**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Daily login calendar, poor rewards or not?

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Sungj wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    Let's be honest, Sungj:
    A new player who pulls a lone Luke/Cyke/AntMan/Loki/Gwen/HB/Groot/IP/
    IF/Colossus/Mags/Kamala/Miles/Shulk/OML/NFDD or any of the other few dozen 5* clunkers they are bound to get is not going to be able to steamroll end game content. So releasing another half a 5* over another month calendar would hardly throw the Contest out of balance.

Dr. Zola

Yes but what about the other half that pulls x-23, mordo, nightcrawler, moonknight, ultron, storm, cyclops, wintersoldier, hawkeye, yellow jacket,magik, guillotine, drax,, hulk, elektra, symbiote spiderman, rocket raccoon, agent venom, corssbones, beast etc. With the current pool more than half of the champions even unduped can carry a player who has only been playing for a few months through the entirety of act 4 as well as a clear of act 5.1 so thats over half of the beginner player base that was handed out a progression negating champion. With any of the champions I listed 3 stars would no longer be anywhere near a priority and four stars and would take a back seat as well. People who barely play but just login everyday would get progression it took regular players hard grinding to get not just had it handed to us.

Most new players will have a tough time getting any of those champs past R2. And most of those champs at R2 would have little chance exploring Act 4 by themselves. I don't begrudge any new player their more rapid progression, but having a lone, unduped R2 5* is highly unlikely in my opinion to carry a player playing for a few months (with noob masteries and noob resources) through all the game content.

Are you also against the ability of new players to "buy" 5*'s via the GMCs? Brand new players who decide to open the wallet a little can pop a set of 5*'s without doing anything other than spending. At least calendar rewards for everyone are way more egalitarian.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Remember when they said thee would be no nodes with both Buffet and Masochism in 5.2? Don't believe a word those liars say.
  • Options
    I see no problem with this months calendar, can't expect great every time!

Re the calendar for all ranks of players: what about separate ones for different brackets as an idea?

• Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    I just wished Kabam could simply state along the lines of "Hey guys. We have put some amazing rewards in this month's login calendar, but don't expect every month to have the same rewards", or something like that just to temper expectations.

The minute I saw 5* shards in last month's calendar, I immediately thought that the 5k free 5* shards were excellent, but many people with their sense of entitlement will expect 5* shards in every monthly calendar. Look at all the posts demanding Gold realms and Rank down tickets. Anything good Kabam gives to the players once in a while, they become ravenous and expect the good stuff like free 5* shards to become the norm. So said, so done.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    TheSOURA wrote: »
    In an absolutely literal, "read zero between the lines" sense, it is correct to say that nothing was said about 5* shards being in the calendar every month. But for everyone who communicates relatively normally, the implication--plainly put out there in mod statements--was that we shouldn't worry about 6*'s too much because 5* shards would be made more available, a statement which was apparently intended to reassure angry and anxious forums members.

Miike has commented on it a little further in another thread. I don't have it handy, but it didn't illuminate much. I believe he hung his hat on the availability of 5* as a rare drop in GMCs if I recall correctly.

Dr. Zola

The statement was made that they would be made more available, yes. However, we're quite far off from when 6*'s will be playable. That doesn't necessarily mean they will be immediate or in the Calendar. I'm assuming there will be a variety of sources. Rewards, Offers, etc. There is lots of time between now and then, and even with their onset, 6*'s will be quite rare.

@GroundedWisdom can u pls show uor profile. Just curious to c how much uor account & roster is developped that u dont need further reward like others r saying!

I never said I couldn't use more Shards. I'm not complaining that they're not being given in the Calendar for free. Anything given as a Bonus for logging in is not something I am entitled to.
    TheSOURA wrote: »
    jj76lbb0j9xz.png

That doesn't mean every month.
  • Options
    I've already outlined the fact that they have many Players and all Levels who receive the same Calendar, and that they switch it up to give a variety of Rewards over the year. Let's put it another way. Do we expect them to give Shards this month AND a GMC that could potentially give a fully formed 5*? Not logically. The problem is undoubtedly expectations.
  • Options
    TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited September 2017
    I've already outlined the fact that they have many Players and all Levels who receive the same Calendar, and that they switch it up to give a variety of Rewards over the year. Let's put it another way. Do we expect them to give Shards this month AND a GMC that could potentially give a fully formed 5*? Not logically. The problem is undoubtedly expectations.

