**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 5.3 help

EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

This is my roster, Ægon will be awakened within a week. I could really just use any help you can give me, thanks.

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Any ideas for teams on each chapter? I also heard something about special attack power reduction where I could spam Sp1's with Sparky. Which chapter(s) could that work in? Hyperion Boss also looks like a pain, any ideas? I could really just use anything before I have a real attempt.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    I'm also currently on 5.3, but the fights don't seem too hard. Mostly just longer due to the attack reduction. Ive only finished up to the third quest, so I think I'll tackle hype today and tell you how he goes

I basically did the entire quests with my r4 5* cmm
  • StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★
    Just power through it, you've got the champs. Chose the map specific class when possible, although your top three champs will probably do most of the heavy lifting anyways. Mcoc-guide and Seatin provides the easy paths. Hyperion goes down pretty easy, your Corvus will melt him. I'd recommend you to focus on your 5*'s rather than your 4*'s and get that Blade, Torch and Symbiote Supreme to rank 4.
    I believe the best advice is just to throw yourself at it, follow the recommended paths, read the nodes and add one or two class specific champs when possible. The easy paths are quite nice as is the whole completion of act 5. The exploration however is where some of the more tricky nodes show up but that is pretty fun too. And of course, a sweet stash of units is always comforting to have.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    If you are just going for completion, just smash through with your top champs. The only issue is it’s a little long. Hyperion really isn’t that bad. Just hit him 1-2 times after each baited L1 and it’s fine. Just be patient with him.

Lol just read what Stellan said. Do that
    Stellan said:

Just power through it, you've got the champs. Chose the map specific class when possible, although your top three champs will probably do most of the heavy lifting anyways. Mcoc-guide and Seatin provides the easy paths. Hyperion goes down pretty easy, your Corvus will melt him. I'd recommend you to focus on your 5*'s rather than your 4*'s and get that Blade, Torch and Symbiote Supreme to rank 4.
    I believe the best advice is just to throw yourself at it, follow the recommended paths, read the nodes and add one or two class specific champs when possible. The easy paths are quite nice as is the whole completion of act 5. The exploration however is where some of the more tricky nodes show up but that is pretty fun too. And of course, a sweet stash of units is always comforting to have.

Will Corvus actually be able to handle these quests with the 50% attack reduction? I imagine getting his first charge is gonna be a big pain.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 508 ★★★
    I think the last 3 quest have at least 1 path each with the power reserve node. Those paths you can stun lock with stark spidey, except for a few fights. DOT champs work well to overcome the annoying weakness. AA did the most work for me. But your corvus will own the cosmic quest, stealth spidey and blade will carry the skill, Stark Spidey and warlock can carry the tech quest, etc.

my advice would be to go into each chapter, look at all the paths, figure out which node looks easiest for you, and then build a team around that regardless of the weakness. It will just make some fights longer.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I just finished the hype quest, and most of the time, he threw his specials. Occasionally he would hold it, but I got a decent chunk of damage each time. I mostly baited his sp2
  • StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★
    Etjama said:

Stellan said:

Will Corvus actually be able to handle these quests with the 50% attack reduction? I imagine getting his first charge is gonna be a big pain.
    He's rank 5, he will most certainly do more than all your other options. You may need to do some fighting without crits but I would absolutely recommend you to focus on him as he probably out damages everything even with weakness applied. Just be prepared for long fights, try to be patient and not rush the fights and you will breeze through it without spending to much.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    Your roster can certainly do d initial clear. it will just take some hits to get them down if your using champs not in the right class.
  • TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 613 ★★★
    You r5 ur unawaken Aegon... Seriously,...
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    You have a stacked roster to be still hesitant on 5.3
    Just go In with your usual champs and do it
    It’s not that hard overall
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Take up Torch, the DoT will help a lot.
    TheSaith said:

Read my 1st message. He'll be awakened within a week. I have a generic gem that I'm going to use on him if I don't pull skill from the Baron Wars event (I'm going for shards next week.)
    HT is good to rank up
    Etjama said:

TheSaith said:

Read my 1st message. He'll be awakened within a week. I have a generic gem that I'm going to use on him if I don't pull skill from the Baron Wars event (I'm going for shards next week.)
    Ohky, i duped him today after using skill gem on him yesterd
    edited April 2020

Haha, I thought it would be hard! Thanks for your help everyone!
  • Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 297 ★★
    back to the day when i had to exlore act 5 with 4 star champions. not even those beyond god tiers. 5.3 is just freaking long. but it's easy