**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Please ADD a DELETE option in forum posts

007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
Please do this. Sometimes it gets difficult. Everyone try thier best to avoid misunderstanding or misconceptions.
Everyone has different kind of views.
Yes, admins can close a post but sometimes it takes time and it is better to just delete something if it makes some odd point even not intentionally.
Please consider adding a direct delete option for forum posts.

Comments

• Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Only mods can delete
    If people have the ability to delete posts/comments, then bullying can occur.
    Not my words. Kabams actually.
  • Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    I think he means deleting your own post. And I completely agree.
  • Options
    Stewman said:

Yeah, if you started it and want to end it, that seems fair. I wouldn't condone giving any single average forum member the power to delete other's comments in a thread. However, the ability to just say 'You know what, my bad, this ain't worth it' in the forum of closing a thread you yourself started... that seems fair. Especially when things get out of hand. I can also see why some wouldn't want such, but when you know deep down the thread has reached a level of toxicity you never intended, it would be nice to have the power to shut down something you started.

In such a case, the mods would likely do so anyway so perhaps it would lighten the load as it were. If those who have the shall we say 'presence of mind' to see that things are going WAY off the rails due to a conversation they themselves created; if they were given the option to simply delete their creation, it might be a good thing. Again, I can see why some may not want this though. Tis a double edge sword here. One that could be wielded in the wrong fashion by some. I guess the old saying is true in this case, 'this is why we can't have nice things' 😂.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Stewman said:

Yup
    Absolutely. own post. If someone post something with clean intention. And yet sometimes things can go out of hand.

Ex. Posted happy birthday for stan lee. Got 2 disagree. And well. It was more of hilarious side than feeling bad. I mean people have thier own view. This is a light example.

But sometimes posts gets out of your own hand. U had no intention to go there.
    But well. Admins do a good job closing threads etc. But sometimes they take time and in that time unnecessary toxic side started to flood the notification box.
    That's why adding a delete option to the original post which started the thread would be a nice help for everyone i think.

I know KABAM wants to keep everyone's record of posting and talking about stuff in check.
    If not delete then may be add 'close thread'
    Option. Admins can. It takes time sometimes. Self aware people will just understand this is going out of hand. So let's stop it. That's all.
  • Options

Stewman said:

Yeah, if you started it and want to end it, that seems fair. I wouldn't condone giving any single average forum member the power to delete other's comments in a thread. However, the ability to just say 'You know what, my bad, this ain't worth it' in the forum of closing a thread you yourself started... that seems fair. Especially when things get out of hand. I can also see why some wouldn't want such, but when you know deep down the thread has reached a level of toxicity you never intended, it would be nice to have the power to shut down something you started.

In such a case, the mods would likely do so anyway so perhaps it would lighten the load as it were. If those who have the shall we say 'presence of mind' to see that things are going WAY off the rails due to a conversation they themselves created; if they were given the option to simply delete their creation, it might be a good thing. Again, I can see why some may not want this though. Tis a double edge sword here. One that could be wielded in the wrong fashion by some. I guess the old saying is true in this case, 'this is why we can't have nice things' 😂.
    Yup. Agree. :)