**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Take another look

Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

This just blatantly isn’t true, until April 2019 opponents could NEVER throw specials while their block is being hit unless you hit them really slowly, and unless the ai hits us really slowly neither can we, but this bug isn’t the speed we hit their block, you can hit them the fastest you possibly can and they still throw it, and we can’t, please look at this properly rather than burying it in lies

Comments

• Options
    Nothing kabam?
  • Options
    NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    i don't read the forums regularly so didn't know this was a posted issue, but i have noticed this for awhile as well. it's very frustrating.
  • Options

End of the day they cant take constructive criticism very well... when they do something wrong they cant admit to it... only come up with excuses of why they arent wrong...

Exactly
  • Options

It legitimately took me less time successfully throwing a special into an opponent attacking my block than it took me creating this gif out of the original recording.

And that wasn’t always doable, it’s a bug, not a fixed issue as they claim or something that was never an issue
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

It legitimately took me less time successfully throwing a special into an opponent attacking my block than it took me creating this gif out of the original recording.

And that wasn’t always doable, it’s a bug, not a fixed issue as they claim or something that was never an issue
    I can neither deny nor confirm that since I didn't test this when the supposed bug wasn't a thing yet.

This was more about the claim that we can not do what the ai can do.

As to the bug itself, I never had an opponent throw a special out of a block and was 100% certain that my input timing wasn't simply messy. With that I don't want to say that this isn't a thing, but I really don't get what makes anyone so certain about it.

It should be pretty easy to find out. There should be a clear window of [X] frames between attacks into a block. This window might have changed, but as a matter of fact the current size of that window allows us to do the same things the ai can do.

We can dex out of blocking hits as well as parrying multiple times in succession and throwing specials.
    Ok, yeah (unlike kabam) I’ll admit I was wrong saying we couldn’t do actions the ai could, but the ai throwing specials in block now is a certain, it’s happened hundreds of times and has only happened since the April update last year, it happens most frequently when using chanps like omega red, but before that update it was always 100% safe as long as you aren’t doing it really slow, and that part is a 100% issue, they even announced they made some sort of fix in September for it which was a complete fail, and now, despite mentioning an attempted fix, they’re saying it’s always been there and isn’t a bug, which is the blatant lie part of this
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    It’s happened most with champions like omega red void one ther 3 to last hit from blok ikow if u do 5 u get combos. So one to 3 to 4 hit something is of
  • Options
    Gamer said:

It’s happened most with champions like omega red void one ther 3 to last hit from blok ikow if u do 5 u get combos. So one to 3 to 4 hit something is of

Yeah, it’s a definite bug, should only be possible if a combo is finished not mid combo
  • Options
    DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    I have been playing OR at max sig for over a year, before this bug or fix or change happened with the April 2019 update. This was the one that introduced Annihilus/HT and where this issue (along with the break w backdash intercepts) became immediately noticeable across all game modes.

Kabam, at first you said it was always possible, then you reported progress on this, and now again say it it was always possible.

This stinks.
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

I can neither deny nor confirm that since I didn't test this when the supposed bug wasn't a thing yet.

As to the bug itself, I never had an opponent throw a special out of a block and was 100% certain that my input timing wasn't simply messy. With that I don't want to say that this isn't a thing, but I really don't get what makes anyone so certain about it.

It should be pretty easy to find out. There should be a clear window of [X] frames between attacks into a block. This window might have changed, but as a matter of fact the current size of that window allows us to do the same things the ai can do.

We can dex out of blocking hits as well as parrying multiple times in succession and throwing specials.
    Ok, yeah (unlike kabam) I’ll admit I was wrong saying we couldn’t do actions the ai could, but the ai throwing specials in block now is a certain, it’s happened hundreds of times and has only happened since the April update last year, it happens most frequently when using chanps like omega red, but before that update it was always 100% safe as long as you aren’t doing it really slow, and that part is a 100% issue, they even announced they made some sort of fix in September for it which was a complete fail, and now, despite mentioning an attempted fix, they’re saying it’s always been there and isn’t a bug, which is the blatant lie part of this
    I honestly didn't know that they officially had a fix for that, or as the screenshot beneath shows improved on it. That certainly is a good indicator that there is/was in fact a problem.

I didn't intend to shame you or anything, apologies if that was the way it seemed.

The main issue I had is that with many threads I've seen about this topic there have always been these claims that the ai is capable of doing something we can't do. That's why I just quickly wanted to try this out and test this very aspect.

That however was not your main point, which I now understand.

I also wasn't aware that this supposedly happened more often with specific champs, champs I only use as 4* versions in arena.

Thanks for explaining!
    It’s fine, if something I say is proven wrong I don’t have an issue admitting it, it is mainly certain chanps, I’m not 100% sure if it’s just the play style but I’m pretty sure it isn’t, the most frequent matchup it happens in is omega vs thing, nearly every time thing throws the specials, they announced it to be a bug and made a fix that failed, and now they’re pretending that it’s fixed, hence the anger towards the issue
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

I honestly didn't know that they officially had a fix for that, or as the screenshot beneath shows improved on it. That certainly is a good indicator that there is/was in fact a problem.

I didn't intend to shame you or anything, apologies if that was the way it seemed.

The main issue I had is that with many threads I've seen about this topic there have always been these claims that the ai is capable of doing something we can't do. That's why I just quickly wanted to try this out and test this very aspect.

That however was not your main point, which I now understand.

I also wasn't aware that this supposedly happened more often with specific champs, champs I only use as 4* versions in arena.

Thanks for explaining!
    It’s fine, if something I say is proven wrong I don’t have an issue admitting it, it is mainly certain chanps, I’m not 100% sure if it’s just the play style but I’m pretty sure it isn’t, the most frequent matchup it happens in is omega vs thing, nearly every time thing throws the specials, they announced it to be a bug and made a fix that failed, and now they’re pretending that it’s fixed, hence the anger towards the issue
    That's understandable. Also thanks for the even clearer variables, I'll certainly do some testing with omega vs thing and void/omega in general, since now I'm really curious.

Has anything ever directly hinted at this being somewhat device related? As in possibly a delay in input timing leading to your champ actually attacking not as fast as possible although you are tapping the screen as fast as possible?
    Don’t think so, the youtubers get it on their new iPhones I get it on my iPhone 7 and my super old iPad so I don’t think that’s that much to do with it
  • Options
    At least they’ve just said they’ll keep working on backdrafts rather than dismissing it
  • Options
    SparkAlot said:

Jestress said:

"improve" it some more.

See, that is the problem. On one hand, they said that it has "always been the case", yet, they tried(?) to fix it once, but that fix didn't fix it.

Would be better if Kabam just said "We changed the AI speed so they can do this." then hand out some compensation and move on.

This was proven in multiple videos by CCP people like Hector, or look at Prof. Skill videos where they clearly show that the AI did get sped up. It all started on patch 22, before that, none of this was possible.
    Yeah, I’d much rather them just say they aren’t fixing it than come up with these silly excuses (lies) about it never being an issue when they’ve even tried to fix it, obviously the best solution is it being fixed, but I’d rather it be announced that it’s staying as is than just be ambiguous but not fixed for years on end
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★

Now go and try that in end game content please. I'm curious if you're going to have that easy of a time then. My prediction: you won't
  • Options
    As we mentioned in the post you shared the screenshot of, we'll be keeping an eye on things in case something is occurring that shouldn't be possible. What we're seeing right now though is something that both the computer and players are capable of doing. As this topic has already been addressed in the quoted thread, this thread will now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.