**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are a lot of champs overlooked, simply for not having big flashy yellow numbers?

SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
Based on what I’ve seen in this community, everyone seems to be more damage focused on every champ they rank up, and generally ignore the utility of the champ. Especially after seeing KT1’s vid on champion tier lists, I realized a lot of people in the community trash on a champ simply because they lack some damage compared to champions like ghost or corvus. It seems like everyone has set a standard of comparison to the top tier hitters, and if they aren’t met, people are generally disappointed. Thoughts on this?

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

@Lvernon15 I think that’s more initial disappointment. People always expect every new champ to be the next ghost, and having that standard is going to lead to disappointment. I remember all the hate BWCV got for not being that much of a hard hitter.

Initially yes, I think doom was the perfect example of this, people wanted him to be op, but because he wasn’t throwing 50k mediums people didn’t see him as great, but as people learn to play him and see the value of his abilities he’s now one of the most desired champs
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

Yes and no. Void is a god tier based on utility, not damage. But he has a high damage mode and degen damage to compensate.

Pure utility has a hard time. Look how Killmonger is underappreciated by some (*cough* Seatin *cough*) while he has incredible sustainability and utility.

Ghost Rider is the next one to have fallen out of grace.

I think the people who makes the list are too end-game players to objectively decide which champions are best. Not everybody has the necessary skill or roster to use certain champions.

Ghost rider doesnt have as much utility as you think. Hes a good champ but hes been left behind by other champs. Tons of mystics can permanently shut down buffs throughout the fight but he cant despite him being a mystic champ. His heal can also be used once practically(unless you use your sp3 but then why are you using ghost rider for such a long fight)
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 508 ★★★
    I totally think this is true. People focus on the best ones and don’t care about any mid tier champs.

I awakened and R4’d my Sinister. People on global made fun of me for it because “he sucks.” I don’t regret that decision at all. The guy has come in so clutch in so many situations and has been useful. He takes certain fights to get really good damage, but I am glad I did it.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Ive built my roster to have both damage dealers and utility champs, and some are both. I made sure I have champs immune to anything you can be immune to, so Rulk, Vision, Warlock, Gulk, Ghost, BWCV, Corvus, Doom, Void, Thing etc are all at top of my roster. If those only Vision is a poor damage dealer.

And if someone thinks BWCV can’t do damage, you might be using her wrong.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    I personally feel as you progress you yourself decide that you need certain set of champs in order to clear the content based on utilities. You can’t just keep ranking high damage dealers
    E.g I have hyperion and Medusa both duped but I took only hyperion to 5/65 because i found him more useful than her (but at the same time both of them are equally good damage dealer. What plus point on hyperion is he doesn’t need synergies to ramp up damage)

Before taking a champ’s rank up I consider following in descending order
    1. He/She must be good to use solo i.e non-reliant on synergies much e.g Void/Stark/Hyperion etc
    2. The champ should have immunities e.g Emma/iceman
    3. Prestige (if in alliance )
    4. Synergies

But sometimes resources getting expired so have to update unwanted champs up
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Yes and no. Void is a god tier based on utility, not damage. But he has a high damage mode and degen damage to compensate.

Pure utility has a hard time. Look how Killmonger is underappreciated by some (*cough* Seatin *cough*) while he has incredible sustainability and utility.

I think the people who makes the list are too end-game players to objectively decide which champions are best. Not everybody has the necessary skill or roster to use certain champions.

Ghost rider doesnt have as much utility as you think. Hes a good champ but hes been left behind by other champs. Tons of mystics can permanently shut down buffs throughout the fight but he cant despite him being a mystic champ. His heal can also be used once practically(unless you use your sp3 but then why are you using ghost rider for such a long fight)
    Ghost Rider is a swiss army knife: he can nullify/fate seal, he can heal, he can power drain/lock, he has burst damage, he has DoT damage, bleed immunity, but nothing really good. But when played well, he can get you far.

He does have decent new synergies recently: NT, Darkhawk, BWCV, probably some more.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

Ghost Rider is a swiss army knife: he can nullify/fate seal, he can heal, he can power drain/lock, he has burst damage, he has DoT damage, bleed immunity, but nothing really good. But when played well, he can get you far.

He does have decent new synergies recently: NT, Darkhawk, BWCV, probably some more.
    I am not denying that hes a decent champ. All I am saying is that hes not as good as what he used to be. The game has changed a lot since then and there are other champs that does what he does but soo much better. He has alright utility but not on the same level as killmonger that still has a fairly unique utility.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

I totally think this is true. People focus on the best ones and don’t care about any mid tier champs.

I awakened and R4’d my Sinister. People on global made fun of me for it because “he sucks.” I don’t regret that decision at all. The guy has come in so clutch in so many situations and has been useful. He takes certain fights to get really good damage, but I am glad I did it.

um I know Sinister is an okay champ with his debuff transfers, and class advantages but did you have anybetter options
  • StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★
    I think damage is the best utility. Obviously a champ that has it all, damage, immunities, AAR etc. is optimal but the very most important thing is to kill the opponent as quickly as possible. The longer it takes, the more space for mistakes and block damage etc.

Burst damage champions can often take down fights even when they're lacking the specific utility. It's like they are a "guarantee" of progress.
    They may sometimes take a few revives but as long as you manage to burst, you progress. Champs that solely depend on utility can't really provide that sort of secure progress and even though they can handle the specific champ or node it sometimes doesn't matter since they don't manage to kill effectively.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 508 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    Not really. I could have held on to the gem, but if I was going to rank him up he needs awakened. Not that I’m impatient, but it could be years until I get a better option. So I decided to not wait and to get a War defender and a good questing champ.

People can hate on him, but his special 2 concussion and stun have come in real handy. The debuff transfer is really handy to have. And if you get him 3 cosmic kills and 3 skill kills he has some pretty good damage.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    corvus has a crit rate of 0.00%....... LOL
    does that count???