Trading within Alliance

I think it would be good for the game to allow trading of certain items within alliances. Example would be T4C. They are hard to come by and getting the same one over and over is frustrating as well as you and up having to use on a champ you don't want. I don't mind spending on deals but it's discouraging to continuously get same class every time. There should be limits and stipulations to avoid people being taken advantage of. My suggestion is you have to be in same alliance at least 6 months and has to be same type item for same type. I.E. Cosmic T4 for Tech T4. Also so it's not rampant and overused maybe a limit of 1 trade per month or every 3 months. I also feel this will encourage spending for deals as it won't be so bad being stuck with an item you have little use for.

Comments

• Pit316Pit316 Member Posts: 9
    I agree. This guy has something!
  • AddyosAddyos Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    No matter how many restrictions are placed, any form of trading will be abused. So no.
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Member Posts: 981 ★★
    Again, income stream for Kabam, so why would they change it and lose money doing so?

Never mind all the abuses of this set up that would immediately start
  • SlipdripSlipdrip Member Posts: 24
    Great idea Havoc, but without an abundance of tier 4 science cats you'll never have an excuse to justify your r5 Spidergwen.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Member Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Slipdrip wrote: »
    Great idea Havoc, but without an abundance of tier 4 science cats you'll never have an excuse to justify your r5 Spidergwen.

I'm maxed out on science t4cc (8/8)
    Have no good science champ to rank up
    So I'm gonna do spidergwen and be a meme
  • Kabam could make this a hoilday event. No abuse done. Would it make kabam any money? Yes because they could get even new customer spending so they actually have a chance at some mystic cats...or what ever your alliance has available to trade. Normal spenders would spend more...higher spends will love it...or they will spend more to say a head like alawys.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Member Posts: 734 ★★★
    Tangentially related to this topic:

I am not in an alliance and have no plans to do so any time soon. I've also gathered a few alliance potions and revives in the recent health event quests. I've been wondering if there was a way for me to unload these to someone who can use them to get back something I can actually use. I know I can just sell them for gold, but I just wanted to find out if there are other options before I do that.
  • chozen_1nechozen_1ne Member Posts: 11
    I think this is a great idea. No harm done if it is within the alliance.. You are suppose to be a team, and teams help each other out when needed!
  • WOKWOK Member Posts: 468 ★★
    I personally believe the general premise of alliance member trading is a fantastic idea. Although the scope of everything else would be fervently debated with no end, if it were ever actually implemented. Lets disregard the usual "revenue generator for Kabam" counterpoint, and just try to focus on the gameplay pros/cons. IMO, I can see trading being allowed for simple items such as lvl 1 or 2 pots and revives for lets say small energy, or maybe even 1 or 2 units or loyaty points since everyone can collect those from free crystals and still many of us can get our stash depleted in a heartbeat. I'm not so certain if any serious gamebreaking abuse could arise from something at that level. Only use for those specific items are for individual game content if I'm not mistaken, and are not applicable in the team based content of AQ & AW nor arenas for that matter. So I don't see an argument being made of "it gives unfair advantage against those that have not..." As far as catalysts and upgrade items, I have to say would not be as harmless unfortunately. Wouldn't go as far as stating players would abuse the scenario, but can definitely see some unfavorable results for the gameplay in general. I'd say its a great idea that just might need a little planning and consideration of the angles to get the ball rolling!
    WOK wrote: »
    Lets disregard the usual "revenue generator for Kabam" counterpoint,

I think you will find that this is the only point that actually matters

Wubbie075 wrote: »

I am not in an alliance and have no plans to do so any time soon. I've also gathered a few alliance potions and revives in the recent health event quests. I've been wondering if there was a way for me to unload these to someone who can use them to get back something I can actually use. I know I can just sell them for gold, but I just wanted to find out if there are other options before I do that.

