**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are awakening gems really rng?

Hi, i have been playing this game for quite some time and i had the chance To get multiples awakening gem crystal troughout various content.

These ressources being very rare and hard To get in many cases i find really annoying To see that many players have the same issue that i have.

We have 1/6 chance To get a certain class of gem, out of my 6 awakening gems i got 5 mutant and 1 science, my first ever being science and than 5 mutant in a row wich 2 of them i got in the same week.

How is this even possible? Why are our account condemned To receive the same type over and over again? Is there any way we can fix this problem?

It is the first time ever that i take some personnal time To create an account and make a complaint, but getting the same "reward" 5 times in a row out of 6 chances total (wich every time i had a 17% chance to get this particular reward) doesnt seem "rng" To me, especially knowing that many players encounter the exact same problem.

This issue has To ne resolve because, in many cases like me, it blocks free to play player from progression into the game.

I find that this is really insulting and disrespectfull To the players

Ps: (Sorry if my writing sounds weird, i am not english)

Comments

• I've gotten 1 cosmic, 2 science and 2 skill. It is random and there is nothing to fix. I've seen people get one of each before doubling up.
  • Mr_NetMr_Net Posts: 2
    How can one men be so unlucky. Well anyway thanks for clearing that up
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    Mr_Net said:

How can one men be so unlucky. Well anyway thanks for clearing that up

When you roll a dice, probability to get a combination like abbbbb is pretty low. Now have 2kk people rolling a dice, and it's almost guaranteed there are a lot of people with combination like that. To have math expectation working, you need to have a lot of experiment repetitions, in that game case - opening many crystals
  • MyselfandiMyselfandi Posts: 165
    edited May 2020

I really don't understand what your problem is.

Random =/= balanced

The jump to thinking the rng is somehow not random is a huge leap in logic, mate.

That's the equivalent of seeing a dice land on a 6 5 times in a row and immediately suspecting the dice must be rigged. It's wild.

It's almost like you get placed in a certain bracket. Where you only get certain rewards and/or Champions.

But your analogy is kinda wrong. You grab 2 dice and see how long it takes you to roll a 6 5times in a row. Dont worry..... I'll wait....
  • RocketWaffleRocketWaffle Posts: 136
    The reason why it seems like it happens so often is because people only mention the times that it actually happens. People wont go on the forums to say, "I got a generally even spread of awakening gems" so for all the times that you see it happen, there are far more times where it doesn't.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★

Random =/= balanced

The jump to thinking the rng is somehow not random is a huge leap in logic, mate.

That's the equivalent of seeing a dice land on a 6 5 times in a row and immediately suspecting the dice must be rigged. It's wild.

It's almost like you get placed in a certain bracket. Where you only get certain rewards and/or Champions.

But your analogy is kinda wrong. You grab 2 dice and see how long it takes you to roll a 6 5times in a row. Dont worry..... I'll wait....
    None of what you said makes any sense.
  • Huffman_CodeHuffman_Code Posts: 16
    edited May 2020

Random =/= balanced

Each roll is an independent event with around 16.7% probability, the chance of landing a 6 has nothing to do with your previous rolls. Landing a '6' five times in a row is definitely possible, just rare to happen. Same for the AG crystal.

Unless you have a very large sample size, your case cannot conclude anything.
  • Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Posts: 366 ★★★
    It's just simple probability bro. It is random. What you have got is a low probability but certainly not impossible. That's it.
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    First, it is not completely random because rng can never be truly and completely random. But it very well may be as random as an rng can be programmed to be.
    Second, the odds of landing 5 mutant in a row is actually not that much of a long shot even in a truly random experiment relative to other games of chance that people play all of the time. It’s actually only about 1 in 7,043.
    Do I think that kabam is on the straight and narrow when it comes to dealing fairly with the players? No. But do I think that this situation is an instance of their deviousness? No. Just bad luck.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Apologies for any disappointment in which awakening gem you've received, but it is random and not affected by account or inventory.
This discussion has been closed.