**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

It's Not Too Bad, Don't Get Too Mad

I recently opened up my first five-star crystal, which cost 10,000 shards. I opened it up and guess which garbage can popped up?

5 star Superior Iron Man.
Thanks Kabam.

After about two minutes of raging and calling Kabam every single name under the sun, I calmed down and thought about the situation. How did I get these shards? I just collected them from logging in every day, every month and working my way through the calendar. A simple two minutes of my time per day, logging in every day to eventually amass 10,000 shards. So thinking about it this way, it made me feel much better knowing that I got a free five star and didn't spend a single penny on this game. Sucks for you Kabam, right?

So what is the main message from me? I encourage all of you out there to limit the amount of money you spend on this game. That way, when you open these rigged crystals, you know yourself that you got it for free and Kabam doesn't get satisfaction from ruining your day because let's be honest, these crystals are filled with nothing but Luke Cages, Spider-Gwens, Iron Patriots and "Super" Iron Mans.

I'm not raging, and I'm for sure not a hater, but I would like to let everyone know about my experiences, whether it be warning newer players or sharing my viewpoint to older players. In a nutshell, Kabam are like greedy bullies- if you don't spend money on them and don't give them the satisfaction of being sad when receiving **** champs, you'll have a great time playing the game. It's time for us to enjoy the game, without the constant problems that Kabam throw at us.

Comments

• Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    You are raging about getting essentially a free 5* crystal, and 5* SIM is by far not the worst champ to get. Not the best, but definitely no 5* IP or Luke Cage. Quit your whinging.
  • Options
    Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    hey bro I got 5 star superior iron man sig level 80 and rank 4 and hes awesome.. regen saves me all the time
  • Options
    RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Addyos wrote: »
    You are raging about getting essentially a free 5* crystal, and 5* SIM is by far not the worst champ to get. Not the best, but definitely no 5* IP or Luke Cage. Quit your whinging.

This!

My first 5* was Rhino when he was not that good. I think your complain is very misplaced
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    So opening one 5* crystal puts you on the same level of comparison to someone who's open 10+ and all been garbage? I think you need to rethink that. They also don't just collect "free" 5* shards from simply logging in. They grind it out for them in arenas, fully explore every quest, go all out in wars, etc. Yeah, some of those people, myself included, have plenty to be salty about during our horrific 5* openings
  • Options
    1Durr1Durr Posts: 36
    This is the definition of a sense of entitlement. Because I opened a 5* crystal kabam must give me what's considered a "good" champ because I play this game for free (or not doesn't matter.) Let's give everyone a 5* Gwenpool and Starlord so that everyone is on the same level and nobody feels left out. Some champs are better than others but only at certain things. Yes there is some garbage tier characters but game balance is a touchy thing for any game, make the best of what you have. If anything it will make you a better player and give you something to strive for.
  • Options
    My last 3 pulls: IP, Spider Gwen, IP again. Id probably be happy as hell with SIM at this point lol
  • Options
    Vinh225Vinh225 Posts: 164
    As I said in my initial post, I am not one to rage. Perhaps I was unhappy at the beginning but now, I'm over it.
    I can honestly say, I'm not raging.
    Furthermore, I get that Superior Iron Man may not be the worst champion and that there are plenty of other worse champs that have been thrown into the mixture by Kabam but I was just expressing the fact that I got him for free, which is why I have no reason TO BE mad. Seriously, I'm stressing this.
    Finally, @R4GE I started this post to warn people about investing time and even worse, money on this game and still getting the same garbage time and time again. This is why I have opted to doing the easier, less tedious quests and I've been far more successfully even thought it requires more patience. Sure, you have reasons to be salty, but for me, it was my first five star and I had every right to get slightly annoyed when receiving it. Just a personal opinion.
  • Options
    Vinh225 wrote: »
    Finally, @R4GE I started this post to warn people about investing time and even worse, money on this game and still getting the same garbage time and time again. This is why I have opted to doing the easier, less tedious quests and I've been far more successfully even thought it requires more patience. Sure, you have reasons to be salty, but for me, it was my first five star and I had every right to get slightly annoyed when receiving it. Just a personal opinion.

