**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What do you think is the single toughest fight in the game???

After recently beginning my full run through of 6.2 I realized that I absolutely HATE the champion boss fight. Not because of the power stone though. Because of some of the links that are left up while you explore the chapter. The absolute worst one for me was no retreat. Having that link node up on top of all the other abilities and weird quirks of the champion boss in 6.2 made it the worst fight ive done in game so far. Even harder than the stupid collector and maestro! What are your thoughts and what are some of your toughest fights in game?

Comments

• Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    Acid wash mysterio!
  • NeonoctisNeonoctis Posts: 118
    @Destroy4589 oh yea thats a tough one too! for sure!
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I'd say The Collector. Not to say the Champion is an easy fight either. I just think that for where your rosters and skills are gonna be at that point, it'll be a little harder. I'm sure I'll change my mind once we see The Grandmaster in action though.
    ohhh yea the abyss boss and the 6.4 boss fights are going to be a MAJOR pain. that final phase of the grand master 6.4 boss sounds like it's going to be a nightmare.
    1% bug? what do you mean @RiderofHell
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Etjama said:

I'd say The Collector. Not to say the Champion is an easy fight either. I just think that for where your rosters and skills are gonna be at that point, it'll be a little harder. I'm sure I'll change my mind once we see The Grandmaster in action though.

I'm gonna have to disagree
    Imho, the collector can pretty easily be done with high burst dmg champs and five or so revives
    The champion is more skill based and can be soloed with a butt load of skill
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Neonoctis said:

It’s a belief that the AI is always left with 1% health when they should have died instead
    yea man that champion fight sucks. the initial completion run wasn't too bad but all those stupid nodes they add on top of it make it awful!
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Problems Connecting to Network
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★

Neonoctis said:

It’s a belief that the AI is always left with 1% health when they should have died instead
    Yup and guess what that happened to me when fighting nova -_-
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    The Champion fight was absolutely horrible. I can't imagine fighting him with linked nodes. Granted after fighting him already I've learned quite a bit about the timing but not in a hurry to get exploration done.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    The champion fight was way better than the collector fight.
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    Whose worse LOL maestro or 6.2.6 champion?
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    Mysterio from 6.3
    @TheToxicCactus i think champion is worse than maestro. maestro is really only difficult if you use tech champs and he gets the regen/ power gain you have to just stop which is a total BS mechanic.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I am not saying this is the toughest fight for all, but I am saying that the single-most annoying fights I've seen in years were the Caustic Temper path in Variant 4.

Just...man. I don't think very highly of that game design for the characters available and the defenders placed
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    Lol v4 caustic temper with magik or mordo. Thanks kabam love the awesome design
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    Kabam Randomized Node Generator, 😱
  • jammybstrdjammybstrd Posts: 36
    Having been through the champion 8 times to explore, I get why people are pointing to him but personally I find the 6.3 imiw and mysterious bosses to the hardest.

Imiw cus that last 15% requires the luck of the draw to get down, and you can waste lots of revives on it because of his reluctance to throw specials.

Mysterio cus u get barely any time to hit him between his use of sp1 and 2, because of his ridiculous attack, even through block, and because the falter mode makes it feel like you are fighting with a massive handicap.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    ESF said:

I am not saying this is the toughest fight for all, but I am saying that the single-most annoying fights I've seen in years were the Caustic Temper path in Variant 4.

Just...man. I don't think very highly of that game design for the characters available and the defenders placed

The magik fight is an absolute joke.

I didn't have 1* hulk or gamora, tried a couple of times with vision but could barely take 5% before death from limbo.
    Resorted to going with wolverine and doing as much damage as possible before limbo death.

Like you said, not a difficult fight but you will die a lot no matter how well you play.

Poor.