**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    just watched the official MCOC 4 min video on new Alliance Wars .... *sigh*

"We're removing defender kill points ... BUT upping attacker kill points!" --- which is ridiculous when both alliances get 100% explore (Which happens a TON in higher tier AW)

... so should state "We're removing defender kill points ... SO Alliance War becomes much more pay to win and when both alliances burn their wallets dry .... the WIN will come down to MUH DIVERSITY defenders!"

fml

Not just that but they say they got rid of thorns like they're doing us a favour, then they go an add nodes like flare which is just degen. Honestly that's just takes no skill or specific champ it's just unavoidable damage.

Everything screams it's a cash grab an we want your money

Sorry guys, I can't find the video you speak of. Could you post a link to it?

https://youtu.be/eroAvZtoHok

Layout seems good but I'm not a fan of flare either. Hope it's not on many nodes.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Eelnats1Eelnats1 Posts: 66
    So with over 100 nodes in new map and we can only place 50 defenders 5 each member of bg. Or is that changing?
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    Nice account a certain moderator has for level 36. Especially when they have said over and over again they get nothing free and no preferential treatment.
  • Purveyor wrote: »
    Nice account a certain moderator has for level 36. Especially when they have said over and over again they get nothing free and no preferential treatment.

That's a test account! It doesn't play on the Live Server, and is only used for videos.
    Purveyor wrote: »

They have dummy accounts for the videos. They don't want to release footage with their real accounts to avoid being discovered or outted by mistake.
  • Eelnats1 wrote: »
    So with over 100 nodes in new map and we can only place 50 defenders 5 each member of bg. Or is that changing?

The amount of Defenders you can place is not changing. There will still only be 50 defenders per Battlegroup
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    "Debuffs last X% longer"
    How will that impact Coldsnap?
    Eelnats1 wrote: »

No it seems to be the same, which means if you have someone who fails to place defenders or place 5 defenders, you essentially gave the other alliance the victory with more space to explore.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    "Debuffs last X% longer"
    How will that impact Coldsnap?

You know how ^^
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    Great job kabam way to completely make war a money grab and completely be lazy like act 5. I guess we're going to see the exact same nodes as chapter 5 in aw? Lazy much. The dev team couldn't be anymore out of touch and unaware of in game issues or gameplay. You make the map harder but don't make the rewards better? Garbage just garbage. I'm still curious what about precious said question how does dehabiltate work with cold snap?
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    edited September 2017
    THIS MAP IS GARBAGE!.... dumb portals, dumb layout. No thorns, less of a challenge now. This new aq vs aq mode(alliance war) will be disappointing.

Thanks for closing my thread too, good to see that you know I've posted here, but won't answer a bunch of these comments. Impotence I swear.
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    So this map... I don't like it.

But my question is: you guys had the time to overhaul the map, yet not consider the rewards being increased- nor more importantly address the interaction between dexterity and mystic dispersion or at least make the other class masteries less trash?

The map was fine before, this adds unnecessary confusion for nothing. You could have just added more paths between segments on the old map. Portals seem to not work right occasionally, even a year after being introduced. So now what happens when this inevitably goes wrong in AW? File a ticket? Restart the quest? Come on man smh
    So this map... I don't like it.

But my question is: you guys had the time to overhaul the map, yet not consider the rewards being increased- nor more importantly address the interaction between dexterity and mystic dispersion or at least make the other class masteries less trash?

The map was fine before, this adds unnecessary confusion for nothing. You could have just added more paths between segments on the old map. Portals seem to not work right occasionally, even a year after being introduced. So now what happens when this inevitably goes wrong in AW? File a ticket? Restart the quest? Come on man smh

THIS! ^
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    They won't change how dexterity affect MD because it would cost them money, plain and simple.
  • BronxHugethBronxHugeth Posts: 36
    I like how Kabam Miike is ignoring the main point of the posts he is quoting. Removing defender kills makes them more $$$, plain and simple. Just admit it

We have addressed that a few times. As we said, that was not the goal with the change. The goal with the removal of Defender kills wasn't to increase the use of Potions or Revives, but to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there.

