**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Was the AI Changed Recently?

HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
I'm not sure if it's me, but there are a lot of odd things that have happened in the past couple of days. Some of my experiences are:

- More frequent defender ability triggers: most notably, AQ Map 4 Angela was at 20% hp and did a couple of extremely fast double mediums (all critical hits) and killed my attacker out of nowhere; never happened to me before
- Countering forward dashes with light attacks: most notably, AQ Map 4 Rogue countered my CG's first medium twice in a row; never happened to me before
- Randomly and extremely passive or aggressive defenders: on a quest or map path, the defenders randomly vary from very aggressive to extremely passive; varying aggressiveness and passiveness isn't something new, but this time the scale of the variation is much larger
- Highly block proficient defenders: when doing a full combo into a special attack and I tap the sp button a fraction too early such that the medium gets interrupted, the AI instantly blocks the special attack; has happened before, but not as consistently as now
- Defender retaliation with a special attack in the middle of an attacker's full combo: this isn't new, but this shouldn't be possible if the player is tapping/swiping/executing the normal attacks in the proper tempo

I actually wish it was just me. Because I can correct any mistakes I may have missed noticing and avoid these things again. I'm Cavalier (spent less than 20 revives in Act 6.1) 9 months active, and an officer in my alliance - I know it's not exceptional or anywhere close to it. I just wanted to provide a reference to my skill level.

But if the AI stays this way indefinitely, the game will get A LOT less enjoyable, at least for me.

Comments

• PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    AQ AI is extremely passive (holds block /dashes back) and if you try to play offensively you risk being intercepted
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    edited February 2020
    The first few fights in arenas before I hit the infinite streak, I try to bait out their sps but all they do is just stand there not even holding block. A few seconds pass and as soon as i dash in they perfectly intercept me. Turns out Im not baiting them, theyre baiting me!

• ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    The game has seemed slightly glitchy for the last 2-3 days. A few guys in my alliance have had some problems, nothing major, just some lag and inconsistent combat speed.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Seems like every other update or so the AI changes just slightly. Sometimes it takes a while to notice or having someone point it out, other times it pretty noticable. Just something to be aware of after an update. That launching specials while hitting their block is supposed to be a bug they're working on if I understand correctly.
  • Duck_of_DoomDuck_of_Doom Posts: 171
    Here we go....