**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Prestige rank ups are really stupid

I’m not sure how people feel about prestige in general, but I think it’s stupid as hell. I’ve seen people simply not rank up champs they enjoy playing because their prestige is too low. The fact that people rank up champs they don’t even enjoy or want to take up at all for prestige is something that still confuses me. I’m sure most of the leaderboard rank ups of Phoenix, Thor rags, and other champs are simply because their prestige surpasses other champs. What’s your opinion on these?

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    If you want to stay in the top allies, prestige rankups are a must. Personally I feel it's a curse, but if you want to be up there, it's a sacrifice that has to be made. This is why I'm in a Ally which isn't super serious about prestige. I'm sitting happily at 6.2k without any "prestige" ranks
  • NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★
    prestige is important to keep the game at top levels competitive instead of everyone getting the same point totals. also adds another reason to rank or not rank a champion and not just be able to get away with like r4 champs in high allies.
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    My opinion is that this has been around since alliances started. Don't get too worked up about it. It's only really for the top boys to think about. I remember a time when MMXIV pretty much all ranked up Rocket Raccoon... He had prestige back then. It dates back to the days when t4c crystals were awarded as aq rewards when they were as rare as hens teeth. If you don't play map 6/7 rank who you want. And if your leadership tells you who to rank... leave.
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    As the game progresses, newer champs get higher prestige, so someone can’t be put in an alliance because their prestige is high and not work to get newer champs.This prevents ghost alliances where you have a completely dead alliance sitting at the top of the leaderboard for prestige preventing others to grow.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Prestige rankups are necessary for players in top alliances. They get the most resources and can spare ranking champs for prestige
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Prestige ONLY becomes important for AQ scoring. If you aren't in an alliance that focuses on AQ, then prestige isn't necessary. But the higher you go, you'll find it will eventually become a factor.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I’ve managed 10.1k without any prestige rank ups. But I’m not in an alliance that requires rank ups just for prestige. We require 9400-9500. Which isn’t hard to do with even middle of the pack prestige champs.
  • Soar2878Soar2878 Posts: 143 ★★
    edited February 2020
    You really only need a max 5 star Silver Surfer or Dr. Doom to boost prestige for the next 4 guys.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    You’ll rank up those types of champs if your serious about getting into the best weekly AQ rewards/alliances. If the rest of your ally isn’t serious about that they you shouldn’t be either. The benefit is obviously that you get way way more rank up resources for the champs you enjoy playing too. But again you shouldn’t be blowing your resources of those type of champs if the rest of your squad isn’t doing the same.