Mike, so the alliances that SPEND the most win plain and simple with 0 points for defender kills. There is no penalty for dying from placing a better defense. Are you lowering attaker points with each time they die on a node? Tell me there is a balance to reward skill over a fat wallet. Lower the number of items to less than 15 so teams don't just keep reviving and healing and spending more over teams who can't afford to spend. People didn't stop moving when they died and had 2 healthy champs. They stopped when they didn't want to spend to revive.
    You're game is turning into a totally money grab and it sucks. Seems like you have VCs making the decisions and not gamers.
    I like how Kabam Miike is ignoring the main point of the posts he is quoting. Removing defender kills makes them more $$$, plain and simple. Just admit it

We have addressed that a few times. As we said, that was not the goal with the change. The goal with the removal of Defender kills wasn't to increase the use of Potions or Revives, but to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there.

Mike, so the alliances that SPEND the most win plain and simple with 0 points for defender kills. There is no penalty for dying from placing a better defense. Are you lowering attaker points with each time they die on a node? Tell me there is a balance to reward skill over a fat wallet. Lower the number of items to less than 15 so teams don't just keep reviving and healing and spending more over teams who can't afford to spend. People didn't stop moving when they died and had 2 healthy champs. They stopped when they didn't want to spend to revive.
    You're game is turning into a totally money grab and it sucks. Seems like you have VCs making the decisions and not gamers.

Honestly, it's like you people don't play your own game. How about those testers?!? Do you let them see this beforehand?!? Can you guys ask us through polls and stuff on new content?
    They won't change how dexterity affect MD because it would cost them money, plain and simple.

You misunderstand me. My point is all masteries were supposed to be looked at because the others are useless in comparison. Instead of fixing that, they decided to fix a map that didn't need fixing. Removing defender kill points is not a fix either. They don't fix what needs to actually be fixed.

Champ diversity points will not be great enough to justify placing the usual high % of mystic defenders. Most people will not try if all you have to do is revive and it just becomes a game of who wants to use the most items. If I am wrong about how many diversity points are awarded being able to actually influence the outcome, I will be pleasantly surprised.

Furthermore, portals always seem to not work properly and now you have to travel farther before your first fight. You would hit your first fight using your second point of energy, now it is instead your third point. And again, what happens when the portal inevitably breaks as usual? Can't restart an alliance war like a regular quest. They should know better than using this feature in something that has group implications when it goes wrong. AQ has no portals and something is always going wrong there. This will be worse.

But we can wait and see (and prepare for uncompensated emergency maintenance)
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364

"We're removing defender kill points ... BUT upping attacker kill points!" --- which is ridiculous when both alliances get 100% explore (Which happens a TON in higher tier AW)

... so should state "We're removing defender kill points ... SO Alliance War becomes much more pay to win and when both alliances burn their wallets dry .... the WIN will come down to MUH DIVERSITY defenders!"

fml

Not just that but they say they got rid of thorns like they're doing us a favour, then they go an add nodes like flare which is just degen. Honestly that's just takes no skill or specific champ it's just unavoidable damage.

Layout seems good but I'm not a fan of flare either. Hope it's not on many nodes.

Thanks for sharing.

Why not? flare basically make you stronger then before ending fights fast
    We all know who's going on that flare node. Don't want to say it in case others haven't figured it out. But with 60 seconds to win the fight even with an increase to your attack, it won't matter if you have lag or unresponsive controls.

The layout is an eye sore and the extra tiles just make having to place defenders even more important. What happens if someone can't log in (current issue) or can't place defenders cause something came up? Life comes first but you still can't help apologizing the next time you talk to your alliance (if they don't kick you first).

