**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* champion addition date and Dormammu

2»

Comments

• FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    CFree wrote: »
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    Yeah, Miike's trying to tell us the dorm 5* crystal will NOT have the sub-pool, but the basic pool instead

Correct. The Dormammu Crystal will not have the Sub-Featured Pool, but will have the new Champions in the Basic Pool.

Just responded to a Thread with a similar question. Theoretically, could you buy the Dorm Crystal and save it until the Subfeatured Pool is added? Someone is holding on to an Iceman Crystal and wants to know if it will be there when they open it. I assumed it would be the same as any Crystal you open, and it goes by the pool available when you open it. Any idea? Thanks.

No. The answer is the same as Dormammu, unless he buys a re-released iceman crystal.

Hey guys,

Gonna see if I can offer some more clarity. If a crystal comes out BEFORE the 8th of June, it will NOT have the Sub-Featured pool. If, for some reason, a Crystal was to come out on June 7th, at 11:59 PDT, it would NOT have the sub-featured pool. It's on crystals released (or re-released) on, or after June 8th 2017.

Ah. Skimmed over that. Thank you.

I THINK that the reason why it would NOT have the subpool if he opened it LATER (when there is a subpool) is because the champion that you get is actually decided the moment you purchase it, not when you actually open it. So as soon as the user clicks on the "Get Now" Button for a Featured 5* Hero Champion, it is at THAT moment that the crystal determines who the player gets and NOT when it is actually spun.

It would be pretty cool though (kind of a nice little loophole) if that was not the case--so say if he did buy the crystal when Dormammu was offered as the 5* Featured Hero and then waited until the Subpool came out, it would be neat if he did 'trick' the system and end up getting a Subpool champion in case he didn't get Dormammu. That'd be cool, but I don't think it works that way unfortunately.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    CFree wrote: »
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    Yeah, Miike's trying to tell us the dorm 5* crystal will NOT have the sub-pool, but the basic pool instead

Correct. The Dormammu Crystal will not have the Sub-Featured Pool, but will have the new Champions in the Basic Pool.

Just responded to a Thread with a similar question. Theoretically, could you buy the Dorm Crystal and save it until the Subfeatured Pool is added? Someone is holding on to an Iceman Crystal and wants to know if it will be there when they open it. I assumed it would be the same as any Crystal you open, and it goes by the pool available when you open it. Any idea? Thanks.

No. The answer is the same as Dormammu, unless he buys a re-released iceman crystal.

Hey guys,

Gonna see if I can offer some more clarity. If a crystal comes out BEFORE the 8th of June, it will NOT have the Sub-Featured pool. If, for some reason, a Crystal was to come out on June 7th, at 11:59 PDT, it would NOT have the sub-featured pool. It's on crystals released (or re-released) on, or after June 8th 2017.

Ah. Skimmed over that. Thank you.

I THINK that the reason why it would NOT have the subpool if he opened it LATER (when there is a subpool) is because the champion that you get is actually decided the moment you purchase it, not when you actually open it. So as soon as the user clicks on the "Get Now" Button for a Featured 5* Hero Champion, it is at THAT moment that the crystal determines who the player gets and NOT when it is actually spun.

It would be pretty cool though (kind of a nice little loophole) if that was not the case--so say if he did buy the crystal when Dormammu was offered as the 5* Featured Hero and then waited until the Subpool came out, it would be neat if he did 'trick' the system and end up getting a Subpool champion in case he didn't get Dormammu. That'd be cool, but I don't think it works that way unfortunately.

It's generated when you open it. I thought it was the same as the Premium or the 4*'s, but if it's not applied, then they will have to change the Crystals to access the new pool. The 5* Crystals are unique.
  • FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    edited May 2017
    It's generated when you open it. I thought it was the same as the Premium or the 4*'s, but if it's not applied, then they will have to change the Crystals to access the new pool. The 5* Crystals are unique.

Are you sure? Can you supply a reference that states this? Or can a moderator confirm this? I thought for sure that the crystals were actually decided the moment you 'purchase' them and not when you actually open them.

Are you sure? Can you supply a reference that states this? Or can a moderator confirm this? I thought for sure that the crystals were actually decided the moment you 'purchase' them and not when you actually open them.
    I could if I had access to the old Forum. It's been stated a number of occasions. The moment you start the spin, or click Open, it is generated.
  • GOT_BOOSTGOT_BOOST Posts: 24
    edited May 2017
    Can we get confirmation on this?

More specifically - are your results of the crystal at the time of "purchase" or at the time of hitting open/dropping the crystal?

Also - can you "purchase" a dormammu 5* crystal and open it AFTER June 8th for the sub-feature pool
    edited May 2017
    GOT_BOOST wrote: »

More specifically - are your results of the crystal at the time of "purchase" or at the time of hitting open/dropping the crystal?

Also - can you "purchase" a dormammu 5* crystal and open it AFTER June 8th for the sub-feature pool

If I can find the Post in the old Forum I will share the link. Unless a Mod comments. It's when you Open/Spin it. As for the 5*:
    Hey guys,

• GOT_BOOSTGOT_BOOST Posts: 24

If I can find the Post in the old Forum I will share the link. Unless a Mod comments. It's when you Open/Spin it. As for the 5*:

Thanks - that's what I thought. And if this is true, does the same also go for 4*s?

Example - I bought a yondu crystal but haven't opened it yet... let's say I plan to open it after June 6th (when Dormammu is scheduled to be added to the PHC pool. Will I have a chance to pull Dorm???
    Hey guys,

As far as 5* crystals are concerned - then that means no matter when you purchase a crystal, it will only be able to choose from whatever champs are unlocked at the time of the crystal release.

edited June 2017

Hey guys,

[/quote]

Thanks - that's what I thought. And if this is true, does the same also go for 4*s?

Example - I bought a yondu crystal but haven't opened it yet... let's say I plan to open it after June 6th (when Dormammu is scheduled to be added to the PHC pool. Will I have a chance to pull Dorm???
    Hey guys,

As far as 5* crystals are concerned - then that means no matter when you purchase a crystal, it will only be able to choose from whatever champs are unlocked at the time of the crystal release.

No. Not for the new Featured 5*'s. I would imagine they have to program the new releases to access the new pool. The 5* Featured have always been unique. They typically have different Drop Rates, from what I've seen. The Featured 5* seems to be higher than the Featured 4*. The Basic 5* draws on the current pool. The new Subfeatured is something that has to be programmed into the new Featured releases. The old ones are not programmed to access the new Subfeatured Pool. That's my view.