**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam stole my five star venom! [Not A Bug]

spider_munnspider_munn Posts: 3
edited September 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
I unknowingly used an "exploit" to gain rewards I wasn't entitled to, which I assume were a handful of five star crystal shards. I used them to purchase my first five star champion, then noticed a message saying things were going to be removed from my account. Instead of removing how ever many shards they thought was fair, they took my champion, along with all the other shards I'd spent on him that I earned genuinely from the beginning of the game, not to mention all the gold and catalysts I'd used levelling him over the past week and a half.
This is ridiculous, I've contacted the support team 4 times and keep getting back the same generic robot reply. I want to be reimbursed for being screwed around.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Cano29848Cano29848 Posts: 99
    If you used any of those shards that you gain during the exploit to buy your 5 star champion. I'm sorry to say but you got that one coming
  • I had no idea I'd even used a glitch to obtain anything though, by the time I received the message about it I'd already purchase the champion. I haven't done anything wrong, if I had I wouldn't be pursuing this so vigorously.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    One should always take the time to do something right the first time, or else spend even more time trying to fix it.

What I mean is people should look at the rewards of the game to make sure they're getting the right ones.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Yeah a greater than usual amount of 5* shards popped into your account after doing some quests and you didn't notice. I believe you.
    Sorry but you screwed yourself around mate, not the other way around. Consider yourself lucky Kabam didn't give you a temporary ban for your exploits, whether they were done unknowingly or not.
  • Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    A thief who doesn't know they're stealing is still a thief.

Kabam didn't steal anything from you; it's more likely the other way around.
  • Awesomeness44Awesomeness44 Posts: 139
    edited September 2017
    I agree with @spider_munn i think accidentally exploiting and getting all those stuff u earned the right way taken away isn't fair. And when I got my first 5* crystal, I opened that right away, I was so excited. Not like he was gonna wait. But,, why were u ranking up a venom anyway?
  • I was close to completing a 5* before I even started the heroic or master mode about half way through the month waiting for a energy sale to try legends run. This game is set up to push through as much content as possible in as little time, arena and legends time runs are proof of that. Stopping to evaluate every single reward is going to work against you. This builds the habit of just blowing past those rewards screen. Players arent the content creators. Like i said I was already close to completing another 5* and constantly get SA shards Arena shards and Quest shards. My 7th 5* was finally decent and Kabam took it for their own error and kept my shards and all the gold, iso and cats i had to R2 her and zerod my 4* and 5* shards. They took more than they should have to balance it out. They made a far bigger rewards mistake a while back and giving players insane amounts of hero crystals and they let them keep the rewards. Any rewards gained from this pale in comparison. What pours salt on the wound is when Kabam admits we didnt exploit it but they are still going to take more than they should because we should know our exact balance and every quests exact rewards, ridiculous and unfair. I'll keep playing but will never spend another dollar unless they give me back my champ at R2. They should let everyone know exactly the excess rewards and deduct going foward. I would have no problem with that but they took the lazy way out for thier own mistake.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    I'm doing okay and I go at my own pace. No need to worry about featured arenas or legend times. I have also never spent money on this game.

I'm doing Act 5 slowly. My alliance plays for fun, we try and win wars and do as much as we cab in the AQ. Some of us have rank 5 4* and aren't even trying.

The point is, enjoy the game where you are in the moment. There's no need to rush.
  • MrFuriousXMrFuriousX Posts: 8
    Lol....I didn't know I was exploiting.....
    Relax ...be glad they did not perm ban you...

"We have identified which accounts took advantage of this exploit, and how many times they took advantage of it"
  • Titan the theifs are the people who ran these events multiple times and knowingly took advantage. Kabam acknowledged that certain players didnt and still penalized them beyond what they recieved taking excessivly, thats closer to a thief. Then just playing regularly and opening crystals as they complete.

akh7z5rpfh0p.png
  • HailTheGreat1HailTheGreat1 Posts: 40
    edited September 2017
    spider munn said it was his 1st 5 star and it makes sense to atleast R2 every 5* for t4bc arena extra points.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    To be fair it's possible to have have just not noticed that the rewards were different and honestly that's not stealing if you really didn't know (despite what some people are saying). After all, this isn't real life, you didn't break in somewhere and take something, it was just an in game bug.

However, Kabam doesn't have a way to establish who did it on purpose and who didn't. Putting in tickets to support is probably all you can do unless they have a help line you can call. Even then you need to be able to prove you weren't abusing the exploit.

So, yeah that sucks. Thankfully I'd already run the quest long before this exploit occurred and finished it. Not sure how they are going to handle all these people who were just running the quests normally.

How many times did you do the same pathway?
  • I still actually have no idea what the actual exploit was, but if it was anything to do with the event quest I only ran each pathway once on normal and heroic, then like two paths in the first level of the master one.
  • I ran each path in heroic and master once. SlyCat Kabam they were going after those who did exploit it and if you look at my screenshot they do have the ability to filter out who DIDNT exploit. Kabams solution included taking more than they had given to NONEXPLOITERS for something that was their fault which for me was almost 10k in 5* shards, 4* shards and resources to R2 5*. Theres no justification for that and they need to correct or I'll okay without making purchases to support the game.
  • I ran each path in heroic and master once.

So while the glitch was on, you decided to run every path on heroic and master? That's a bit of a coincidence seeing as you said you didn't know the glitch was running!!

