**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Login issues - stop blaming our connection

I understand that sometimes servers go down. What I don't care for is having my connection blamed when the fault lies at your end. As a programmer, I know it would be relatively easy to add a simple HTTP GET for a site with better reliability (e.g. google.com, time.gov, yahoo.com, or even playcontestofchampions.com) to test the validity of a users Internet connection. You could then make the message to the users more accurate so that we all don't have to spend 20 minutes searching for yet another outage confirmation from Kabam or hammering your servers hoping they've come back up.

If you can't reach the internet, use a message of "Internet connectivity lost. Please verify connection and restart the game". If Kabam servers are down, use "Login servers currently unavailable. Please wait 15 minutes and try again." - at least until you can get an "undergoing emergency maintenance" message out as the official login response.

For what it's worth, the login server should also have the ability to return multiple answers: (1) = successful login, (2) = scheduled maintenance, (3) = emergency maintenance, (4) = unexpected outage. Nothing worse than the servers going down in the middle of the day and 5 minutes later having the game tell you it's down for "scheduled maintenance". Really? Who "schedules" maintenance in the middle of the average US user daytime period? That just makes you look like fools.

User experience has been pretty poor lately. A small amount of effort could make significant changes to how your current server issues are perceived.

Comments

• Options
    If u think these server issues r new, think maybe ur new as these servers been **** for the 1 1-2 years I been playing, zero imporovements.
  • Options
    I work with insurance companies and n-tier insurance management software, primarily as a backend database developer but sometimes as a UI dev too. I deal with server issues on a very regular basis. It's obvious to me that Kabam doesn't have a very robust failover system for their login servers. I get that. Smaller companies don't invest in that kind of architecture because it can be VERY expensive when done right. That being said, a day of programming effort (including unit testing and QA) could make a world of difference for the end user so that we would more readily know whether or not the fault lies on the user side or Kabam side.
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    If u think these server issues r new, think maybe ur new as these servers been **** for the 1 1-2 years I been playing, zero imporovements.

I've been playing since June 2015, do you know the feeling of facing a team in the 4* arena that's 3 or 4 times the strength of yours, win (with no utility masteries, taking block damage) and be kicked out and given a loss? It was brutal before.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    I understand that sometimes servers go down. What I don't care for is having my connection blamed when the fault lies at your end.

Wow... Just wow...

I am sure this post will be quickly deleted, and perhaps deservedly so, but come on!! Sure, it's lazy on Kabam's part to use the same message regardless of on which end of the connection the problem lies, but are you seriously so insecure that when you see an obviously generic message that you know is being sent to the entire player pool you actually think Kabam is literally blaming you for the outage?