**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Daily login calendar, poor rewards or not?

Can't help thinking that this months daily rewards are far from the previous months rewards, or I am just being greedy lol

Comments

• DusterN9neDusterN9ne Posts: 74
    I thought you guys were gonna make things easier to obtain 5 star shards yet this month we dont have any and also lost out on a weeks worth of Alliance wars to make it even less this month. Seems like something that couldve been planned out better. Can I get some other peoples thought on the subject?
  • KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    I found the same disappointment. The grandmaster crystal is cool but same as the login crystal... Every month for like a year we get a 3*... Whooptie Doo....
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    People have commented on other threads already. You missed it. Don't think anyone has anything left to say.

They'll maybe increase the AW rewards about a month after the changes. Maybe the mystery item is 5* shards. I think it'll be 6* shards.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    There's already multiple threads on this topic.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    They put in 5k last month what more do you want, another 5k? People playing for 2 months should not just get a 5 star for doing nothing, they are limiting rewards in the calendars at a certain point because to lower end players rewards that are just good for top tier players are progression breaking for them. A free 5 star 2 months into playing would allow a new player to complete all content without having to had grinded any 4 stars or even any decent three stars. People ( not saying just you) need to see how things effect the game as a whole not just focus on what they want.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Nothing was said about having Shards every month.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    In an absolutely literal, "read zero between the lines" sense, it is correct to say that nothing was said about 5* shards being in the calendar every month. But for everyone who communicates relatively normally, the implication--plainly put out there in mod statements--was that we shouldn't worry about 6*'s too much because 5* shards would be made more available, a statement which was apparently intended to reassure angry and anxious forums members.

Miike has commented on it a little further in another thread. I don't have it handy, but it didn't illuminate much. I believe he hung his hat on the availability of 5* as a rare drop in GMCs if I recall correctly.

Dr. Zola
  • Sungj wrote: »
    They put in 5k last month what more do you want, another 5k? People playing for 2 months should not just get a 5 star for doing nothing, they are limiting rewards in the calendars at a certain point because to lower end players rewards that are just good for top tier players are progression breaking for them. A free 5 star 2 months into playing would allow a new player to complete all content without having to had grinded any 4 stars or even any decent three stars. People ( not saying just you) need to see how things effect the game as a whole not just focus on what they want.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with u, but considering 4 stars being phased out and will need 5 stars to tey and compete very soon, u r very wrong. With 6 stars coming in few mknths, we need lots of availability for 5 stars.
    DrZola wrote: »
    In an absolutely literal, "read zero between the lines" sense, it is correct to say that nothing was said about 5* shards being in the calendar every month. But for everyone who communicates relatively normally, the implication--plainly put out there in mod statements--was that we shouldn't worry about 6*'s too much because 5* shards would be made more available, a statement which was apparently intended to reassure angry and anxious forums members.

Miike has commented on it a little further in another thread. I don't have it handy, but it didn't illuminate much. I believe he hung his hat on the availability of 5* as a rare drop in GMCs if I recall correctly.

Dr. Zola

The statement was made that they would be made more available, yes. However, we're quite far off from when 6*'s will be playable. That doesn't necessarily mean they will be immediate or in the Calendar. I'm assuming there will be a variety of sources. Rewards, Offers, etc. There is lots of time between now and then, and even with their onset, 6*'s will be quite rare.
    edited September 2017
    Let's be honest, Sungj:
    A new player who pulls a lone Luke/Cyke/AntMan/Loki/Gwen/HB/Groot/IP/
    IF/Colossus/Mags/Kamala/Miles/Shulk/OML/NFDD or any of the other few dozen 5* clunkers they are bound to get is not going to be able to steamroll end game content. So releasing another half a 5* over another month calendar would hardly throw the Contest out of balance.