I smell BS

• How long was the glitch on for? and was it on while the 22hr solo event quest completion was active?
  • I got hit with exploiting too. I didn't know I was doing it either. And for all you that think everyone who says they didn't know is lying: If I knew about the glitch, I woulda milked that bad boy for all it's worth. (It was there for anyone to do it, so I don't really agree with that it was unfair and it was caused by Kabam) I got a 7 day ban. Pfft, I was busy with work so it flew by. I was only mad that I couldn't log in and collect my daily cards that I paid for.

Its been over for a while now, but they haven't ranked any of my champs down yet. I've tried to contact Kabam (only after my ban was up) and ask how much I took, and when the glitch had started, and who will be ranked down and can I get a pro-rated refund for the daily cards I couldn't collect.

The only thing Kabam every responds with (3 responses now, last was on Sept. 3 @ 3:22pm) how it was unfair, some will get a full, some will get temporary, blah blah blah. The last part though is what gets me every time: Please note, Support will not overturn the suspension of this account. Bravo for at least changing up the response a little bit for those who are already off the ban...

I played the monthly event quest when it first came out and the solo challenge was about completing it. I came in 1st place on August 5 for the solo challenge (I got pics). I played them again when the next solo challenge was about completing them, but this time I only did it to get the last goal. If the solo event came out a 3rd time, I can't remember if I played it again, but I was grinding every solo challenge I could because I wanted those 4* sig stones.

I even contacted several of the moderators in private messages as well. None have gotten back to me. I just wanted to know some things.

I checked out the BBB website to see if they could help force a human response out of Kabam. WOW!!! The BBB gave them an A+! Kabam has 496 customer complaints registered with BBB. Each complaint filed makes Kabam answer initially and the customer is allowed a follow up question. Wouldn't you know it, Kabam issued generic auto-responses for this too. Then the BBB would say, this complaint has been resolved!!!

I have 3 5* champs, none are higher than level 2. Take 'em, Kabam, they're mid-tier champs. I'm not spending another penny. All you people that called the OP a thief, be careful out there. Even if you don't spend money (you're welcome by the way, spenders make freemiums continue) you'll be upset when your roster is affected.

Players don't have a single protection.

• WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    I ran each path in heroic and master once.

So while the glitch was on, you decided to run every path on heroic and master? That's a bit of a coincidence seeing as you said you didn't know the glitch was running!!

I smell BS

Would you happen to know the actual criteria/guidlines that were set in place by Kabam to determine what level of play or actions flagged a player to have taken advantage of "an exploit". And if you'd be so kind as to to enlighten me of when is considered a good or bad time to run quests and in what quantity for it not to smell like BS to trained observers? And lastly, what would be the technical definition of "taking advantage of an exploit" and "gained excess due to an unknown and unannounced error"?
    How long was the glitch on for? and was it on while the 22hr solo event quest completion was active?

Were you spying on me when I was playing?? LOL
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    The exploit was active during a 22 hour solo event.
  • Jkw634 wrote: »

There are multiple 22 hour solo events. Was it the Event Quest Completion one?

• I still actually have no idea what the actual exploit was, but if it was anything to do with the event quest I only ran each pathway once on normal and heroic, then like two paths in the first level of the master one.

I think the actual glitch was that even though you already completed the first path of any map/course/idk what you call it- and collected the initial rewards - every time you completed another path on the same map/course/idk what you call it, you got rewarded with the initial stuff again. Normally you get a lot less for doing it a second time, etc.

Or maybe it was even though you got the reward for 100% completing a section, every time you ran a path on a 100% completed section you got the reward given for when you 100% complete the section. (I'm sure there was a better way to write that).

• PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    Did they at least give you the shards that were legitimate that you spent on the crystal back? If not, I see no reason you should continue to play. That's unacceptable.
    @Part_time_guy1, I dont know when the glitch started, but yes the event completion event was active coinciding with the glitch. I was speed running the paths to make RR also, just as you had mentioned.
  • HailTheGreat1HailTheGreat1 Posts: 40
    edited September 2017
    brgfpd8jk93t.png

Ran each path once. In the past Kabam has had reduced energy sales for units so I was waiting to see if they had one for a shot at legends run. About halfway through the event period there was no sale so I started and never repeated a single path. As can be seen in Kabams message they had the tools to determine I didnt cheat or exploit thier mistake. This bug is from something Kabam went in and changed but they penalized the honest players items anyway. They did a ban on the explioters for those who try to throw everyone in the same pool.

Im not spending money on the game anymore unless this is corrected and if it never is fixed then Im fine never spending money on the game again so. Kabam loses revenue from more players with these lazy decisions.

Dave the D is just here to argue, he has no constructive input and is going to flag comments he dissagrees with because he doesnt have the comprehension level, pity for him.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★

Jkw634 wrote: »

There are multiple 22 hour solo events. Was it the Event Quest Completion one?

My bad did not clarify. Yeah it was a 22 hour solo event quest completion active at the same time.

• Part_time_guy1Part_time_guy1 Posts: 25
    edited September 2017
    I ran each path in heroic and master once.

I smell BS

When the solo event is the "event quest completion" I play the same path one over and over until I get to the last achievement. Usually 3.1 or 3.2 on Heroic gives me the most points in the shortest amount of time. I think Brian Grant even tells his subscribers which path to take when the event quest completion challenge is up.

And if the glitch was on while that solo event was on, do you smell BS in these people too?

Why wouldn't Kabam just send out an in-game message to all the players informing us not to do that challenge? Why wouldn't Kabam just lock the event quest? Why wouldn't they lock the solo challenge? What, are they gonna claim they didn't notice the glitch was simultaneously running as the event quest completion challenge?

Now that's the BS of it.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey guys. This thread isn't about a bug, and isn't constructive at all. Closing it down.
This discussion has been closed.