**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should the cost of leveling a 4* be nerfed?

Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
I'm curious of the communities thoughts on this.... With the looming introduction of 6* champs, and R5ing a 5* costing so many t4CC (I believe it's 6?), how is ranking a 4* worth it anymore?

I'm not sure how long it takes others to gather enough t4cc to rank a champ, but I recently had to wait 6 weeks to get 1.5 Skill t4cc to rank my 4* gwenpool. My alliance currently ranks in the top 1000-1200 in AQ weekly so I am sure it takes others much, much longer to gather those same cats.

That being said... why should anyone rank a 4* anymore? Why should we grind the game for weeks/months to rank a champ that will be relatively useless in a few months? What's the point of it?

My suggestion is 1 of 2 things... Option 1) Nerf the cost of rankng a 4* champ from R4 to R5.... bring the t4cc cost down from 3 to 1, but leave the t4b cost the same (kabam has been very generous with t4b since the glory store was released). Option 2) Make t4cc much easier to obtain. Kabam did this with t4b, so its not impossible... but this would probably result in people ignoring those 4* and just using them on 5* and 6* champs. I personally believe option 1 is much more realistic and fair to the entire community.

Thoughts?

Comments

• TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    No thanks I will take option 2

Why just let the 4* have an edge those resources are better for 5*s
  • No thanks I will take option 2

Because there would be absolutely no incentive to rank a 4* if t4cc was just easier to get. Once you finish act 4 you would never need to rank a 4* again... nerfing the cost of it would encourage a lot more ranking.. I know I would rank a ton of 4* if the cost was less.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Nah keep it the way it is
  • Imac7065 wrote: »
    No thanks I will take option 2

Because there would be absolutely no incentive to rank a 4* if t4cc was just easier to get. Once you finish act 4 you would never need to rank a 4* again... nerfing the cost of it would encourage a lot more ranking.. I know I would rank a ton of 4* if the cost was less.

I still rank my 4* because my 5* are garbage tier and good ones aren't duped or I lack the specific t4cc s

If you were getting a 5* every week or once every 2 weeks.. would you keep ranking those 4*? In a few months that is what is coming and that's what I am referring to. Your 4* will be nothing but arena bodies (like 3* are now).
  • Appleisgod wrote: »

Can you elaborate on why you feel this way?
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    edited September 2017
    It won't take simply a few months to remove 4* as core parts of a summoner's rooster

I can still play with my r4 spidergwen better than a 5* IP.

Having more 5* shards doesn't necessarily mean we get good champs which can be used for end game content. Atleast with some actually useful 4* and a little bit of skill it is possible to complete the hard content albiet it will take some revives.

But its better that way than hoping for something way outta my reach

P.S. this is fully my opinion not speaking on anyone else's behalf
    P.S.S. my 5* luck is very bad anyway
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Funny, other than the addition of T4B to the glory store a few months ago, I have not seen any increase in T4B. I feel like a lot of us in our alliance prefer increased T4B to match the increase in T4C. We have way too much T4C, we can hardly use it all. I would say T4B needs to be increased before T4C.
  • It won't take simply a few months to remove 4* as core parts of a summoner's rooster

I can still play with my r4 spidergwen better than a 5* IP.

Having more 5* shards doesn't necessarily mean we get good champs which can be used for end game content. Atleast with some actually useful 4* and a little bit of skill it is possible to complete the hard content albiet it will take some revives.

But its better that way than hoping for something way outta my reach

P.S. this is fully my opinion not speaking on anyone else's behalf
    P.S.S. my 5* luck is very bad anyway

You could also use a 3* voodoo more than a 4* IP or Spider Gwen.. that's not the point lol... 4* will be what 3* are now in a few months... and the cost of leveling them will still be very high and take a lot of time.
  • Viper1987 wrote: »
    Funny, other than the addition of T4B to the glory store a few months ago, I have not seen any increase in T4B. I feel like a lot of us in our alliance prefer increased T4B to match the increase in T4C. We have way too much T4C, we can hardly use it all. I would say T4B needs to be increased before T4C.