Hum. That is called coming to the point.
  • Options
    DusterN9neDusterN9ne Posts: 74
    Let's be honest:
    IF/Colossus/Mags/Kamala/Miles/Shulk/OML/NFDD or any of the other few dozen 5* clunkers they are bound to get is not going to be able to steamroll end game content. So releasing another half a 5* over another month calendar is hardly going to toss the Contest out of balance.

Dr. Zola

I've answered this in another Thread, but I'll do it again here. There are many different Player Levels that receive the same Calendar. They try to accommodate a variety of Rewards for all Players. I'm sure many would like every month to be 5* Shards, but that wouldn't be much use for newer Players starting out. They also have value. Just because 6*'s are coming doesn't mean they're going to hand out 5*s with every monthly. They change the Calendar every month to give a variety of Rewards all year long. They're not usually the same. This month has some great Rewards. They're literally giving all Players a chance to win a 5*. The problem is people heard the Announcement and expected it to rain 5*'s. Lol.

Although I do agree with this statement to some degree my point is poor planning. Example would be if you are talking about all skill levels of players sure this makes a lot of sense however with the introduction of uncollected crystals there is absolutely no reason why they couldn't have created an uncollected calendar which varied in rewards based on the player's level.
  • Options
    Bottom line as others here have pointed out already they said there would be more ways to obtain 5 star shards and 5 star champs. If they expect everyone to go out and purchase them through GM crystals when its a very rare drop rate for one. That is simply not enough for the majority of the fan base.
  • Options
    I also believe that there are plenty of ppl willing to spend to get their 1st 6 star almost as soon as it is available and if that is the case I would like, as well as many others in the highest levels of the game, to be able to compete with that at least to some degree by collecting shards from 5 star dupes through other parts of the game and that most certainly includes the monthly calendar. I feel if most top alliances at this point can pull 2 4 stars weekly from grinding and doing events it is not asking too much to be able to earn 2 basic 5 stars through events and quests each month. If getting a 6 star depends entirely on duping a 5 star there should be way way way more opportunities to do that. Not just one months worth of rewards and then gtfo buy my sh*t
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    DusterN9ne wrote: »
    Let's be honest:
    IF/Colossus/Mags/Kamala/Miles/Shulk/OML/NFDD or any of the other few dozen 5* clunkers they are bound to get is not going to be able to steamroll end game content. So releasing another half a 5* over another month calendar is hardly going to toss the Contest out of balance.

Dr. Zola

I've answered this in another Thread, but I'll do it again here. There are many different Player Levels that receive the same Calendar. They try to accommodate a variety of Rewards for all Players. I'm sure many would like every month to be 5* Shards, but that wouldn't be much use for newer Players starting out. They also have value. Just because 6*'s are coming doesn't mean they're going to hand out 5*s with every monthly. They change the Calendar every month to give a variety of Rewards all year long. They're not usually the same. This month has some great Rewards. They're literally giving all Players a chance to win a 5*. The problem is people heard the Announcement and expected it to rain 5*'s. Lol.

Although I do agree with this statement to some degree my point is poor planning. Example would be if you are talking about all skill levels of players sure this makes a lot of sense however with the introduction of uncollected crystals there is absolutely no reason why they couldn't have created an uncollected calendar which varied in rewards based on the player's level.

That's a suggestion I suppose. What I'm wondering is how far will the leeway go for Uncollected? It's for those that have completed 5.2. The perks are quite substantial. However, the more people expect, the more it becomes the request to create an entirely separate game for people who have finished the Quest.
  • Options
    True man but also realize that after youve become uncollected the majority of your roster is worthless. No one at that level is playing with 1 2 or 3 stars anymore. So the rewards should ultimately match your level.
  • Options
    True man but also realize that after youve become uncollected the majority of your roster is worthless. No one at that level is playing with 1 2 or 3 stars anymore. So the rewards should ultimately match your level.

