**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Medusa's Armor Shatter Does Not Stop Robot Champions' Miss Mechanics From Working

So this is not a new bug, but one that seems to have been around the game for quite a long time now that still hasn't been fixed even though mods had acknowledged the issue more than a year ago.

I can confirm that even today, in April of 2020, Medusa's armor shatter does not stop Darkhawk's miss mechanic from activating (and sometimes Guillotine 2099's miss mechanics, too).

And this is on regular nodes and fights, not nodes that boost ability accuracy or restrict ability reduction. Her 100% accuracy reduction just isn't applying here.

Can we please get a confirmed fix for this soon? This has been brushed off for a very long time now, at least since 2018.

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Miss has never been subject to ability accuracy reduction. Where was this acknowledged?
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Fabwizi said:

For warlock too, he to continues to infect

Warlock's virus isn't affected by Ability Accuracy Reduction.
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★

Miss has never been subject to ability accuracy reduction. Where was this acknowledged?

Says who
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020

Why would it not be subject to it? Where did you read that miss mechanics are different from other abilities when it comes to changes in ability accuracy?
    An example: The Hood vs Black Widow.

After the release of The Hood in the game, people asked this question. And the answer given was no, Black Widow, or ability accuracy in general, does not interact with miss mechanics. So Black Widow would not guarantee a hit on The Hood while his invisibility was active.
  • edited April 2020
    Hey there, can do you happen to have any footage of this happening to Darkhawk or Guillotine 2099 while they is Armor Shattered? Or would you be able to specify any specific area you have seen this happen?
    Here is a video of the interaction with DH I think the OP is speaking about.
    https://youtu.be/a3WV9uitUl8
    IPadPro 10.5
    Latest iOS and game build
    WiFi

G99 is just to annoying to attempt to capture it.

P.S. I think it would be hilarious to see Miss mechanics subject to AAR, looking forward to where this goes.
    Is not a bug ...
    The activation of the ability is affected by ability accuracy, which can avoid it from triggering. But once the invisibility is triggered, ability accuracy will not do anything to avoid you from missing an attack
  • Here is a video of the interaction with DH I think the OP is speaking about.
    IPadPro 10.5
    WiFi

P.S. I think it would be hilarious to see Miss mechanics subject to AAR, looking forward to where this goes.

We've passed the info along to the rest of the team. Was this fight in Arena? If it wasn't, would you be able to tell us what nodes or effects were active during this fight? Even if they don't seem related at all, knowing any nodes or boosts active is helpful.

Here is a video of the interaction with DH I think the OP is speaking about.
    IPadPro 10.5
    WiFi

We've passed the info along to the rest of the team. Was this fight in Arena? If it wasn't, would you be able to tell us what nodes or effects were active during this fight? Even if they don't seem related at all, knowing any nodes or boosts active is helpful.
    The fight was a simple duel.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    @will-o-wisp the activation of modes are not affected by ability accuracy, So even if you armor shatter him, he can switch states. But he cannot autoblock on shield mode or attacks should not miss on stealth mode. That's how i understand it, and it has worked well
    Pulyaman said:

@will-o-wisp the activation of modes are not affected by ability accuracy, So even if you armor shatter him, he can switch states. But he cannot autoblock on shield mode or attacks should not miss on stealth mode. That's how i understand it, and it has worked well

Yes, the modes aren't affected by ability accuracy. But I would say that only happens because Darkhawk has an ability that makes the activation of the modes to be immune to it.

Still, attacks should miss against invisibility. That's how it always happened, and if it changes here it should be changed across elsewhere.

An example of another champion with invisibility is The Hood. He triggers an invisibility buff, which can be affected by ability accuracy, causing it not to trigger. But if triggered, then ability accuracy won't interact with the miss mechanic.
    Same thing goes for Darkhawk. Ability accuracy reduction would cause the modes to not trigger, if it wasn't for the immunity to it. And once triggered, miss mechanics are unaffected by ability accuracy. So unless a champion has an specific ability that doesn't allow to miss, this can't be bypassed.

I won't talk much about Ghost, which is another champion with a miss mechanic. But I don't think the community would be that happy if she was changed the same way
  • Hey there, I checked with the team and this interaction is working correctly. For Champions like Darkhawk, Ghost, and Hood, you can do things to help prevent them from going into their modes that cause Miss, but once they are in those modes, Miss can't be prevented by ability accuracy reduction. It can still be prevented by abilities that prevent Miss outright though, such as Nick Fury at 5+ Tactical Charges or Human Torch above 10 Temperature.

Hey there, I checked with the team and this interaction is working correctly. For Champions like Darkhawk, Ghost, and Hood, you can do things to help prevent them from going into their modes that cause Miss, but once they are in those modes, Miss can't be prevented by ability accuracy reduction. It can still be prevented by abilities that prevent Miss outright though, such as Nick Fury at 5+ Tactical Charges or Human Torch above 10 Temperature.

Dang guess Ghost won’t be countered by AAR now. 😂