Dr. Zola
    Q: Will 5-Stars now be easier to obtain?
    A: Yes! You will find ways to obtain 5-Stars will increase through the following:
    5-Star shards are now available through Calendar Rewards
    5-Star shards will be available through special event content (like Stark Assignments & Web-Slinger Challenge)
    4-Stars are also now easier to obtain, which will afford 5-Star shards upon duping them

Q: Will 5-Stars be easier to rank up?
    A: Yes! We’re doing a number of things to improve this for our players, and some may have already noticed that we’ve increased both the ways that you can obtain upgrade materials, as well as the quantify of 5-star upgrade materials throughout the game:
    We’ve updated AQ to include more 5-Star rank-up items as rewards
    The addition of the Glory store made it easier to obtain rank-up items
    Both AQ and the Glory store will see further updates as time goes on, to increase this even more
    T4 Class catalysts have been added to the game as Calendar Rewards
    We’ve added the Uncollected Daily Crystal to the game, which gives experienced players more of a chance at higher value items they need to progress with their 5-Star rosters

We will continue to look for new ways we can make rank-up items more accessible to our players

That's what Kabam said about 5* in the 6* announcement thread.
    Thank you Jon. I believe that clarifies the puffery that was put out about the "increased availability" of 5*'s.

Dr. Zola
    Let's be honest:
    IF/Colossus/Mags/Kamala/Miles/Shulk/OML/NFDD or any of the other few dozen 5* clunkers they are bound to get is not going to be able to steamroll end game content. So releasing another half a 5* over another month calendar is hardly going to toss the Contest out of balance.

Dr. Zola

I've answered this in another Thread, but I'll do it again here. There are many different Player Levels that receive the same Calendar. They try to accommodate a variety of Rewards for all Players. I'm sure many would like every month to be 5* Shards, but that wouldn't be much use for newer Players starting out. They also have value. Just because 6*'s are coming doesn't mean they're going to hand out 5*s with every monthly. They change the Calendar every month to give a variety of Rewards all year long. They're not usually the same. This month has some great Rewards. They're literally giving all Players a chance to win a 5*. The problem is people heard the Announcement and expected it to rain 5*'s. Lol.
    edited September 2017
    I just wonder why they made a big deal about 5* in the calendar. That's probably where the confusion came from for many players.
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    I just wonder why they made a big deal about 5* in the calendar. That's probably where the confusion came from for many players.

I think it's just a matter of timing. We had half a 5* last month and then the Announcement came, so people expected more Shards this month.
    It was all terrible timing. Now we gotta see if people are right to be upset about their 5* investments.
    It was all terrible timing. Now we gotta see if people are right to be upset about their 5* investments.

That's premature. We're not going to have that many 5*'s floating around when they're introduced. People are projecting too far into the future and have deemed everything useless. Lol.
    edited September 2017
    Well part of the problem is the combination that is Challenger Rating and Diminishing returns, along with the nerfs to our beloved God tier champs.
    6* will be in the game in October, for what? Maybe the next event quest.
    edited September 2017
    6* will be in the game in October, for what? Maybe the next event quest.

My assumption is in 5.4. CR doesn't play that much of a factor. If I'm correct, it will be doable with 5*'s. Perhaps even 4*'s with a great deal of skill. Of course, that's just speculation. The part about CR is explained in the Post on CR. It's a small percentage. It will make it more difficult to use 4*'s for 6*'s, the same way it's hard to use 3*'s for 5*'s. That's my assumption.
  • I'm not trying to see a lvl20 with a 5* crystal just by logging in.
    Sometime this month they'll probably tell us about all of the perks the 6* will have.

We should be told to plan ahead on rank ups and who to use Awakening Gem and sig stones on. Even then it may be difficult. Which is the whole point.

Anyone remember how strong the 5* were when they were introduced? It was first in Act 4, no?
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    A free 5 star 2 months into playing would allow a new player to complete all content without having to had grinded any 4 stars or even any decent three stars.

That is not true.

I heard this all too many times even on some of the youtubers' channels, saying "oh if we open a 4-star Punisher now we will go straight to Maestro bla bla bla"

Seems like everyone forgotten about the need to collect T3 and T4 catalyst for BOTH basic and class to even make the 4/5* a viable option.

New players wouldn't benefit much from a off-the-bat 5* Star Lord if they have no means of ranking him up.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with u, but considering 4 stars being phased out and will need 5 stars to tey and compete very soon, u r very wrong. With 6 stars coming in few mknths, we need lots of availability for 5 stars.

