Alliance Wars Discussion Thread

Hey Everybody!

This is the space for you to discuss all things Alliance Wars!

Comments

• LostSoulZzLostSoulZz Member Posts: 15
    They said it'd be in an upcoming patch. Question is, when is said patching coming?
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Moderator Posts: 8,269
    We're aiming for the end of this month. We know this isn't what you guys want to hear, but it is honestly the soonest that we can possibly get something together, tested, and out.
  • PonyboyPonyboy Member Posts: 122
    Could you explain the issue? What changed to make defender stats (just the defender kills) disappear?
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Member Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    To be fair this forum must have been in the works for a while and would be handled by a different team.
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 34
    Are you guys planning a new release of node wars any time soon? It's getting pretty boring fighting the same nodes over and over
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Any possibility to incorporate some restriction to include each champ ☆ level?

So I get to use my 1☆, 2☆ champs and still be competitive?
  • Noob_2yrsNoob_2yrs Member Posts: 67
    Any season end for AW? As of now not worth spending due to rewards and also all wars are mystic nodes dominated and its out of balance.
  • JSnookJSnook Member Posts: 219
    edited May 2017
    Noob_2yrs wrote: »
    Any season end for AW? As of now not worth spending due to rewards and also all wars are mystic nodes dominated and its out of balance.

I agree with this, but want to ask a little differently. Are there any plans, currently, to revamp AW? Everyone can agree that it's becoming stale and needs a shot in the arm. Maybe it could be revamped much like AQ (Different Seasons), that will change every 6 months. The same nodes, over and over, with same champions becomes redundant over time and not very fun (feels like a mandatory task) that doesn't reward very well comparatively speaking.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Member Posts: 302 ★★
    With the lack of "defender kills" winning an AW is almost a gamble.. We have to depend on boss kills and exploration only which when both of those mentioned are close or rarely, equal defender kills is almost always the deciding factor. Not been able to see defensive kills is definitely not so good.

But he did say a patch is coming.. I'll keep my mouth shut till then.

Also love the new forums.. Looks nicer. I guess.
  • LightYagami85LightYagami85 Member Posts: 9
    since this is an aw discussion thread: Can anyone answer me, how will my champions appear to the opponents if I change my masteries after placing or use boosts for placement or later on.
    I know their rating gets locked the moment they where placed. But rumors say that they will show live what u did to the masteries, etc. if someone starts fighting them in war.
    Can anyone confirm something?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,500 ★★★★★
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    To be fair this forum must have been in the works for a while and would be handled by a different team.

This would be accurate. Totally different area. In terms of the fix, it's most likely being worked into a Patch. Not every issue can be fixed without one. The next Patch will be at the end of the month. At least that's what I can gather from what's been stated.
  • Pnshr88Pnshr88 Member Posts: 2

I'm actually at a loss as to why this was even removed in the first place? And why hasn't it been taken care of already? Isn't it already in the hard code? Irregardless, I can't even begin to tell you the strain this is placing on Alliences. The lack of enthusiasm is starting to bleed over to AQs. It begins with placement and not having any idea how your defenders did. I mean this was one of the few ways you could enjoy the fruits of your labor of months and months of building up your champs by seeing how many defensive kills your champs could cause. Now AW has basically become an AQ with item use restrictions.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Member Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    We're aiming for the end of this month. We know this isn't what you guys want to hear, but it is honestly the soonest that we can possibly get something together, tested, and out.

Seriously, I thought 13.0 was tested before release. There must have been some really serious changes made between 12.2 and 13.0 to have affected aw stats being shown that much. The bug from trying to switch bg views has been there for over a year it seems and still isn't fixed.

When this bug is fixed (defender kills), could you provide an honest reason it isn't currently working ? Like what specific change listed in the change log affected this part of the game, because there was nothing said about aw in the 13.0 change log, and if that big of a chunk of code was modified and left out, what else was done in there that we weren't informed of ?
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Kpatrix wrote: »

Seriously, I thought 13.0 was tested before release. There must have been some really serious changes made between 12.2 and 13.0 to have affected aw stats being shown that much. The bug from trying to switch bg views has been there for over a year it seems and still isn't fixed.

When this bug is fixed (defender kills), could you provide an honest reason it isn't currently working ? Like what specific change listed in the change log affected this part of the game, because there was nothing said about aw in the 13.0 change log, and if that big of a chunk of code was modified and left out, what else was done in there that we weren't informed of ?

It seems like there was and is massive fiddling with AW. Doubt we'll be told the reason.
    I have heard and was sent screen shots of the summoner survey, which I am not a part of, asking if you would be more likely to use more items if you couldn't tell how close a war was.

That being said make your own inference from there but it is hard to see how the removal of this could have been done by accident
  • GatchuGatchu Member Posts: 22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDCPyzgKczE

It's true that I did not kill her but I think I've taken a big part of her life, so there's the hint of destroying the Final Boss Magik.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,703 ★★★★★
    LoL at "Aiming for the end of this month" to view Defender kills. By all means, take your time.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Member Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Hmm I wonder why they were screwing around with the war in the first place to break and remove things from the war in first place.

Viewing defender information and kills, viewing other groups information is,completely disabled for me and others.

It only shows the node information which makes it impossible to see how you're defenders did and how strong or weak they were and many people use this information to place champs and where to place.

The fact that it's taken a month to fix is strange, and many people didn't like kabams response at the time and since then have anyoned and angred many people.

I wonder why it broke in the first place and how much this these fixes will cover and if they have any compensation planned
  • Pnshr88Pnshr88 Member Posts: 2
    You know if you'd stop nickle and diming us, you'd probably increase your profit 2-fold. Doing this shady stuff behind the back not only lowers your intake but causes further distrust and more importantly people quiting and not only this game but all of your other titles.
    And yes I'm well aware of the reasoning as I'm sure more then half of the people posting are too. I was just trying to see what kinda mediocre response we'd get
    But anyways, quick tip, we spend like crazy when were happy. At least I think we did, can't really remember the last time.
  • Keram85Keram85 Member Posts: 23
    Most important thing for all is are You planning on some kind of compensation for all people for problem that You made and we have to deal with ?!?
  • tbos42tbos42 Member Posts: 61
    Compensation is not an option. The last sliver of compensation after the gamer strike really upset them... now we are paying for it. They are getting that payment back slowly.... wake up kiddies..
    I don't think it's possible for them to compensate adequetly. It would have to be all items used then a substantial sum above that to make up for the frustration. I just can't see it happening .

I am of the belief there will be no form of compensation
  • rogutierrogutier Member Posts: 3
    I don't know if this was ever discussed, but could you guys look into and option for the leader and/or officers to assign groups?
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Member Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    The map is fixed, thanks :)
  • LegendLegend Member Posts: 25
    When are you going to nerf Magik limbo? Mini boss and boss are getting 900-1k per tick damage output. Rank 4s are getting killed within 20 seconds at full health. You talk about game balance so don't name me the one or two champs that can deal with her effectively as you're contradicting balance by limiting the options to fight her. At no point in this game should you be allowed to die without being hit or even taking block damage.
  • BloodshedzBloodshedz Member Posts: 45
    Still getting login issues and pop up.
    Using Nexus 5x you guys sent to me.
    Game name Bloodshedz
    I never miss logins EVER! And now I will.
    Please fix Kabam. I need to keep playing.
    Thanks.