You can get 2.5-3 t4b per week fairly easily right now. You are lucky if you get more than .5 of a t4cc in that same week (usually spread over different classes)
  • EdenrrificEdenrrific Posts: 57
    I have expiring t4cc in all classes except mystic. So I dont want reduced cost in that area. but 5 t4b for one almost useless rank 5 4* is way too steep
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    Viper1987 wrote: »

You can get 2.5-3 t4b per week fairly easily right now. You are lucky if you get more than .5 of a t4cc in that same week (usually spread over different classes)

I guess it depends on where you rank in AQ. You can get ~3 T4B every 8-9 days. That's roughly 10 a month from AQ, arena, and glory store. 1 1/2 for heroic and master if you complete both. Yeah, maybe 12ish seems like a lot, but it goes faster than you think. T4C we tend to get about 2-3 per AQ. If you're really lucky, I've seen people pull 3-5 just in map crystals, then get 1 for top 300 (or 2 if you're top 15). T4C accumulates a lot faster. If you got 10 T4C and 12 T4B a month, you're using ~5/6 T4B and 3 T4C to rank up a champ to 5/50 or 3/45. If you have the T1A, you can rank another champ, so another 5/6 T4B and 3 T4C. That still leaves 4 T4C in your inventory. That increases week after week. Then you add a LoL run and you get 3 of each class and NO T4B (don't know who thought of that one). Plus you have your Drax/Webslinger challenges along with story quests and the T4C add up even more. T4C has been overwhelming and T4B has been underwhelming in my and our alliance's experiences. I'm not complaining one way or another, I am just simply saying they increased the availability of T4C but didn't really bump up the availability of T4B in my experience.
  • Noway for That, because in that case all players tanker before need return The t4c ..
  • I havé 79 t4c crystals unopened...kabam just Five me brunch ouf t5b And t1a to use them...
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    4* should go down to 2 t4b for r4 and 4 t4b for r5. Rankup cost can stay the same, since it is already cheaper than a 5*.
  • T4cc are way to hard to get unless you spend money or are in a high tier alliance
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    yes
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    I'm not a fan of this idea. I understand the need for progression but personally I'm wary of changes to game mechanics that devalue established in-game economics. And I'm really disappointed to hear all of this talk of 4*'s being straight garbage (although it is a very real concern I share). I worked so hard for my roster I don't even want to think about it. I certainly hope Kabam doesn't just start showering the community with 5* everything. What's the point of that? For the summoners who are playing at that level and obtaining those assets then great. If you are swimming in T4C then great. But I'm not and I don't want to play this game every breathing minute to achieve it. But there should be something for every level. From the beginners to the grinders to the casual players to the end gamers.

For me it's fun factor. Am I having fun? That's it. Duped champs are more fun to play than unduped champs. Playing with my favorite Marvel characters is more fun than playing with some "god-tier" champ I don't like because that's what everyone says I need to use (unless said character is just poorly designed). 4* are challenging to acquire, awaken and rank up but not stupid hard challenging. Even so I worked for these 4* champs and I want to use them. If the content gets too hard then so be it. Less playing for me. I'm not ranking my unduped 5* Groot just because he's a 5*. I'm going to wait for a good pull. It takes me a long time to save up for a 5*. I can't even imagine how long it would take for a 6*?

But man I hope the day doesn't come when you can buy a "One Above All" crystal for 500 units and pull a guaranteed 5* with a rare chance of 6* and 7* so you can earn 8* shards. How ridiculous and yet not so implausible does that sound given this current business model and trend? I remember how hard it was to get my first 4* (months), let alone get even one champ to rank 5 (over a year) and to see how fast new guys are achieving this frustrates me. Our progress in the game was devalued because Kabam made things easier. I don't like this because it makes the whole game feel utterly pointless.

In my opinion the difficulty should stay the way it is. Don't make stuff that used to be hard easier just to keep everyone on the same damn treadmill. Sure introduce the stuff to keep the whales playing and challenged but don't just dismiss the rest of the community in the process. That's not healthy for the game. I'm in a retired alliance and we just had 2 guys rage quit for good this week. I'm not far behind. Kabam needs to think about their business model not from the perspective of how do we keep these folks on the never-ending hamster wheel but rather how fun is this game, how healthy is the playing community (at every level). Is that community growing or shrinking? Does it not only encourage new players to join but does it retain veteran players? Are people excited to play the game or is it pure slog and addiction?

