Options

My first 5 Star to Rank 5

I want the best overall option for all aspects of the game. I was leaning towards Venom the Duck for his utility but Aegon has been really opening my eyes to his usefulness. Aegon’s ramp up is somewhat troublesome for me while SE Spidey can bring instant damage but lacks the utility of Aegon or VtD.

Commentary is appreciated.

My first 5 Star to Rank 5 27 votes

Unawakened Venom the Duck
0%
Awakened Aegon (150 signature levels)
96%
PantherusNZDOKTOROKTOPUSSlashingSunsetBrokenTheHeroDeservedMoosetiptronicStarKillerVIIKevanproGEtjamaAngusMac279Lucasjones_98PerceptronSynq_SpawnzyyMorbidAngleBonzodavidLegendary_PoeyPricelessiAmMoushiOctoberstackFabwizi 26 votes
Unawakened SE Spidey
3%
DarkMalachi2 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    PerceptronPerceptron Posts: 169
    is there any question?
  • Options
    Nightbat216Nightbat216 Posts: 195
    Dude this is like asking if you should rank ghost or iron Patriot lol
  • Options
    Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,083 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    Ok... so I ranked up Aegon. I honestly didn’t know how foolish my question sounded but for the sake of posterity for another person in a similar situation... I’ll just say this: I have no regrets about ranking up Aegon. The MCOC community is right - he’s just a different type of champ.
    If you’re hesitant like I was about ramping up his combo and the roster space problem with adding Heimdall/Thor (or Loki) to the team for regeneration and the Cheat Death mechanic, I can tell you this much: it doesn’t take more than 50 hits for Aegon to be very good. And, at 100 hits, he’s already top tier. But, here’s the real thing that I didn’t quite realize, when you have the Heimdall synergy, it basically gives you a great last chance to kill your opponent because of the 6 fury buffs that are added on when the opponent attacks you. Once you have a decent combo for Aegon, these fury buffs enable Aegon to hit like a truck. Seriously, I was hitting over 100,000 for a simple 6 hit combo with the buffs (which is just unbelievable to me). It’s already helped me get through content so much more quickly. @Seatin has a great recent video on utilizing Aegon even further with the Angela/Hela synergy.
    So, in conclusion, does Aegon require other champion synergies to reach his questing potential? For me, the answer is yes (I’m a moderately skilled player). However, Aegon is a unique champion where I can complete a whole final chapter on Uncollected EQ with just using him (something I’ve never been able to previously do). So, if you are like me and you have similar concerns, trust the MCOC community - Aegon is awesome and worthy of your first Rank 5.

Thanks to all that voted.