**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

This has gone too far now

Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★

Ohk so AW just started and we were greeted to this. I dont know if this is a matchmaking problem but his is our 3erd AW in a row that has messed up matchmaking. Like seriously talk abt an easy win but no opponents that's not what I signed up for.

Comments

• Options
    I joined in all haste bc its normally what I do its habit. Sure it my fault but my problem is with the messed up matchmaking
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Unio77 said:

I joined in all haste bc its normally what I do its habit. Sure it my fault but my problem is with the messed up matchmaking

It may not be messed up matchmaking, but them giving up on Aw. Some alliances now are just saying forget war and need to lower their war rating. They match you before the defenders are placed, so there would be no way to tell.
  • Options
    I'm complaining becuase I expected a proper alliance war, a challenge. It could just be the other alliance quiting but how could they quit without knowing the opponent. It sure is an easy win but it ain't what I wanted. It's like fighting the grandmaster and all of a sudden the grandmaster isnt there
  • Options
    Ohk so maybe I might have exaggerated a bit with the matchmaking due to impulse but I'd they didnt care abt AW why signup? I just dont get it.
  • Options
    MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    Unio77 said:

I'm complaining becuase I expected a proper alliance war, a challenge. It could just be the other alliance quiting but how could they quit without knowing the opponent. It sure is an easy win but it ain't what I wanted. It's like fighting the grandmaster and all of a sudden the grandmaster isnt there

If you were expecting a proper war, you should know to scout lanes to change champs due to match ups.

Is the aw annoying because you are locked in? Yep. But season is active. Accept the gift of a win and move on.
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    I think he’s mostly annoyed bc defensive champions are locked in, yes it’s an easy war but now he can’t use his champions on defense for other content that he may want to do
  • Options
    Ya I acknowledged it was my bad that I didnt scout
    bc I'm so used to just picking champs and and going straight to att, soem of my best champs are on defense so its annoying
  • Options
    Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    @Unio77 wanna switch? This is my opponent

• Options
    @Das_gi I would rather not thank you
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

Ohk so maybe I might have exaggerated a bit with the matchmaking due to impulse but I'd they didnt care abt AW why signup? I just dont get it.

You still get loyalty just for participating
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Unio77 said:

Ya I acknowledged it was my bad that I didnt scout
    bc I'm so used to just picking champs and and going straight to att, soem of my best champs are on defense so its annoying

Brag post about easy war and trying to look awesome in the same time. Shame on you.

By the way you suck if you don't scout beforehand. It's obvious that you are not good enough to play competitive wars so enjoy easy rewards when you can.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Man I’d take the free rewards lol
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,265 ★★★★★
    Can't blame matchmaking when alliances don't place. If war ratings are close enough, you'll get matched. Quit whining!
  • Options
    QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Would you complain if someone gave you free money?
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    They are just doing it for the loyalty so they can run AQ probably.
  • Options
    StevMAN22StevMAN22 Posts: 19
    Unio77 said:

Ohk so AW just started and we were greeted to this. I dont know if this is a matchmaking problem but his is our 3erd AW in a row that has messed up matchmaking. Like seriously talk abt an easy win but no opponents that's not what I signed up for.

Why complaining?
  • Options
    TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    I don’t see the problem here......
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Like the rest of the people on this thread, i do not see why you the OP want to complain about getting a free win in AW. Just take the free shards, prepare for the next war, and maybe you'll get your challenge there.
  • Options
    KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    It’s good habit to spectate before you join because the higher tier you get, the more you need to choose your champs to complete the routes. Some champs at certain nodes really needs proper counters
  • Options
    OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    If you go in and not plan ahead you deserve to have your champs locked and when you do face an opponent lose your champs
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Complaining about tanking?.....
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Unio77 said:

If you skip the war - as in don’t sign up you keep your AW rating. If you start the war but don’t do anything the inevitable loss will reduce the war rating. I would assume that this is an alliance that has relatively low prestige for their war rating and had a shocker of a matchup last war and are tanking until they’re at a more sensible bracket.

• Options
    Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    That happened to twice in a row
  • Options
    I not complaining I first took it as a matchmaking problem until I realized they didn't want to participate. Ya sure thinking it was a matchmaking thing was very stupid from my side. But why some of ya'll gotta be so harsh on me?