**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

2015 and Regular Rank Up Gem - Same Class

I have a 2015 3-4 tech rank up gem and a general (non 2015) tech 3-4 rank up gem but every time I try to rank up my 5* vision is appears that the only gem I am able to use is the general non-2015. I really don’t want to accidentally use the general gem when I could use the 2015 gem so would be good to get some clarity on this. Screen shot of the rank up screen is below. I’ve tried using the item from the item use screen but every time I go to the champion screen it just shows the non-2015 gem.

s04oo7fx798g.jpeg

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    If you're worried, you can use up the non-general rank up gem on a non-2015 champ first, then rank up Vision afterwards.

Just a suggestion. =)
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 454 ★★★
    Go to the actual 2015 item in your inventory then press "use item" that way its ore selected
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★
    Dhops wrote: »
    I have a 2015 3-4 tech rank up gem and a general (non 2015) tech 3-4 rank up gem but every time I try to rank up my 5* vision is appears that the only gem I am able to use is the general non-2015. I really don’t want to accidentally use the general gem when I could use the 2015 gem so would be good to get some clarity on this. Screen shot of the rank up screen is below. I’ve tried using the item from the item use screen but every time I go to the champion screen it just shows the non-2015 gem.

s04oo7fx798g.jpeg
    One this pich it only show u hav one.
  • Options
    Gamer wrote: »

s04oo7fx798g.jpeg
    It migt be rank 2 to 3 u hav one of.
  • Options
    DhopsDhops Posts: 37

s04oo7fx798g.jpeg

No, I have two 3-4, just one is 2015 and one isn't. It only gives me the option to rank with the non-2015 one on the screen.
  • Options

s04oo7fx798g.jpeg

No, I have two 3-4, just one is 2015 and one isn't. It only gives me the option to rank with the non-2015 one on the screen.

Giv us a SS of it it hard to beliw when u. Can se it only say ones
  • Options
    huu5wqyrco8r.jpeg
    1nj2g613juxd.jpeg

Here are SSs of the two gems in my stash. When I go to use them it only shows me one though.
  • Options
    Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Submit a ticket
  • Options
    So I have tried using the specific 2015 gem but whenever I get to the champion screen, it only shows me the regular 3-4 gem, and other people have shown that the text for the 2015 gem is different from the display above, so this is clearly a bug that isn't allowing me to use the 2015 gem before the general.
  • Options
    arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    huu5wqyrco8r.jpeg
    1nj2g613juxd.jpeg

Here are SSs of the two gems in my stash. When I go to use them it only shows me one though.

Choose your 2015 gem from your stash (touch on it) and it should give you an option to use it on eligible champions. Choose Vision.

Just a thought. :)
  • Options
    Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    arsjum wrote: »
    huu5wqyrco8r.jpeg
    1nj2g613juxd.jpeg

Choose your 2015 gem from your stash (touch on it) and it should give you an option to use it on eligible champions. Choose Vision.

Was just about to say this.
  • Options
    Yeah that doesn't work, if I chose that gem, it takes me to the champion select screen and if I select vision, it will only show me the original pic I posted of the non-2015 gem.
  • Options
    DhruvgajjarDhruvgajjar Posts: 46
    DaddyD wrote: »
    Maybe you should join a better alliance and they could help you out.

You recruiting?? Lol.
  • Options
    Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    edited November 2018

Maybe you have never had a rank up gem. That is not how they work. That is how awakening gems work, but rank up gems bring you to the generic champ list. You then go to rank up a champ, and you either have the option to spend like normal, or use a gem if you have one.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra can someone respond? We should know how this works, and make sure it works right after the current 2015 gem bug.

For example, I have a mystic rank up for any year, from completing varient. I am saving it, but hoping I get a 2015 mystic gem to use on Magik. More and more people will hit this conflict. How does Kabam improve this experience and ensure we dont use the wrong gem by accident? Unfortunately, I am sure Kabam Cistomer Service will not reset an accidental use of the wrong gem, since they could not reset the 2015 bug.
  • Options
    Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    For the record, I bet this use case is incredibly small right now. But it will grow, and I hope to have this problem so I dont waste my mystic 3 to 4 gem on magik, and then get a 2015 version I have no one to use it on.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    huu5wqyrco8r.jpeg
    1nj2g613juxd.jpeg

Im Can only se u hav one of it. Never mind. Just sow it that wierd
  • Options
    CyporgCyporg Posts: 285 ★★
    I’m in the same situation now with 2 skill gems, any resolution?
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    It will use the 2015 if you select a champ after you hit it.
  • Options
    Danklacrank1Danklacrank1 Posts: 59
    edited April 2020
    I have same problem two tech gems one 2015 and a reg one i want to rank hb but cant use 2015 one this need to be fixed im saving the other for a specific champ and shouldnt have to wait and givin the 2k units i spent doing v2 i def shouldnt have to