**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Seriously, is there a way to get rid of the laggy/choppy animations?

I'm playing on android. On a Sony Xperia Z2 tablet, wich is still one the best gaming gig on android.
I've dedicated this tablet to playing MCOC. No social media, no email or whatever app that can slow it down.
1 out of 10 fights, I get these choppy animations. When in arena, it's not that bad, I press pause, wait 10-15 seconds and it's getting good. I've still lost some fights cause of that.
But in AQ or AW, there's timer, and the fights are less forgiving. When you need to pause in the middle of a combo, going back in it, without being combo hit by opponent, is very touchy.
So, is there something I can do to avoid laggy/choppy animations???

Don't tell me to buy an I-something,(Pad, Phone, etc...) I don't want oe need it.

Comments

• Options
    I moved to iPAD months ago, hasn't been perfect but pretty good compared to my Samsung tablet on which MCOC almost became unplayable.

The latest update however has been bad for iPAD as well, about 2-3 seconds into fight been getting stutters and seize-ups where animation slows down greatly. I just have been anticipating and blocking after first kiss to combat it, but it's definitely become a problem on iOS as well now.
  • Options
    I think part of it is the fact that they fail to realize that most players have to use their phones or tablets for stuff OTHER than mcoc. It is a broken product when they don't factor that into their design. Time and time again I've suggested that they include a detail slider in the preferences to allow you to adjust the resolution, effects, and detail of the 3d models to accomodate this (like most other 3d games) so you can run on reduced demand on the gpu, but they can't be bothered.

I state that because the app already scales these settings based on the device you are using, they just won't give the player control over that setting which is already baked in. For me the lag is likely due to rendering load on the gpu: too many particle effects, animation/models in the background (on my older tablet Asteroid M has no satellite dish, on my new one it's there...or the stupid robot flying around in the background of the Kiln and Thanos's Throne room), lighting effects (like the stained glass windows pattern lit on the floor in Dr. Strange's Sanctum, some devices won't render the design on the floor just a generic lighter area where it would be) and so forth seem to be the root of the issue as the less busy backgrounds don't suffer as much lag. Ultron's ruins, the Kiln, Oscorp are the worst offenders and also the most busy. This is a hallmark of poor design as they only consider what their game will do on a "clean" platform, and don't gaf about all the other stuff people have on their devices, like real human beings do in the real world.
  • Options
    I can back that up too because the lag is like clockwork for me when in AQ, when I take map 5 on the second section's right path (immunity) the gameplay is fine until I get to the third skill champ with immunity and the game bogs down considerably, that's when the background is the Kiln and the lag kicks in. It's easily reproduceable for me.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    Quick answer, no... sorry.
  • Options
    NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    edited September 2017
    I don't remember the last time I saw the entirety of Deadpool/Venompool's level 2 special, every single time the frame freezes until he is almost at me swords out(this special doesn't even seem that visually intensive, yet it happens every single time/this is me fighting against Deadpool/Venompool, not with). Seems pretty clear there are several things happening under the hood of the game that are causing issues/freezes/frame rate drops.
  • Options
    WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    Yup the game is a bug filled garden of eden. Across all platforms in many forms. Yeah it really sucks and I thought I was the only person to notice deadpoola L2 hangs like crazy on ios. It almost goes black...weird glad I'm not alone on that one lol
  • Options
    NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    So, bottom line is...no hope.
    Thanks guys, I tought I was alone in my problem.
  • Options
    Lag and other performance issues hurt us, not Kabam, so they have no incentive to fix it. If anything it possibly earns them a little revenue through potion sales, so why would they care?

As far as I can recall over the last 2 years of playing, they only fix things that help us, or when we boycott, and hurt their bottom line.

And I'm not ****, they're a company, out to make money so why would they pay a developer to fix something that's not costing them anything? Makes no business sense until we reach a point where we stop spending.
  • Options
    GrimmGrimm Posts: 119
    Forget device... I run iPad Pro and iPhone 7S with all other apps closed and AW/AQ is choppy, the hero unresponsive and overall horrible performance.. Wifi or Cell connections...

There are several threads on that but admins don't even answer

I don't know why they don't recognize the issue.... some people have posted videos of it.

