**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I’ve figured out how the champs are categorized

Marvel Contest of Champions is a great mobile game where you can collect and battle with your favorite marvel characters... ya da ya da ya da.
Mcoc does have its bugs and stuff like that, but it also algorithms to keep it from leaning into a mess... AND I believe I’ve discovered one of them.
We all know the RNG and other computer stuff that Kabam tell us. We also know that the champions are categorized into 6 different classes. Technology. Mutants. Skill. Science. Mystic Arts. And Cosmic.
What Kabam do is find out what the champions main fighting skill is or where it comes from in the comics. No Surprise There.
I do agree that Iron Man is a tech class and Colossus is a Mutant and Dr Strange is a Mystic. What confuses me is from the right off the bat are champions that probably don’t belong in their respective classes... like Wolverine in the mutant class, because he is fighting with his claws... (Science oriented).
More on that in an upcoming video on my channel. What I was meaning to get to was the abilities. Each Class is special on their own with their champs having abilities related to that class.
Technology is a class of armor and armor break. They’re self explanatory.
Mutants were a little hard because they all are unique in abilities to eachother, but they have strength through they’re SPECIAL attacks. I have 2 examples:
1. Havok: his strength is in his strong damage output through specials
2. Omega Red: his sp2 activates the famous death field that is also produced when he bleeds, but he needs sp2 for champs that don’t cause bleed.
Skill haven’t special skills, so they work around the opponent and break through the smart route.
Science champs are reliant on weakening the opponent. More on that in my upcoming video.
Mystic Arts champs just disregard buffs on the opponents Or in Guillotine’s case... steal the opponents health.
Lastly... the over powered class... The Cosmic Champs like to bully into submission and overpower... with great power comes great responsibility.
If You want more proof... I’ll make a video or 2 about it. Please comment your thoughts.

Comments

• Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    It’s been quite well documented that each class has its sets of abilities designed to interact with other classes based on their relationships. Hence mystics being able to nullify the large amounts of buffs that cosmics trigger, skill champions being able to ignore the defensive abilities of science champions and shrug off their debuffs, the list goes on.
  • HeavyBr3athingHeavyBr3athing Posts: 144 ★★
    Wolverine had claws before the weapon X program..
  • ThehereticTheheretic Posts: 110
    Yes, the only reason Wolverine survived the adamantium bonding was because of his Mutant healing factor
    Now there are lots of questionable choices,
    Mr Sinister is not a Mutant, he was altered by apocalypse using Celestial technology- Science.
    I don't know about Mojo being Mystic but I don't know too much about him.
    Green Goblin should be Science, he uses his glider but he was created by a chemical in a lab.
    Blade should be mystic, his mother was a Vampire (she was pregnant when turned) and so his powers are largely based on this.
    There are many others- I don't think Doom should be Mystic, depends who writes him but generally he relies primarily on his advanced technology.

Speaking of the mind wandering. Cheers.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Yes, the only reason Wolverine survived the adamantium bonding was because of his Mutant healing factor
    Mr Sinister is not a Mutant, he was altered by apocalypse using Celestial technology- Science.
    Green Goblin should be Science, he uses his glider but he was created by a chemical in a lab.
    Blade should be mystic, his mother was a Vampire (she was pregnant when turned) and so his powers are largely based on this.
    There are many others- I don't think Doom should be Mystic, depends who writes him but generally he relies primarily on his advanced technology.

Vampires mystic? Not sure how you justify that.

Doom is correctly placed based on his background.

I do agree about GG, but know nothing about sinister or mojo.

But overall, I don't really care who's in what class. The majority are classed correctly.

Anyone who thinks wolvie is NOT a mutant should be banned for life!
  • Pin_the_AvengerPGT17Pin_the_AvengerPGT17 Posts: 333 ★★
    Ok, so most of your arguments are that I said isn’t a mutant... Magik is correctly placed in Mystic, despite being a mutant herself.
    Yes I did get controversial with Wolverine, and yes, I did forget that he had claws before the Weapon X. I was basing that argument off the claws. I did take into account the healing factor, but I forgot about how much the Wolverine champ relies on his Healing factor to be effective.

Yes... isolation is getting to me. Thank You for pointing that out. Bruh.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

GG created the chemical through his science and advanced oscorp tech so....
    He is kind of a science but he's more of a tech if u ask me
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Its been talked about before that some of the classes in game are reliant on where their primary abilities come from.

This was especially controversial with GG. In this case, all of his attacks are tech based. If he did more hand-fighting he would probably be closer to science like cap.

Remember there are a million comics and a million storylines and sometimes they choose a non-popular storyline or lesser known storyline from a champ, or they take a champ from a specific point in time. For example, Stark Spiderman isnt evolving with the MCU. he was plucked from the timeline after homecoming. He's not an avenger at this point, but has the stark suit, and not the mcu iron spider suit.

• Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Thor Ragnarok is still the exact same man as before...

So miljnor(hammer) is the only distinction between cosmic and skill?

• Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I mean they've said countless times that Marvel decides which class champs are. So if you're saying that champs are in the wrong class. You're essentially saying that Marvel doesn't know its own characters
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

Thor Ragnarok is still the exact same man as before...

So miljnor(hammer) is the only distinction between cosmic and skill?

my answer combined with another post about marvel deciding. Its always weird in some spots, but thor rag mainly just hits and punches besides sp3.