Before you could overcome not having 10, 20 or 30 players in defense. Now with more tiles you can't afford not to have a full defense. Having just 50 defenders per group with over 100 tiles is the same as having 40 defenders in the old map.

Even though you adjusted the points you get per tile to roughly match exploration points in both maps, you increased attacker points and removed defender kill points.
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★

Flare is unavoidable damage (Degen). Thorns could be reasonably dealt with by using Crossbones or BW as well as using Pacify.

I'm guessing a skilled player is more likely to come out with more health from a thorns node than from a flare node.
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Think alot of ppl will retire including me. It's very obvious what's happening

fml

Thanks for sharing.

I meant thanks for sharing the video. As for flare, there are a lot of bugs in the game and now we'll be dealing with flare every 2 days. At least I can choose to not the Act 5 until some of the bugs are fixed. I have Vision and Ms. Marvel in my questing team. I can't avoid AW forever cause I am in an alliance. Can't stay and be selfish.
    Don't have an issue with Flare. Don't like it, but it is workable if it's like 5.1 Flare. Dare I say, it could be fun
  • OneslydoggOneslydogg Posts: 35
    Here is a peek at the map, mid way through the video... also here the voices of your favorite* admins!!

*very relative term
  • OneslydoggOneslydogg Posts: 35
    Whoops, didn't see someone already posted it
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

fml

Thanks for sharing.

I meant thanks for sharing the video. As for flare, there are a lot of bugs in the game and now we'll be dealing with flare every 2 days. At least I can choose to not the Act 5 until some of the bugs are fixed. I have Vision and Ms. Marvel in my questing team. I can't avoid AW forever cause I am in an alliance. Can't stay and be selfish.

The attack boost from flare is fun, but no champ is immune to Degen. If it's only on a few nodes then sure it'll Be fine. But if there's an entire path of it that will be disappointing, I don't think there will be but who knows. I'd rather face thorns than flare because it can be countered with ability accuracy. Tanky bleed immune champs on that node are going to do a significant amount of Degen damage to attackers. If it's just one node in a path then fair enough. But if there's a few on one path then there's a good chance you'll lose a couple of champs regardless of how well you play. That and the removal of defender kill points take away from the skill element that AW has. But until we've seen the full map and nodes it's all just speculation anyway, I think AW will still Be good, but we'll have to wait and see.

fml

Thanks for sharing.

The attack boost from flare is fun, but no champ is immune to Degen. If it's only on a few nodes then sure it'll Be fine. But if there's an entire path of it that will be disappointing, I don't think there will be but who knows. I'd rather face thorns than flare because it can be countered with ability accuracy. Tanky bleed immune champs on that node are going to do a significant amount of Degen damage to attackers. If it's just one node in a path then fair enough. But if there's a few on one path then there's a good chance you'll lose a couple of champs regardless of how well you play. That and the removal of defender kill points take away from the skill element that AW has. But until we've seen the full map and nodes it's all just speculation anyway, I think AW will still Be good, but we'll have to wait and see.

If they replace all Thorns nodes, there will be enough to make it annoying. Also there are champs aside from tanks who will be quite annoying on the flare nodes.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

fml

Thanks for sharing.

If they replace all Thorns nodes, there will be enough to make it annoying. Also there are champs aside from tanks who will be quite annoying on the flare nodes.

True, was just using that as an example. I can imagine people like evaders or Hyperion could be useful there too since you have to play a bit more defensively. But they'll still take massive bleed damage from the attack boost so maybe not as effective as champs like king groot or dormammu etc
  • I would like to know why the rewards haven't been adjusted along with the new map. Seems pretty stupid to me. You say you plan on doing that later but we will probably have bases before aw rewards gets looked at. You guys and your word don't mean much to the community anymore which is sad really. Just like 5 stars and t2a are more accessible? You just forgot to mention that we would have to sell a kidney to pay for all the extra accessibility.
This discussion has been closed.