**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are the aw season rewards worth playing?

LmaoLmao Posts: 847 ★★★
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
See question above. I'm talking about gold 2& above ranked aw rewards. I just want to get a general consensus. Thanks

Are the aw season rewards worth playing? 61 votes

Yes
11%
Markjv81AxeCopFireAzKicker316TheEducationVbnmeGiodood_1Agent_X_zzz 7 votes
No
88%
RektorBigPoppaCBONETimone147Erza_ScarletLosspikPiviotjdrum663tbos42R_D_JrMninobodyLvernon15Mqc19BlackGekkougaQuikPik_ASDF_MenkentPanchulon21Albi⁴7²00⁴shadow_lurker22Aleor 54 votes

Comments

• Options
    LmaoLmao Posts: 847 ★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

You should refine the question. Are the rewards worth the effort? No. I enjoy the challenge, most wars. 🤣

Yeah sorry about that. How about now
  • Options
    Echobear_245Echobear_245 Posts: 13
    No
    Mad true. I often get surges of motivation to become active them, but it''s so hard to do both and I don't find them worth it because I see aw as a high pressure situation
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 827 ★★★★
    Nope neither AQ or AW is worth the effort to me. It’s why I’ve decided to go allianceless. No regrets so far and honestly it’s gonna take a major overhaul of the whole alliance mode to get me to rejoin an alliance any time soon
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,267 ★★★★★
    Yes
    AQ map 6 is mindless work, very easy for us to maintain top 150.

War is almost the same. We play to clear, items only when needed, win or lose. We're platinum 4 and even maintain if we win less than half the wars. Those rewards for our level of effort..... absolutely worth it.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Gold 2 is easy. You can play through it without spending so I say it's worth.

From tier 5 it's not worth the effort.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    No
    We just do casual near itemless wars and make it to p4, they aren’t worth pushing higher for imo
  • Options
    Canrdboy36Canrdboy36 Posts: 74
    No
    Lately, I do not find wars any fun. I have watched lower rated alliances slice through us and fights that we should win, we lose. I have been alliance less before and honestly I'm thinking about it again. The constant "you have to do war and aq" means I don't have time for other content. I am a semi free to play player, I only buy the sigil and the unit card so I don't have a lot of top Champs so trying get cavalier or even 100% act 5 is near impossible, so when all my Champs are tied up I just get tired of it. Been trying to get my alliance to go to 2 bgs for war and 3 for aq.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    No
    War is a game mode I tolerate in order to be in a decent alliance. Reluctantly tolerate. I can’t wait for the offseason and those 2 weeks are typically my favorite 2 weeks every of that 2 month period in the game.

I haven’t enjoyed war since well before seasons were even a thing. Once they revamped the game mode to alter the scoring to not punish dieing every time and really open up spending and potion usage it’s been a down hill journey for the war game mode.

Back then the maps weren’t always finished because finishing could actually lose you the war if you shelled out 30 deaths to the bosses. Team made tough decision that weren’t just revive spam to kill everything on the board.

Then they introduced seasons and that made the game mode even worse. The season system slowly drained the fun that was left out of the game mode, encouraged spending and stress in alliances, and really just added more stress to a once fun game mode. Seasons are to long, and don’t give enough payout for the length and stress of the season plus the item use many people need to sink into them.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 827 ★★★★

Nope neither AQ or AW is worth the effort to me. It’s why I’ve decided to go allianceless. No regrets so far and honestly it’s gonna take a major overhaul of the whole alliance mode to get me to rejoin an alliance any time soon

there are so many alliances that allow barnacles to literally sit unmolested and do nothing but add to SA, and said barnacles collect stuff they wouldn't normally get. you clearly aren't looking hard enough. i can rattle off 5 off the top of my head, but a quick look at the stone alliances would do.
    Lol my prestige is over 10k what I look like being in a stone alliance? You name a god tier and above champ and I most likely have said champ alliance rewards does nothing for my roster. AQ and aw requires too much of my time for such outdated rewards. It was cool when I only had 3 r5 5*s now at over 20 r5s and r2 6* the ends don’t justify the means. I tried stepping down from a P3 6x5 alliance to a gold 2 5x5 alliance and it still felt like too much time being wasted.

If you enjoy the alliance based content kudos to you I just find it extremely boring and repetitive with rewards that are outdated and not worth the effort.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Yes
    If you play at a level where rewards outweigh the expense then absolutely.
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    No
    The rewards aren’t worth it but I enjoy playing AW because it teaches me about the game, what defenders to watch out for, which nodes I can deal with/can’t deal with, it’s actually very useful information to have
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    At face value it’s a hefty chunk of rewards the higher up the rankings you go, and if you’re not running Map 7, it’s your only source of T5CC, albeit a pathetic toenail’s worth.

Is it worth a month’s grind for all of that? If you’re doing AW itemless it probably is, providing you have enough champions for it not to impact your other parts of the game.

If you’re pushing hard in AW it’s probably not worth it in terms of rewards, however I prioritise AW over AQ because there’s no donations and it’s far more challenging and engaging. It also helps that I don’t have to log in so much for it too.