Well, not necessarily. It's doable with R5's depending on your skill level. Check out The Analyzer. I hear what you're saying, but Act 5 is only one part of the game, and that doesn't make your Roster worthless. That's a view that the Player Base has because they're focused on 5*'s and now 6*'s. It would be hard to Grind the Arena without them. The majority of available, newer Champs are much more attainable and Dupable in 4* form. 6*'s aren't even playable yet and people have started counting everything else out. They won't be that common months down the road when they do become playable. It's my opinion that it's the source of the anxiousness. People are in such anticipation of them that they expect a 5* Roster that equals their 4* Roster, and that their 4* and 5* Rosters will be useless. Too much projection into the future based on announcements that were intended to be a notice of the long-term goals.
  • Options
    KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Don't you all get the pattern by now? Lol no shards because they will through a ton of deals out this month. Mark my words.
  • Options
    Let's be honest, Sungj:
    IF/Colossus/Mags/Kamala/Miles/Shulk/OML/NFDD or any of the other few dozen 5* clunkers they are bound to get is not going to be able to steamroll end game content. So releasing another half a 5* over another month calendar would hardly throw the Contest out of balance.

Dr. Zola

Yes but what about the other half that pulls x-23, mordo, nightcrawler, moonknight, ultron, storm, cyclops, wintersoldier, hawkeye, yellow jacket,magik, guillotine, drax,, hulk, elektra, symbiote spiderman, rocket raccoon, agent venom, corssbones, beast etc. With the current pool more than half of the champions even unduped can carry a player who has only been playing for a few months through the entirety of act 4 as well as a clear of act 5.1 so thats over half of the beginner player base that was handed out a progression negating champion. With any of the champions I listed 3 stars would no longer be anywhere near a priority and four stars and would take a back seat as well. People who barely play but just login everyday would get progression it took regular players hard grinding to get not just had it handed to us.

I disagree. I pulled undup 5 stars of storm, cyclops, several others u mention, and never ever use them. I'm end game player, beat everything except lol, and did it all with 4 stars, never had decent 5 stars to be effective. Recently change rhat with HE, but already beat everything else without 5 stars as pulling some isn't going to allow a noob do anything special. My concern is many of us made steong r star armies, which won't be nearly anythingrmiess effective soon, pulling one or two extra 5 stars isn't going to help come 6 stars. Just think how many 4 star pulls it tokk before could compete with strong 5 stars.
  • Options

Well, not necessarily. It's doable with R5's depending on your skill level. Check out The Analyzer. I hear what you're saying, but Act 5 is only one part of the game, and that doesn't make your Roster worthless. That's a view that the Player Base has because they're focused on 5*'s and now 6*'s. It would be hard to Grind the Arena without them. The majority of available, newer Champs are much more attainable and Dupable in 4* form. 6*'s aren't even playable yet and people have started counting everything else out. They won't be that common months down the road when they do become playable. It's my opinion that it's the source of the anxiousness. People are in such anticipation of them that they expect a 5* Roster that equals their 4* Roster, and that their 4* and 5* Rosters will be useless. Too much projection into the future based on announcements that were intended to be a notice of the long-term goals.

Good point but again at my level i dont use 3 stars anywhere else but starting a streak in arenas as do most and honestly I could still do that without them if I wanted to. When I grind I dont grind for new 3 stars as I wont use them for that reason. And its more about being prepared for the eventual prestige boost that these spender alliances will have if they are able to obtain a 6 star faster than others can even dupe and rank there 5 stars to compete with it.
  • Options
    KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    I actually have no 3 stars except a trio of maxed. There def should be levels. It' makes vets retired because all u pull is useless champs and the game becomes very boring. Even 4s I won't rank besides AA, Iceman, hype , voodoo is probably it.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    So because one calendar had 5* shards you expect them all to have them? Just saying you could pull a 5* from the grand master crystal
  • Options
    They can have them. I'm tired of pulling Spidergwen, Rhino(12 times) Luke cage, and iron patriot, now I'm on a two crystal streak of pulling antman. Keep those shards. It's becoming more than an insult.
  • Options
    Kocheese wrote: »
    I actually have no 3 stars except a trio of maxed. There def should be levels. It' makes vets retired because all u pull is useless champs and the game becomes very boring. Even 4s I won't rank besides AA, Iceman, hype , voodoo is probably it.

