**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I'm really not so sure how 6*s would help at all if 5*s are already so hard to get as it is.

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
I'm imagining that I'm part of any of the top MCOC alliances in the world right now, and I feel that I'm really going to be upset about the introduction of 6* heroes. Sure it's a step up the 5*s, yeah? As it stands, the TOP PLAYER in the world, GencerM of MMXIV alliance doesn't even have a single Rank 5 5* champ. So where does it leave the rest of us non top tier players? If the world's very best have not even reached rank 5 on their 5* champ what's the hope of even getting to rank 5 for the rest of us?

From the General Discussion: "They will however be most readily available to players that are already pushing the boundaries of their achievements within The Contest - whether that is by grinding heavily, being a long term player, being a high performing player, or a player that dominates competitive modes within The Contest. "

How can that kind of declaration be made when none of the top players have reached rank 5 on their 5*s? It just doesn't make any sense at all. I can imagine if there are at least 30% of the entire MCOC community who already maxed out all their 5*s then that kind of declaration would make sense.

I have played this game just exactly a year ago this week and I have yet to dupe one of my 7 five stars. And how often and how expensive are Kabam's deals for 5* awakening gems? They're not even generic. I believe the last one for US$100 would get you a random 5* awakening class specific gem. Let's not even talk about how much Tier 2 Alpha deal costs. It costs more than my monthly 2 bedroom monthly rental.

Honestly the game is really quite okay as it is in as far as the types of champions are concerned. Introducing 6* champs is really more adding insult to injury because getting useful 5* champs, duping/awakening, ranking and leveling them is already a pain in the arse. If it will take approximately 1 whole year to get a 6* and another year to rank it up, I honestly don't see the value this will add to the game.

If the Kabam game team is really hoping to make this game more fun and exciting, why not
1. Allow an actual live player vs live player duels that will fetch higher rewards?
2. Make the duel skirmishes / duel events be more useful by compelling players to fight stronger opponents (give higher rewards if you fight someone more powerful than you are)
3. Make awakening gems be part of the rewards in the arena.
4. Make the ascendant crystal reward 9,000 tier 4 class catalyst fragments if it doesn't pull a fully formed T4CC. Drop the ISOs consolation prize.
5. Put a re-spin button that costs a reasonable unit amount of a player pulls a crappy champ he's duped at least 3x already. I will most likely hammer my iPhone to bits if I pull a 5* Khamala Khan 3*s in a row. (Please God, no).

These are just some top of mind suggestions. While the whole concept of 6* champs might be a good thing in the long, long, long term, I don't see how it will add value if the game will not shift its entire paradigm in how long it will take to get one.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Options
    Ketchup1791Ketchup1791 Posts: 114
    Live PvP would be awkward. No one would want to attack into each other because most people have great parry timing. It would be whoever parries first wins more than likely.

A re-spin button would be an awesome idea; especially for 4* and 5* crystals.
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Live PvP would be awkward. No one would want to attack into each other because most people have great parry timing. It would be whoever parries first wins more than likely.

A re-spin button would be an awesome idea; especially for 4* and 5* crystals.

Thanks for the feedback. I can imagine some kind of programming tuning can address the parry timing thing but since it's a fighting game, someone would have to attack eventually. Put a timer or something that can compel the live players to attack. I can imagine a live player vs live player option can really help blow off some steam when you are stressed. haha.
  • Options
    _solidsnake_solidsnake Posts: 133
    No one has R5 5*s at the moment because it is impossible to achieve. I believe they require T5Bs to rank up which don't exist