Quite sad...
  • Options
    WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    I think it's just gross incompetence on kabams dev level it seems like they just can't get anything perfect like it was pre 12.0 where the game played perfect. And with less flaws. I believe it's the guy who codes aka the back end of devolving I'm no programmer but it looks like poor coding on there part aka laziness. If they updated there servers which probably have never been updated since day 1 would probably smooth everything out. And the money would rain rather then drizzle. They have sustained this game for years and could benefit from it but they won't. To much invested into making new champs. Maybe one day they will learn until then I'm not holding my breathe
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    I don't want to bash Kabam, because I love this game. But yes the game has been super choppy for me since the latest update. Also...the loading times in the menus have been insanely long. Makes grinding arena hard work with all that menu lag! (I'm playing on iPhone 6+).

Same here, also on iphone 6. Might just be the servers. It's actually frozen twice during this last event quest and took a few seconds to recover, which is new to me.
  • Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Magn3th3ad wrote: »
    Lag and other performance issues hurt us, not Kabam, so they have no incentive to fix it. If anything it possibly earns them a little revenue through potion sales, so why would they care?

As far as I can recall over the last 2 years of playing, they only fix things that help us, or when we boycott, and hurt their bottom line.

And I'm not ****, they're a company, out to make money so why would they pay a developer to fix something that's not costing them anything? Makes no business sense until we reach a point where we stop spending.

If this is their plan, then it is poor planning. This game, I really enjoy even through all the buggy frustrations, but someday I will get bored with it as I do all games. Most likely long before I ever open a 6 star. My experience with this game and how it is handled has brought me to 2 conclusions: 1-I won't spend money, any amount on this game for any reason because of all the bugs and the inequity of treatment when there are errors and bugs 2-For the same reasons I will never get another kabam product for any reason, free or otherwise.

The other side problem for this way of handling a product is I recommend people do the same and explain why I feel this way. I'm hooked, I'll admit that, but I won't let them hook me again.

That is an awful lot of bad word of mouth marketing for a bit of short term gain, not something I would choose to do in their place. I am quite certain I am not the only person who feels the same way.
  • Options
    NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    Personally, I do not believe there is any malicious intent with this change, just an unintended side effect of their massive changes in version 12.0.
    It is pretty clear however, that they do not know how to correct it and are in no rush to do so. Most content is still beatable, even though it does add an extra layer of "difficulty".
    It is hard to believe that for a game that is designed around pin-point timing and skill from its users, that it can see any real future in the current state it is in.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Magn3th3ad wrote: »

If this is their plan, then it is poor planning. This game, I really enjoy even through all the buggy frustrations, but someday I will get bored with it as I do all games. Most likely long before I ever open a 6 star. My experience with this game and how it is handled has brought me to 2 conclusions: 1-I won't spend money, any amount on this game for any reason because of all the bugs and the inequity of treatment when there are errors and bugs 2-For the same reasons I will never get another kabam product for any reason, free or otherwise.

The other side problem for this way of handling a product is I recommend people do the same and explain why I feel this way. I'm hooked, I'll admit that, but I won't let them hook me again.

That is an awful lot of bad word of mouth marketing for a bit of short term gain, not something I would choose to do in their place. I am quite certain I am not the only person who feels the same way.

Yep, in fact, many content here is money maker, even if you're skilled, for example LOL, Act 5, AW and AQ.
    Do you think someone will even try this content if the game is working unreliable?. I was already clear LOL was not for me for now, same for Act 5 even maybe Act 4 and I quited alliances weeks ago because (I was willing and I did to use items, but) AW was becoming a unnecessary and unfunny pain due it. Even I don't try hard Master in MQ because it make no sense fight against this "real enemy".

So, you're right, in the short term it could seem like a gain, but it's not in the medium and large term.
  • Options
    No.

I can't wait til I get my 6gb ram Note8 and cop the unnecessary lag hitches.
  • Options
    RedmistRedmist Posts: 31
    Every month this game have the same issues if I'm lucky after monthly update the game work ok soon ask an maintenance happens it broken what are your going to do to fix this problem because it's just frustrating