Anyone level 60 and are still pulling an abundance of 2* always end up leaving the game. At level 60 a 2* cannot do anything to help you with strengthening your roster. Oh but you get those ultra super sayian 3* shards that gives you a "chance" at a 4* that should take care of all your worries should give you 5* shards. Which by the time you get 10-15k shards you are ready to walk away from this nonsense because it ends up being something on the lines of a Spridergwen, Iron patriot, antman, Rhino, Luke Cage. The time and effort to get a POS is demoralizing.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    So because one calendar had 5* shards you expect them all to have them? Just saying you could pull a 5* from the grand master crystal

Um sure you can hold your breath while waiting to pull one how bout that lmfao try drop rate of like 1 in 125 crystals go ahead and burn through them units bro
  • Options
    I thought you guys were gonna make things easier to obtain 5 star shards yet this month we dont have any and also lost out on a weeks worth of Alliance wars to make it even less this month. Seems like something that couldve been planned out better. Can I get some other peoples thought on the subject?

Are you all too stupid to notice that you get 5,000 5star shards EVERY OTHER MONTH

• Options
    I thought you guys were gonna make things easier to obtain 5 star shards yet this month we dont have any and also lost out on a weeks worth of Alliance wars to make it even less this month. Seems like something that couldve been planned out better. Can I get some other peoples thought on the subject?

Are you all too stupid to notice that you get 5,000 5star shards EVERY OTHER MONTH

Stupid comments like this is why I know you're no where near my level dude lmfao
  • Options
    FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    They put in 5k last month what more do you want, another 5k? People playing for 2 months should not just get a 5 star for doing nothing, they are limiting rewards in the calendars at a certain point because to lower end players rewards that are just good for top tier players are progression breaking for them. A free 5 star 2 months into playing would allow a new player to complete all content without having to had grinded any 4 stars or even any decent three stars. People ( not saying just you) need to see how things effect the game as a whole not just focus on what they want.

Why did this get a flag from the community? Not abusive. Not spam.
  • Options
    Gotta read through all the comments man before you ask that question cuz it was already answered why. Ppl are just spamming the same dumb responses instead of understanding what this post was direct at which is poor planning after the announcement of 6 stars. There most certainly should be more 5 star shards offered whether or not they are offered to everyone or just the uncollected isnt really my concern but at the very least ppl who have earned the uncollected title should be given more chances at getting higher star rated champs. A new player just starting out can at least benefit from lower star rated characters (1 2 or 3 stars) because they are only beginning but end game players shouldn't be given 500 5 star shards one month and the next 200 premium shards in them same slot of the next months calendar. Doesnt make any sense. Especially if they are gonna announce prior to the new calendar coming out that we would be getting more 5 star shard rewards from multiple different ways including but not limited to the calendar.
  • Options
    Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    They can have them. I'm tired of pulling Spidergwen, Rhino(12 times) Luke cage, and iron patriot, now I'm on a two crystal streak of pulling antman. Keep those shards. It's becoming more than an insult.

5* Rhino TWELVE times !!!?
  • Options
    Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Let's be honest, Sungj:

Dr. Zola

Most new players will have a tough time getting any of those champs past R2. And most of those champs at R2 would have little chance exploring Act 4 by themselves. I don't begrudge any new player their more rapid progression, but having a lone, unduped R2 5* is highly unlikely in my opinion to carry a player playing for a few months (with noob masteries and noob resources) through all the game content.

Are you also against the ability of new players to "buy" 5*'s via the GMCs? Brand new players who decide to open the wallet a little can pop a set of 5*'s without doing anything other than spending. At least calendar rewards for everyone are way more egalitarian.

Dr. Zola

Only the uncollected can buy the GM crystals. I think.