**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What do you think is the single toughest fight in the game???

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mhd20034Mhd20034 Posts: 159
    Fabwizi said:

Soon to come in near future, Do you bleed node with sentinal, haha super fun

Nah the fight should be beatable so they will add omega red instead
  • Options
    IRQIRQ Posts: 305 ★★
    Frankly, everything with highest level AI is a pain in the ass at least, unbeatable at the worst due to minimal input lag.

It is supposed to be hard, I get it. But stuff like getting attacked instantly after lowering block with no possibility of defense, opponent closing the gap with dash twice the lenght of what player can do at once or being chain floored because of one-tick-charge time of enemy heavy attack is too much of an overkill.

Feel free to hit me with "git gud" if you have any strat for anything listed above though.
  • Options
    SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    AOL korg i called it
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Ask us tomorrow when AOL comes out :neutral:
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Corvus vs Maw

Pretty much impossible, but he has one hit that wont miss
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

I'd say The Collector. Not to say the Champion is an easy fight either. I just think that for where your rosters and skills are gonna be at that point, it'll be a little harder. I'm sure I'll change my mind once we see The Grandmaster in action though.

I'm gonna have to disagree
    Imho, the collector can pretty easily be done with high burst dmg champs and five or so revives
    The champion is more skill based and can be soloed with a butt load of skill
    @Thicco_Mode, that's why I personally feel the Collector is a harder fight. If you have skills and the right champion, you can take down The Champion with no revives. Skills and the right champion aren't going to o guarantee you anything with The Collector. 99.99% of the time, you're not gonna one-shot him. That's why there are so many more Champion boss solos out there than Collector boss solos and why I think the Collectors harder. To each his own I guess.
  • Options
    OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

I'd say The Collector. Not to say the Champion is an easy fight either. I just think that for where your rosters and skills are gonna be at that point, it'll be a little harder. I'm sure I'll change my mind once we see The Grandmaster in action though.

Imho, the collector can pretty easily be done with high burst dmg champs and five or so revives
    @Thicco_Mode, that's why I personally feel the Collector is a harder fight. If you have skills and the right champion, you can take down The Champion with no revives. Skills and the right champion aren't going to o guarantee you anything with The Collector. 99.99% of the time, you're not gonna one-shot him. That's why there are so many more Champion boss solos out there than Collector boss solos and why I think the Collectors harder. To each his own I guess.
    I can see where you're coming from, but I'm not sure you're using the best metric for evaluating the 'toughest' fight.

Sure, there are more videos out there of Champion solos. But that's mostly because the Champion fight requires you to adopt and refine a particular technique, which you then need to sustain until you get rid of his indestructible charges. In comparison, the Collector fight requires little more than throwing your champs at him until you wear him down via a battle of attrition.

Consequently, the majority of the people out there who are capable of soloing both the Collector and the Champion will be focused on perfecting their technique against the latter, resulting in more videos of Champion solos. Hope that makes sense? Essentially what I'm trying to say is that you're basing your evaluation on a skewed metric.
  • Options
    As others have already mentioned, I think at the current state of the game, the Champion with the No Retreat linked node takes the crown.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

I can see where you're coming from, but I'm not sure you're using the best metric for evaluating the 'toughest' fight.

Sure, there are more videos out there of Champion solos. But that's mostly because the Champion fight requires you to adopt and refine a particular technique, which you then need to sustain until you get rid of his indestructible charges. In comparison, the Collector fight requires little more than throwing your champs at him until you wear him down via a battle of attrition.

Consequently, the majority of the people out there who are capable of soloing both the Collector and the Champion will be focused on perfecting their technique against the latter, resulting in more videos of Champion solos. Hope that makes sense? Essentially what I'm trying to say is that you're basing your evaluation on a skewed metric.
    I'm not as much thinking about how many solos there are as I'm thinking that even if you have the best possible counter and make the best possible decisions and don't make any mistakes, chances are you're still going to lose to the Collector. If I'm not mistaken, he's the only fight in the game where perfect gameplay and the best counters still won't result in a win as often as it does. That's my reasoning.
  • Options
    Champ123Champ123 Posts: 24
    6.2.6 no retreat champion! Last 10% is insane unless you have the right counter
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

I'm not as much thinking about how many solos there are as I'm thinking that even if you have the best possible counter and make the best possible decisions and don't make any mistakes, chances are you're still going to lose to the Collector. If I'm not mistaken, he's the only fight in the game where perfect gameplay and the best counters still won't result in a win as often as it does. That's my reasoning.
    But at the end of the day, it’s a fight you can push through with revives and/or units. You don’t need specific champs and refined techniques as much as you do in the No Retreat Champion fight.

I can respect your reasoning, but I still maintain that this particular fight is much tougher due to the fact that it holds such specific requirements in terms of both roster and skill, and doesn’t offer a ‘cheap’ route through via revives/units.

Hoping this doesn’t come across as sarcastic, but I’d be curious to hear your thoughts after you’ve gone a couple rounds against the NR Champion.