Adding goal posts is one thing and understandable as the need for progression. But simply moving goal posts is another thing altogether. Frankly it is totally demoralizing and is what actually seems to be happening.
  • anyone else have any idea's or thoughts on this topic?
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    T4cc are way to hard to get unless you spend money or are in a high tier alliance

How long have you been playing and what is a "high tier alliance?" Once you are doing map 5 in aq 5 times a week, it doesn't take long to build up more t4ccs than u can do anything with. If you are newer to the game, you're right. T4ccs are impossible to get. But the reason for that is game profression. The lower tier allies have lower ranked members that have completed less content. It would be a disservice to you to give you tons of 4* r5 champs to beat easy content in the game. Your would become very frustrated when u then lack the skills to beat harder content (at least that's my view on it).
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    And one more point on that. I have seen a LOT of players who were decent pre-12.0 bc they got a scarlet witch or a Thor early in their playing career. They dominated everything with those two characters. After the nerf, they were terrible bc they never had to learn how to really fight
  • Run477 wrote: »
    T4cc are way to hard to get unless you spend money or are in a high tier alliance

How long have you been playing and what is a "high tier alliance?" Once you are doing map 5 in aq 5 times a week, it doesn't take long to build up more t4ccs than u can do anything with. If you are newer to the game, you're right. T4ccs are impossible to get. But the reason for that is game profression. The lower tier allies have lower ranked members that have completed less content. It would be a disservice to you to give you tons of 4* r5 champs to beat easy content in the game. Your would become very frustrated when u then lack the skills to beat harder content (at least that's my view on it).

This was actually brought up earlier in the thread... you can get 2-3 t4b per week if your ally lands in the expert bracket, but only average around .5-75 (with the new AQ daily rewards) of a T4CC every week.. and that is spread over 6 classes. I am in a decent tier ally (we place high enough to get 2 great glory weekly) and it took me 6 weeks to get 1.5 skill T4CC.

All that being said... do you think it should take 2-3 months to rank a champ that by the end of this year might very well be useless to game progression?
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    not reading this thread but

- t4cc are easy to get, t4b and t1a are the big hold up now.
    - costs should stay the same because that's progression. it would not be progressive to lower any costs.
    - top 1000-1200 isn't high enough to be an indicator of anything, other than anecdotal stories. there are other ways to obtain t4ccs for you to advance that don't require kabam to make any changes. it's never been easier to get to a 250k-300k level.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Maybe slightly, I'm still going to rank my 4* because so far my 5* are pretty much garbage, I don't think my next one is going to be any good either and I keep dupping them ( my 4*)
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I'm going to say no. Why should the cost go down? Those resources are still useful for 5* which is where most of the player base that has the useful 4* already at 5/50 will use t4cc. I have 3 maxed out classes of t4cc. I don't want to have more expiring than I have now. And shards are much more easily obtained now than they were a year ago to get more t4cc.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited September 2017

That being said... why should anyone rank a 4* anymore? Why should we grind the game for weeks/months to rank a champ that will be relatively useless in a few months? What's the point of it?

How about "in a few months" when 4 stars are "relatively useless" you come back and tell us how many 5 star rank 4s you have, and if you even have a single 6 star yet.

Btw, I built a time machine and went into the future and asked you (just to save you the trouble of remembering to come back and tell us) and the answer was "2 and no".

• AxeCopFire wrote: »

How about "in a few months" when 4 stars are "relatively useless" you come back and tell us how many 5 star rank 4s you have, and if you even have a single 6 star yet.

Btw, I built a time machine and went into the future and asked you (just to save you the trouble of remembering to come back and tell us) and the answer was "2 and no".

I have 5* Ultron, Hulk, SL, x23 (already r4), drax, and cap marvel id like to all rank.... I know im not the norm but thought id point it out lol
  • I think five stars need to be more available. A lot of long time 200k plus players have nothing to show in their five star roster. Too hard to get and pool is diluted.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Appleisgod wrote: »

Can you elaborate on why you feel this way?

As my 3 year old would say...

"Because yeah"
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    How about getting rid of this diversity garbage in the first place?