**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Corvus Armor Break Bug?

Damage inflicted on opponents does not seem to be working correctly with one and two stacks of armor break, as evidenced in the attached photo. A strike with no armor breaks causes 5,696 damage, then with one armor break causes the same 5,696 amount of damage. Then, with two stacks of armor break, the damage amount is 4,139. This fight was map 6 of AQ yesterday. Thanks for checking on this issue!

Comments

• kenadroidkenadroid Posts: 427 ★★★
    It's the same in mine when I fought iceman. Lol
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Corvus ignores armor with his True Damage buff. You'll never see a increase in damage. The decrease you see from fight to fight is due to physical resistance of a champion.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Corvus ignores armor with his True Damage buff. You'll never see a increase in damage. The decrease you see from fight to fight is due to physical resistance of a champion.

To me at least that looks like the same fight, so not sure how physical resistance would vary
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

To me at least that looks like the same fight, so not sure how physical resistance would vary
    He said opponents, i wasn't really referring to the pictures.
  • edited February 2020
    Hey there, do you happen to remember what Buffs were active for that fight?
  • Two_IcesTwo_Ices Posts: 11
    Yep, it’s node 5 on map 6... sp1 bias, unblockable sp1 and +100% attack... it also happened on node 17 with sp1 bias, +200% attack and aspect of nightmares... to clarify, those pictures were all from the same fight with storm on node 5
  • Two_IcesTwo_Ices Posts: 11

There's a bug with Physical Resistance and Armor Break. Armor Break increases Physical Resistance for some reason.

This must be the answer... I forgot about the honor rewards buff and checked it... we ran +40% physical resistance yesterday... thanks for the response! Corvus appears to be working fine today.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Armor Break and Physical Resistance interaction is broken
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

There's a bug with Physical Resistance and Armor Break. Armor Break increases Physical Resistance for some reason.

It’s a little more nuanced than that, up to a certain point negative armor rating reduces your critical damage.

Non crits see an increase in damage with negative armor rating and there is a point in negative armor rating that you stop reducing your critical damage.
  • BrazenhutBrazenhut Posts: 131
    edited April 2020

Hey there, do you happen to remember what Buffs were active for that fight?

Is there an explanation for this? Facing the same issue in arena and monthly event quest as well. The damage with 2 armor breaks is less then the damage with 1 armor break. This is continuing to happen. As far as I remember, with 2 armor breaks, the damage output used to be the same and when corvus inflicted more than 2 armor breaks, the damage used to be higher. Please look into this.