Yes I agree they need to make 5 stars more available but they shouldn't be free, people asking for free full 5 stars for doing nothing but logging in is ridiculous. If they want 5 stars to be more available people should be asking for more content where they can earn the shards not have them handed out to them
    That is not true.

I heard this all too many times even on some of the youtubers' channels, saying "oh if we open a 4-star Punisher now we will go straight to Maestro bla bla bla"

Seems like everyone forgotten about the need to collect T3 and T4 catalyst for BOTH basic and class to even make the 4/5* a viable option.

New players wouldn't benefit much from a off-the-bat 5* Star Lord if they have no means of ranking him up.

Yes they wouldn't benefit right away but what purpose would they have ranking up a four star or 3 star in the place of the five star. Ranking a 5 star to the level of a maxed out 3/30 costs no catalysts and ranking up to the level of a four star in terms of t4 basics costs less than a four star to rank 4 and basics are the most difficult resource to obtain when you are new to rank up champions besides t4ccs . If everybody got a free 5 star crystal at least half of new players would get a five star that is more than decent and they will concentrate all their resources or at least prioritize their resources on them. So the argument still stands even though they won't be helpful right away a 5 star would completely negate the use of 3 stars for players who've only been playing for a few months and remove the prioritizing of four stars
    Let's be honest, Sungj:
    IF/Colossus/Mags/Kamala/Miles/Shulk/OML/NFDD or any of the other few dozen 5* clunkers they are bound to get is not going to be able to steamroll end game content. So releasing another half a 5* over another month calendar would hardly throw the Contest out of balance.

Dr. Zola

Yes but what about the other half that pulls x-23, mordo, nightcrawler, moonknight, ultron, storm, cyclops, wintersoldier, hawkeye, yellow jacket,magik, guillotine, drax,, hulk, elektra, symbiote spiderman, rocket raccoon, agent venom, corssbones, beast etc. With the current pool more than half of the champions even unduped can carry a player who has only been playing for a few months through the entirety of act 4 as well as a clear of act 5.1 so thats over half of the beginner player base that was handed out a progression negating champion. With any of the champions I listed 3 stars would no longer be anywhere near a priority and four stars and would take a back seat as well. People who barely play but just login everyday would get progression it took regular players hard grinding to get not just had it handed to us.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited September 2017

Dr. Zola

The statement was made that they would be made more available, yes. However, we're quite far off from when 6*'s will be playable. That doesn't necessarily mean they will be immediate or in the Calendar. I'm assuming there will be a variety of sources. Rewards, Offers, etc. There is lots of time between now and then, and even with their onset, 6*'s will be quite rare.

@GroundedWisdom can u pls show uor profile. Just curious to c how much uor account & roster is developped that u dont need further reward like others r saying!
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    jj76lbb0j9xz.png
    Let's be honest:
    IF/Colossus/Mags/Kamala/Miles/Shulk/OML/NFDD or any of the other few dozen 5* clunkers they are bound to get is not going to be able to steamroll end game content. So releasing another half a 5* over another month calendar is hardly going to toss the Contest out of balance.

Dr. Zola

I've answered this in another Thread, but I'll do it again here. There are many different Player Levels that receive the same Calendar. They try to accommodate a variety of Rewards for all Players. I'm sure many would like every month to be 5* Shards, but that wouldn't be much use for newer Players starting out. They also have value. Just because 6*'s are coming doesn't mean they're going to hand out 5*s with every monthly. They change the Calendar every month to give a variety of Rewards all year long. They're not usually the same. This month has some great Rewards. They're literally giving all Players a chance to win a 5*. The problem is people heard the Announcement and expected it to rain 5*'s. Lol.

I'll refer you to Jon's excerpt from the Q&A above. And the reason players expected it to rain 5*'s (have to admit I didn't, but I did expect to see more of a loosening of the strings this month) is directly a result of the information the mods provided in an effort to tamp down anxiety about 6*'s. While there is a great deal of hyperventilation on the forums, I don't really pity the game team because they tend to fuel much of it with poorly worded and poorly conceived communication--this instance is just one in a long line.

Dr. Zola