**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Experience with turning of suicides after a long time?

DonnymeijDonnymeij Posts: 846 ★★★
Hi. I am. Thinking about giving up on suicide masteries and wanted to know if anyone else has used them for a long time and turned them off. How was de experience.
The reason I want to turn them off is because I would like to be able to play all my Champs well instead of just a few.
I got suicides because I pulled 5* ghost, corvus and omega. But I noticed I started using ghost and omega less and less as of recent. But also hesitate to pick other Champs because they do not work well with suicides masteries.
I will need to unlock deep wounds and other masteries at the cost of about 6k units. But that can come with time.

How was your experience after turning them of. Did you notice a significant drop in damage output? Or was it a positive experience.

Comments

• OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    I’ve been hesitant in doing certain content
    I usually use champs like Corvus G99 and BWCV they are mainly in AWAQ
    And rn I’m doing 6.2.5 and void works great for the boss
    But suicides don’t work well for him and I need as many champs alive as possible
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 297 ★★★
    I also recently dropped suicides and as a poster above mentioned it is liberating to be able to fire off specials more frequently. You will miss the damage though.

If you grind in arenas be prepared for longer fights. Typically I do the milestones for every arena. With suicides I pretty much had all the milestones achieved with a day ish to spare, without.. sometimes I fail to reach all the milestones in the final arena because I'm just not into it lol.

But if you plan on being a big participant in incursions dropping suicides is a good idea imo. Sure you get jacked with hacks but that health loss of 5% really takes a toll due to the sheer number of fights you fo through. Just my thoughts and went I ultimately dropped suicides. Good luck on your choice.
  • Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    This is something I debate all the time. So torn, love the damage hate being limited on using specials. For monthly eq I fly through with no issues. Act 6 and now Incursions have me thinking about taking them off.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Arena is the only area where it's really a pain. You adjust to everything else far more quickly than you'd expect. I pretty much only put them back on for new end game content
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    I usually use them to brute force new content lol 6.4 or variants Since I use my main champs of Corvus BWCV blade g99 and a filler champ
    But to strategize and explore I have to take them off to preserve as much health as possible
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    I ran them for a long time and then when void came out I dropped them for that event quest and never turned them back on. I missed the damage for awhile but back then I only had r3 5* and r4 4*s.. so eventually through rank ups I have champs now that do way more damage. I really do enjoy using all of my champs utility and don’t think I’d ever turn them back on except for some quirky reason.
  • Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    edited April 2020
    So for those of you have made the change from running suicides to not. What do your masteries look like? Max despair, dw and assassin's? Points in glass canon? Likely md if you're making use of a mystic champ.
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 297 ★★★
    Right now I'm trying out a different mastery setup and I gotta say it's pretty sweet. For offense, I only put 3 in precision (don't even notice the missing points but still max cruelty) and 3 in despair, 4 in DW and maxed assassin and with an extra point in courage. I still run 1 point in willpower (mostly for aq). I run 5 in limber for war and 4 in MD.

I'm thinking of getting petrify and pacify which would mean dropping willpower but so far I haven't really missed those yet. I don't run a lot of bleeders so 3 points could be freed from DW. I mostly put them there cause I used Blade trinity for this months eq. The problem is that only frees 3 so..yeah I dunno where I would get another 3 points from just yet.

I'll likely keep tweaking and see.

• HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    Had all of them unlocked for over a month now and not planning on turning them off anytime soon. Needless to say, the hp loss can be worked around with immunities, synergies, and gameplay. They even help turn on the Courage mastery.

I don't really care if my champs have 90% health or 5% health at the end of a path, as long as I won it with the least possible amount of resources and effort.
  • Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 297 ★★
    i have 10 maxed 5 star and a rank 2 6 star. but tbh, i only use corvus, omega red , nick and quake since i run suicides. i did turn it off once but turned it on back after 1 day because the drop in damage make arena suck.
    there are so many champions that i can't use with suicides, not really can't but because i have better choices so i don't touch them.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,683 ★★★★★
    Masteries are basically utilities for your champions. Now if those utilities serve a specific set of champions, and you're willing to sacrifice your champions' health, then you must have a very specific reason for running them. However, for the majority of champions, and content, suicides are not friendly. Especially if you're not a top end player. Not all of us are highly skilled, and picking the correct masteries can help you significantly in progressing through more difficult content. Switching my masteries helped me a lot. I invested in Glass Cannon, Despair, Deep Wounds, Assassin, Willpower, Inequity and Resonate and they have helped me massively in my gameplay. They provide an excellent balance of utility that suicides do not.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Its really up to you depending on what champs you are running, I run Stealth and Nick Fury so I don't run suicides
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I turned them off for abyss and left them off, my arena grind was hell without them, won’t be leaving them off again
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,683 ★★★★★
    Glad to hear that it worked out for you OP, good for you ✌🏽
  • MityAntMityAnt Posts: 151
    Kabam needs to offer larger % Champion Boosts or let us double up..60% damage increase without suicides would be nice!
  • FayyaazFayyaaz Posts: 6
    I actually on the same boat. I have been running suicides non-stop for over a year now as i am a heavy arena grinder and complete all milestones on all arenas. Also in AQ/AW/EQ i use suicide friendly champs like ghost, omega, corvus, namor, bwcv, quake, warlock, guilly2099 etc. I never thought of taking suicides off till the new variant came out and the experience was significant enough to create doubts in my mind about turning suicides back on. it was really liberating to play some of my favorite champs like sym supreme, venom, stark spidey without suicides, who have been sitting on bench for a long time as they aren't suicide friendly. Also getting the chance to play with mystics with 4 points in MD reminded me of how fun it was playing those champs when i wasn't using suicides. So i have been in a dilemma ever since. On one hand, i am loving the liberty of using my non suicide champs like blade, venom, void, hyperion, my mystic champs and using as many specials as i want without thinking of health loss. On the other hand, ARENA GRINDING SUCKS without suicides!!! I have thought of turning suicides on/off depending on what i am playing but thats costly as it takes roughly 80-100 units each time i shuffle through my masteries. at this point i am not sure what i want to do. I will probably turn suicides on as arena is the content i spend most of my time in. At the same time not being able to use the other champs breaks my heart :disappointed: