**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Featured Drop Rates

2»

Comments

• CoachLedCoachLed Posts: 355 ★★
    Verzz said:

CoachLed said:

(New Math...)

25% chance at one of the 6 New champs, multiplied by 6 attempts, equals 150% chance.
    So since 150% is greater than 100%, you are GUARANTEED to get a New Champ 😀😀😀

Yeah that’s not how the math works on that one. They are independent events. Let’s look at the chances of not pulling a featured which is 75%. To find the probability of not pulling a featured when trying 6 times, you multiple those probabilities (.75x.75x.75x.75x.75x.75=0.1779). That means there was only a 17.79% chance that I didn’t pull at least one featured champ. This type of stuff happens all the time hence why I don’t think the probability is the same for every champ.
    I like how “all the math” now is hitting something that is more probable than calling a 6 sided dice roll once.
    It’s not about the one instance. This whole thread took a turn. I just know that I can’t be alone in thinking that the drop rates are different for different champs.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Are you alone? No. You're not the first to claim that. It's just not the case. There isn't a separate algorithm for Champs that people want more than others. The Drop Rates are as indicated.
  • CoachLedCoachLed Posts: 355 ★★

Are you alone? No. You're not the first to claim that. It's just not the case. There isn't a separate algorithm for Champs that people want more than others. The Drop Rates are as indicated.

But you can’t be certain. Just as I can’t be. It’s all conjecture.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    CoachLed said:

But you can’t be certain. Just as I can’t be. It’s all conjecture.
    Actually you can be fairly certain, but you would need a great deal more data than one person's pulls. Players have been analyzing pulls of things like the PHC since before the Drop Rates were posted, with decent accuracy.