Dont sacrifice time, or money if you have the option. Hmmmm, for end game players or people trying to grow....that simply isn't an option. Most of us are looking to advance further in the game. You also seem to be attempting to base that decision off a single 5* pull
  • Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Play the game but don't trust it. Don't spend any money in it and you will be happy. Simple advices but have a deep meaning, if you wish to start thinking
  • Options
    Yes, if you have the option, do not spend money on the game. Sacrificing time is a different issue on the other hand.
    I am quite aware that older/more advanced players face problems when they reach Act 5 and RoL, LoL and other quests, but people spend wayyy too much money on doing it. If there is the option of not spending money, one should take it because I think that we can all agree that making purchases does not guarantee that you get something good out of it. This doesn't only apply to crystals, it also applies to buying units as they don't always guarantee a successful quest. All I'm saying is that players who don't spend money will be less angry and annoyed when something trash turns up as they didn't have to waste too much for something that is not even worth it. I am one of those players, and I'm proud to be one. Just encouraging others to limit their spending.
  • Options
    Yes, if you have the option, do not spend money on the game. Sacrificing time is a different issue on the other hand.
    I am quite aware that older/more advanced players face problems when they reach Act 5 and RoL, LoL and other quests, but people spend wayyy too much money on doing it. If there is the option of not spending money, one should take it because I think that we can all agree that making purchases does not guarantee that you get something good out of it. This doesn't only apply to crystals, it also applies to buying units as they don't always guarantee a successful quest. All I'm saying is that players who don't spend money will be less angry and annoyed when something trash turns up as they didn't have to waste too much for something that is not even worth it. I am one of those players, and I'm proud to be one. Just encouraging others to limit their spending.

What do you think keeps this game running? Donations from Oprah?
  • Options
    Are you done twisting my words, @R4GE ?
    I used the word 'limit'. This suggests that you still can spend some money, but not too much otherwise the more you spend, the unhappier you'll be when things don't go your way. It's a simple concept really.
    As for keeping the game running, players who WANT to spend money can do as they please, but I'm only advising against it. Not everyone spends money on the game and I think that those who don't are the sensible ones, and this is not coming from a one-sided, biased person.
  • Options
    Think the point is that if your not putting in time, money, and have also only collected one 5* than how can you create a post to suggest 5* crystals are rigged and advise against spending or putting in time.
  • Options
    I have been playing this game for a while and it is not only 5-star crystals that I see flaws in. In fact, most of the crystals that exist in this game have near to impossible odds of pulling this game. This 5-star Superior Iron Man is only one of my examples and I think that it is one of the best ones to demonstrate how everyone should keep in mind that this game is free to play.
  • Options
    I have been playing this game for a while and it is not only 5-star crystals that I see flaws in. In fact, most of the crystals that exist in this game have near to impossible odds of pulling this game. This 5-star Superior Iron Man is only one of my examples and I think that it is one of the best ones to demonstrate how everyone should keep in mind that this game is free to play.
    4* crystals are a whole different thing, and there is truly nothing wrong with it in the way it drops. Everyone gets bad pulls, they also get good pulls. The champion pool is so huge it just decreases the odds of getting the champ you want, which does suck. But, for some of us 4* crystals aren't rare to come by and we get them pretty quickly. So our odds of good champs may be a lot better than some since we are opening them more consistently
  • Options
    But you have to show empathy for the newer players who don't regularly get these crystals and it may end up being a long time before they do get a 4-star crystal or a 5-star crystal. It can be very demotivating for them when they spend money and time in a game just to get **** from the crystals. For veteran players, they can shrug off a bad 4-star champ but for newer players, it's harder to do so as it is more precious to them. This would be different if they had received better champs in the first place.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    But you have to show empathy for the newer players who don't regularly get these crystals and it may end up being a long time before they do get a 4-star crystal or a 5-star crystal. It can be very demotivating for them when they spend money and time in a game just to get **** from the crystals. For veteran players, they can shrug off a bad 4-star champ but for newer players, it's harder to do so as it is more precious to them. This would be different if they had received better champs in the first place.
    I do an I dont. We didn't all start as veteran player, had to start at the bottom. For many of us who started playing early 4* champs were about as rare as our current 5* champs. They have added a lot to the game to help new players advance more smoothly and faster. Nerfed act 4 and made it 100x easier for them to get 4*s. I feel their pain when they pull a bad 4*, but I also know thats just bad luck and they are getting those 4*s a lot more common for them.

What I do see on the forums is a lot of new players complaining that they don't have what the veteran players have and forget they been playing a few years and shouldn't expect to jump in a new game and have everything handed to them. I'm sure it does suck to see them have more and playing for rewards that they don't have but want. But everyone starts at the bottom. Luckily they aren't competing with veterans at anything that would prevent them from growing
  • Options
    SkygodSkygod Posts: 2
    Lol spending any money on this game does not make any sense. I started playing 3 months ago and already have 25 4 stars, 61 3 stars and one 5 star.
  • Options
    TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Skygod said:

Lol spending any money on this game does not make any sense. I started playing 3 months ago and already have 25 4 stars, 61 3 stars and one 5 star.

@Skygod dude this thread is 3 years old why bring it back?
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    Why did you feel the need to necro a nearly 3-year-old post that was already moronic just to brag about your roster?
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Skygod said:

and? it's not hard at all. back then, it was harder to get them and now they hand them out