since he negates the ability reduction.
  • Agent Venom cancels his astral ability - and you're good to go.
  • RoonKhanRoonKhan Posts: 40
    Use iceman and Please dont ask for nerf as he is so fun to fight with.
  • Fhap1234Fhap1234 Posts: 62
    Just do what I do. Block until he attempts a heavy or uses a special. It works every time because his hits are weak and by doing this, you won't trigger mystic dispersion. He usually attempts a heavy after 2-3 hits.
  • Nico010915Nico010915 Posts: 41
    I'm so sick of hearing people crying about nerfing champs. Why don't you work on your skills. Mordo is not a hard fight if you know how he moves. Why should all characters be equal? What would be the point of playing a game where everything is the same?
  • SpinoSpino Posts: 241
    One thing to know with Kabam:

God Tier attack : expect nerf.
    God Tier defense: don't expect nerf (unless, God Tier defender has a huge advantage also in attack)
    Nico010915 wrote: »
    I'm so sick of hearing people crying about nerfing champs. Why don't you work on your skills. Mordo is not a hard fight if you know how he moves. Why should all characters be equal? What would be the point of playing a game where everything is the same?

Im not saying that every champ should be the same. You're missing the point.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 5
    I also don't think Mordo is THAT hard. It is easier to have a bad fight against him than most others but most of the time he is ok to deal with. His sp2 is easy to bait and evade.
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I also don't think Mordo is THAT hard. It is easier to have a bad fight against him than most others but most of the time he is ok to deal with. His sp2 is easy to bait and evade.

Thanks for the insight. I think the nodes in AW are the problem, not mordo
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    No offense, but only because you can't fight against a certain enemy it doesn't mean they need to nerf him. Mordo's a good defender, but there are worse ones. Magik/Jugg under MD, Stun immune heavy evaders are way more annoying to fight. Mordo is tricky because you need to change your usual fighting style, but it's manageable once you get used to.