Just a thought, Have you ever considered starting your own alliance to be by yourself? Or do you feel the same regardless of having members or not? Because then you can actually use them instead of selling for a much undervalued amount of gold, you could get some extra rewards with the ability to have alliance events and run AQ to pratice fighting opponents with link nodes up. Btw, for anyone wbo might think I'm being sarcastic, I'm not. Its what I did briefly when I 1st started playing. And then had a buddy of mine join and we had tons of fun. Couldnt clear the 1st tier of map1 at the time, but that was actually part of the fun also!! Lol
    Lets disregard the usual "revenue generator for Kabam" counterpoint,

I think you will find that this is the only point that actually matters

For who exactly does it only matter to? I was under the impression that this forum is to bring thoughts and ideas to the table that could be positive/good for the overall betterment and enjoyment of the game and its players. I must have missed the memo that expressed we must consider each idea or suggestion with the premise of whether or not it will or will not generate sales, and that we must refrain from commenting if said idea negatively affects Kabams revenue.
    Wok, I wish it was not the case, but this is a business, so even things I would like in the game etc wont happen unless Kabam either makes more money or doesn't lose any money by the change

I don't make those rules, but I see little point discussing changes and suggestions that break those 2 rules. Sorry if that offends you

@Dave_the_destroyer , it doesnt offend me at all, sorry if I seem to have come off that way. And I agree with you that it is a business and can respect and wholeheartedly agree that everyone including myself, is in business to make a profit. To state otherwise would be IMO, quite naive. I also agree that it would be difficult to forsee changes that would cause any businesses revenues to drop but wouldnt quite agree with changes that fail to generate more revenue. Certain ad/marketing schemes actually do generate little to no profit and in rare instances come at a loss short-term but will even out and increase long-term. Solid points you make here, and if you believe that is the case, I can totally respect that. Although, I would add this. No one other than the marketing and accounting team of a business entity would have the necessary info. and knowledge to determine whether a b or c is/would cause a drop/rise in revenue, short or long term. I personally think that really isn't our concern to deal with though. I think it best serves the community if we colaborate and constantly come up with new ideas in the hopes that eventually we will find some middle ground, rather than immediately conclude them unworthy based on inadequate information.
    I say "inadequate information" based on my unverified assumption that no one in these forums are actual financial or marketing dept employees of Kabam. Lol
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Member Posts: 734 ★★★
    Wubbie075 wrote: »

Just a thought, Have you ever considered starting your own alliance to be by yourself? Or do you feel the same regardless of having members or not? Because then you can actually use them instead of selling for a much undervalued amount of gold, you could get some extra rewards with the ability to have alliance events and run AQ to pratice fighting opponents with link nodes up. Btw, for anyone wbo might think I'm being sarcastic, I'm not. Its what I did briefly when I 1st started playing. And then had a buddy of mine join and we had tons of fun. Couldnt clear the 1st tier of map1 at the time, but that was actually part of the fun also!! Lol

@WOK , nope that is something I hadn't thought of, and it's exactly why I asked the question. I figured there was probably something that hadn't occurred to me or I didn't know enough about.

I don't want to join an alliance because I just don't want to be beholden to anyone else in terms of how, when, and how often I play or manage my roster. Some days I waste hours and hours on this thing, and other times I do not play at all for a week (still logging in for my daily awards, obviously). I don't have a moral objection to them as a concept, lol. Can the alliance versions of these items be used in any quest, or only when I am in one of the alliance maps?

I guess my final question is, is doing this in any way against TOS? (@Kabam Miike @Kabam Pertinax) It seems like it's a loophole that's probably unintended, but if it is within the rules I would probably do it.

Either way, I appreciate the suggestion, thanks!

@Wubbie075 , to my knowledge there is nothing wrong with doing that and nothing in the TOS that would even remotely suggest thst there is. Would also suggest that you make sure the join preference is set to private so others would need to send a request to join instead of just coming in without notice. And you have the option to approve a request or not to btw. As far as I know, any and all aliance pots and revives can only be used in Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars.