**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Would you rather have consistent new champions or have multiple older champions buffed.

limeade32limeade32 Posts: 404 ★★
Ive seen people on the forum say they would prefer to have buffs to older champions as opposed to the regularly scheduled champions releases, so I am curious to see how people vote. I am assuming that It would be much easier for kabam to buff old champions than to make new ones, so I think that they could buff around 4-6 champions per month instead of the 2 new champions we would get every month.

Would you rather have consistent new champions or have multiple older champions buffed. 124 votes

Consistent 2 new champions per month
20%
GroundedWisdomGamerUncle_Fatty_247MityAntDuke_SilverHilldarCpAmericanoKillerRino19VoltolosX_Factor_Agentdangarang122Thicco_Modems_5707983H3t3rTyler1620Ya_Boi_28Dragonjax64GinjabredMonstaKing_Leo321FiiNCH 26 votes
Multiple older champions buffed per month (around 4-8)
79%
Jh_DezBigPoppaCBONEMcord11758SnakeEyes69SnizzbarMagicBentonTimone147KaruseusbenshbTendersquadzuffyKrzysaltPcc880SMRkaGK_23TheVyrusBlackfriar63crogsgannicus0830Irakli 98 votes

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’d rather have reworks since we actually have the champs rather than probably waiting 6 months to get them, but new champs are where the big mo ru is at for kabam so they won’t change it
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    They could update synergies to make them more useful. Like, you know how a lot of champs have their own signature local node? Like Ægons carrying 100% of his combo and it increasing by 5 each second or something? Those, but for currently bad champs so they can be a little more optimized.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Let’s be honest: If they stopped putting useful Synergies on new characters and directly applied the buffs to the characters themselves, we wouldn’t need these reworks

Totally serious — look at OG Iron Man. One of the weakest characters in the game, right? That’s fair to say?

Now go to Aunt M.ai and look at his Synergies.

If they had just placed the buffs from Knowledge Share, Tech Breakthrough, House of Iron, Advanced Tech and Extreme Conditions Kit directly on the character instead of spreading those out over FIVE, repeat FIVE, different characters, you would actually have a good character who you could use in today’s meta.

It’s crazy to me. You literally need more characters than there are available slots to make OG Iron Man relevant today.

I hated Synergies from Day 1 because no character should need another character to be good

• doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    I hope kabam pays attention to this poll 😊
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    I’m like to get the new champions that what I’m love a abudt this game and never se any new champions wil made it boring
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    I am totally serious, by the way: Synergies are one of the worst things this game does
  • PyrdaPyrda Posts: 255 ★★
    1 new 1 rework of the older 2015/2016 champions
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The drive for new Champs has always been a prime motivator for the game. I'm not down for taking that away.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    🧐
  • Consistent 2 new champions per month
    I'd rather have new champs and they sprinkle in a buffed oldie every now and then. New champs and content is how the game grows and progresses and eventually the champs people favor now may be considered old and obsolete. Plus either way people are gunna be upset because the buff champs may not be the omega god tier they were hoping for.
  • MaesterAegonMaesterAegon Posts: 63
    Definitely would love to see 1 and 1 as well. Hoping Magneto gets a rework next.
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Honestly, new champs every month is overwhelming. Also they arent being added to the old content unless kabam rework the older content. I think buffing the old champs would make old and new content more fun and would also allow more options for defenders and attackers In everyone’s roster.
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★

I'd rather have new champs and they sprinkle in a buffed oldie every now and then. New champs and content is how the game grows and progresses and eventually the champs people favor now may be considered old and obsolete. Plus either way people are gunna be upset because the buff champs may not be the omega god tier they were hoping for.

Tbh everyone doesn’t have to be god tier. Atleast USEABLE. Like Bishop or ronan isn’t godtier but when their time to shine comes, they shine. I want my 6* diablo to have a purpose .-.

• SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020

I’m not game developer, but I would assume buffing champions takes time. Buffing 4-8 champions per month is completely absurd. Many tests are required, let alone beta testings that need to take place.

They didn't do a Beta for Gamora and that went OK. And I doubt it took that much time to code and test internally.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

I’m not game developer, but I would assume buffing champions takes time. Buffing 4-8 champions per month is completely absurd. Many tests are required, let alone beta testings that need to take place.

I think the problem is that they need man power to do extensive testing to make sure the champ isn't too broken. It's all calculated for a certain outcome. Kabam takes their time on everything to make sure the result is as close to what they desire as possible.

It makes sense especially with the betas when they discover an advantage they didn't expect they usually nerf it..
  • MaesterAegonMaesterAegon Posts: 63
    Definitely would love to see 1 and 1 as well. Hoping Magneto gets a rework next.
  • SlayerzzSlayerzz Posts: 399
    I guess it is good to buff old champs because it is just not good to see some champs like ironman,hulk and cap who are awesome in movies do so little damage in game and champs like nick fury who are weak in movies do god tier damage in game.So I would prefer buffing old champs
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Updating 4 - 8 Old champions per month is may too many, It would take a long time to buff them all maybe 1-2 every 3 months would be fine for me but 4-8 per month is way too many, and not enough time would be taken into buffing them
  • KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    Dont get me wrong i'd love some more reworks as the next guy but let's be real one of the main things that attracts new players and keeps a good part of the money spending comunity of the game playing is Kabam adding constantly new champions.
    Could they be a little faster with the reworks or give them a bigger priority? Maybe, but since the reworks dont really bring them a profit, it isnt really worth it to allocate more of the budget for them and so It could be that they just do it in a manner that wouldnt intervere with thier future plans and the overall profit.