**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Aegon stressful to play?

PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
I just pulled a 5* Aegon and am saving up for a chronometer so I can awaken him. However, I’m a little worried about his play style. I made it to Cavalier basically by playing Corvus with suicides. Quake/Fury/CapIW helped too. But it seems to me that it would really stink to build up 1000 combo points throughout a quest and then lose your combo at the start of the final boss. I feel like I would always have anxiety playing with Aegon. Clearly I don’t have experience or really know how to play with him so any insight is appreciated. Most of the game play videos that I’ve seen are not really helpful as they focus on highlighting his abilities and what he can do when ramped up and don’t show how to ramp him up or when to use combo shield. I basically want some training on “How to play Aegon and not lose your combo.”
Any advice from Aegon veterans is appreciated. Or should I just stick to Corvus and Quake?

Comments

• SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    Not at all the first fight is the only fight you won’t seen anything too special
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    First figth is slow after that he gets better don’t get hit is pretty much all.
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    Is there a trick as to when you should charge your heavy and activate the combo shield?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

Is there a trick as to when you should charge your heavy and activate the combo shield?

Havet learned that my self it can stil be risky to do
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Ægon is so great. Rampup can suck for certain stuff. I like to bring synergy to save my combo from a mistake with Proxima or Nick and Quake, but I don't always do that. He's an amazing champ.

Not many quests out there where you get him to 999, and once you get him there he stays there. You carry over a percentage of your combo to the next fight and even if you get hit you only lose the current fight combo. Say you start with 550 combo and get hit 60 hits in you get reset to 550, not to zero. So once you achieve 999 he stays there. I did my Abyss completion run last week and had Ægon at 999 by the second fight. He is a must have champ for Abyss, he really makes some fights easy.

Normal questing Ægon starts to crush stuff once he's over 150. At 100 he basically shrugs off any debuff. At 300 he gets fury and really smashes. And he deals massive samage through blocks too.
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    -sixate- said:

Ægon is so great. Rampup can suck for certain stuff. I like to bring synergy to save my combo from a mistake with Proxima or Nick and Quake, but I don't always do that. He's an amazing champ.

Not many quests out there where you get him to 999, and once you get him there he stays there. You carry over a percentage of your combo to the next fight and even if you get hit you only lose the current fight combo. Say you start with 550 combo and get hit 60 hits in you get reset to 550, not to zero. So once you achieve 999 he stays there. I did my Abyss completion run last week and had Ægon at 999 by the second fight. He is a must have champ for Abyss, he really makes some fights easy.

Normal questing Ægon starts to crush stuff once he's over 150. At 100 he basically shrugs off any debuff. At 300 he gets fury and really smashes. And he deals massive samage through blocks too.

Thank you! I didn’t realize that you reset back to your combo meter at the beginning of the fight. I thought you went to zero. That definitely takes the pressure off. Thanks!
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

Here is the trinity abilities.

And here is the video link on how to do it.
    You can be creative with it. These methods are just what I usually do and they make the fight ends quickly.
    https://youtu.be/N9FSUP6WoWU

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Well, the vets seem to play Aegon without worrying much about that heavy, but I use it all the time. When the timer runs out, and the defender doesn't have a bar of power, I land a hit and then dash back to parry the defender's inevitable dash at me, so I can throw the heavy.

EDIT: LOL as soon as I posted this I see the video above, which explains it much better.
  • ArydhdhArydhdh Posts: 11
    I think you may be missing that once he builds up combo charges and wins the fight that combo stays. For example if you have 100 combo in fight 1, and let’s say the sig ability has you take 50% of the combo to the next fight than that stays. If you have a 100 combo on top of the 50 and get hit without the combo shield you have a 50 hit combo still. Once the combo is converted to charges it sticks.
  • CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    He’s awesome to play. And if you take him through LoL and AoL you’ll find him to be a blast once you load him past that 999 combo meter. All his crits are unblockable at that point so if the AI happens to be passive, you can blast right through those annoying blocks
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Only the first fight is stressful. Even in act 6, you don’t often get above 300-400 hits on your combo, he just wrecks content. Only time I got him to 999 was on the lifecycle path to the grandmaster and that was intentional by which I mean I would purposefully avoid killing the opponent to give myself a huge combo
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    I been wondering the same thing in terms of keeping the combo does he require being able to dex all specials?

The comboshield on heavy is short and you cant always bring proxima
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,136 ★★★★
    Dont get hit. No pressure
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    MLLLMM combos are best for him. Sp1 ONLY in the first 2/3 fights to inflate the combo. Oh yea, don’t get hit (NF+Quake synergy/proxima midnight synergies are great safety)
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    edited May 2020

I just pulled a 5* Aegon and am saving up for a chronometer so I can awaken him. However, I’m a little worried about his play style. I made it to Cavalier basically by playing Corvus with suicides. Quake/Fury/CapIW helped too. But it seems to me that it would really stink to build up 1000 combo points throughout a quest and then lose your combo at the start of the final boss. I feel like I would always have anxiety playing with Aegon. Clearly I don’t have experience or really know how to play with him so any insight is appreciated. Most of the game play videos that I’ve seen are not really helpful as they focus on highlighting his abilities and what he can do when ramped up and don’t show how to ramp him up or when to use combo shield. I basically want some training on “How to play Aegon and not lose your combo.”
    Any advice from Aegon veterans is appreciated. Or should I just stick to Corvus and Quake?

I like to run this synergy team. It gives him 3 chances to evade and 1 chance to get hit.

Watch him easily clear ROL.

https://youtu.be/OpTFxxInHeU
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    He is in AQ because there are no do-overs, but in general questing he is great.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    -sixate- said:

OP, This is all you need right here.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    As someone mentioned earlier if you enter LOL Maestro with 999 and get hit you don't go to 0, the combo meter is carried over and locked from the previous fight based on your signature level. That's not stressful, but I have dropped 700+ at LOL Starlord (first fight), it's frustrating, but just start over if it's early in the quest. Ramping up is slow going but he's unparalleled at 999.