**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Hood or Morningstar to R4?

I have a R3-R4 mystic rank up gem and am debating between these two for it. Both are awakened at sig 60. I am good with both but might favor Morningstar on their own. I have much better synergy partners for Act 6 for Hood though. Would likely use him all the time with my R4 Ghost.

The Hood or Morningstar to R4? 39 votes

Hood
41%
AjisdopeNEO_mr_AndersonKnorr7227HendrossJack_OHaraPeterQuillDRTOColonaut123MoudouRockypantherxPrezRio4AlexAvalonFabwizilowlevelplayerTheToxicCactusStevenfan2 16 votes
Morningstar
58%
PantherusNZLvernon15OnmixBlubfish_666Austin555555MoosetiptronicJohn757TheSquish671CASrinivasBatman1903EtjamaDead1AngusMac279dot_dittoTotalMonster109Thicco_Modepanda_mcocZakrw_317awesomesauceAgentk 23 votes

Comments

• typghtypgh Posts: 79
    Thanks for votes, but any opinions?
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    Hood
    Hood is more of a swiss army knife champ. He is useful in more content than MS, imho.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    edited February 2020
    Morningstar
    Don't underestimate morningstar.

- bleed immune
    - power gain with heavy attacks
    - unblockable sp2 with 3+ persistant charges.
    - sp2 nullifies ALL buffs . AND does extra damage for each nullified. (my 4* MS did over 50k to poor War machine in Act 4 ... the one that starts with 100 armor ups or something .. can't remember precisely where he was .. LOL )
    - life steal (ie not via buff) with 5 persistant charges.
    - sp1 hit like a truck.
    - start with 1 bar of power (synergy with Mephisto)
    - increase buff durations (synergy with Magik)
    - reduces effectiveness of opponents fury, regen and power gain.
    - gains fury, regen and power gain if opponent gains one.

Last 2 together means,
    vs Wolverine, you heal better than he does.
    vs Hyperion, you gain power faster than he does
    vs fury champs (ie She hulk), you hit harder than they do.

plus, if you have your sp2, slam them with it and do extra dmg, but keep your copy of the buff.

I have both Hood and Morningstar ...

If you have Ghost, rank Hood up .. you'll use him more.
    Otherwise, unless you already have some really good Mystics (ie Doom, Symbiote Supreme, etc.), take Morningstar up .. you won't regret it ;)
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Hood
    dot_ditto said:

Otherwise, unless you already have some really good Mystics (ie Doom, Symbiote Supreme, etc.), take Morningstar up .. you won't regret it ;)

OP says he has a R4 ghost that he uses
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    Hood
    Hood is surprisingly pretty good against 6.2 champion but morningstar can help exploration for 6.1.5 xbones
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Morningstar

dot_ditto said:

OP says he has a R4 ghost that he uses
    Missed that .. definitely go with Hood then!
    :)
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Morningstar
    Definitely Morningstar. If she is awakened she’s even better and can do a big chunk of damage with her SP1 if she has 5 souls. SP2 destroys buffed opponents, and she can be used for a lot of content.
  • typghtypgh Posts: 79
    Thanks for all the opinions. The vote is right down the middle, not making it easier lol.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Hood
    Just made the same decision myself. Went with Hood for my R5 Ghost. Enjoying him so far. Not a massive hitter but it’s not bad either and his utility is great
  • PrentexPrentex Posts: 297
    I would eventually rank both. As for the priority i''d say it depends on what content you plan to do next. As others said Hood works fine against Champion boss in 6.2.6, also you use him for ghost synergy.
    If there is content you want to do first that suits Morningstar better, rank up her at first.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Hood
    I would pick Hood above MS. MS hits like a noodle on her basics, her SP2 needs buff to hit hard and getting charges are a pain in short to medium fights. The Hood as all sort of things: invisibility, stagger, fate seal, AAR, shock, power steal. He will be better on the long term.
  • AngusMac279AngusMac279 Posts: 119
    Morningstar
    Hood is kinda overrated and is pretty much a booster for ghost. I have both champs.

If ms is not awakened, don’t rank her. She is way to slow to play with.

I had unawakened Morningstar ant 4/55, barely used her. I recently awakened her and she is an aq beast. Ramping up to 5 isn’t even that bad.