**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Signature Stone Paywall

SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
I can't believe it took me until now to realize how bad this signature stone paywall is. Me as a now f2p grinder can only get 20-30 RANDOM sig stones monthly through the EQ while people that have spent in the past week can get 75 GENERICS and 45 RANDOMS. This really needs to change. There needs to be some way to grind signature stones whether they be generic or class through legitimate means. And yes I have all variants completed and explored besides the almost-impossible Variant 1. Act 6 signature stones wont do much for me as they are a one time thing.

Comments

• SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    This one from last week is not as bad and is more friendly for f2p players but I still don't like that it's locked behind units.

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

ItsDamien said:

Savage said:

This one from last week is not as bad and is more friendly for f2p players but I still don't like that it's locked behind units.

What would you suggest that it was locked behind if not units?

Sig stones are available to be earned each month as are freely gained units.

Units are meant for other uses such as Endgame content completion, Arena Refreshing, or AW item use. Why should f2p have to spend all their units on sig stone offers and have to spend on units for the rest? Not everyone has the time to grind that many units or even grind heavy in arena. I suggest that Kabam release a new gamemode or put 5* sig stones into incursions and daily challenges for us to grind them.
    If you're spending units on Arena refreshing you should be focusing on expanding your roster further, without trying to chase every new champ that is coming out immediately. You also don't have to be in an alliance that is pushing war, so that's a personal choice to spend the units on items for AW.

It just seems like a lot of people aren't managing their own time and expectations of what they want to do properly, if you feel so spread thin on everything that is available to you, then stepping back and focusing on one thing in particular is way more beneficial.
    Savage said:

ItsDamien said:

Savage said:

ItsDamien said:

Savage said:

Units are meant for other uses such as Endgame content completion, Arena Refreshing, or AW item use. Why should f2p have to spend all their units on sig stone offers and have to spend on units for the rest? Not everyone has the time to grind that many units or even grind heavy in arena. I suggest that Kabam release a new gamemode or put 5* sig stones into incursions and daily challenges for us to grind them.
    If you're spending units on Arena refreshing you should be focusing on expanding your roster further, without trying to chase every new champ that is coming out immediately. You also don't have to be in an alliance that is pushing war, so that's a personal choice to spend the units on items for AW.

It just seems like a lot of people aren't managing their own time and expectations of what they want to do properly, if you feel so spread thin on everything that is available to you, then stepping back and focusing on one thing in particular is way more beneficial.
    Not to be rude but you're clearly out of touch with a lot of people in this community. Do you spend?
    I'm only out of touch because I don't let myself fall into the lynch mob mentality of hating on Kabam about every aspect of the game. Perhaps because, and this is an assumption, I'm older than the average player I don't see the reason to be angry at every small detail and just deal with how things are better.

As for my spending habits, usually only the unit card and the sigil each month. It's extremely rare that I buy units unless there is some sort of deal attached to them, and even then at most it would only be a further 15. It's been a few years since I bought anything higher than a Star Lord's.
    crogs said:

Savage said:

ItsDamien said:

Savage said:

Units are meant for other uses such as Endgame content completion, Arena Refreshing, or AW item use. Why should f2p have to spend all their units on sig stone offers and be forced to spend on units for the rest? Not everyone has the time to grind that many units or even grind heavy in arena. I suggest that Kabam release a new gamemode, put 5* sig stones into incursions and daily challenges for us to grind them, or put them in the solo events.
    Umm... Since when were you in charge of deciding how units are spent? Spending your resources in the game is a personal choice. It goes where you think you'll have the most benefit. If you choose to spend units on those things then youve decided that sig stone unit deals aren't high on your priority list.

That isnt to say I wish there was a way to earn some more or if the deals for them were more reasonable as I saw a complete absence of value in 1500 units for what they were giving you. Too much rng for dropping 1500 units, even a 1000 units. My sunspot might disagree, but still.
    If you want to progress those are often the things you'd be spending your units on. Not cav crystals, crystal pop up deals, profile pictures etc. You're likely not always going to have the spare units to buy those signature stone offers so you'd miss out on them entirely and have no way to boost your signature stone acquisition.
    Savage said:

ItsDamien said:

Savage said:

ItsDamien said:

Savage said:

ItsDamien said:

Savage said:

Not to be rude but you're clearly out of touch with a lot of people in this community. Do you spend?
    I'm only out of touch because I don't let myself fall into the lynch mob mentality of hating on Kabam about every aspect of the game. Perhaps because, and this is an assumption, I'm older than the average player I don't see the reason to be angry at every small detail and just deal with how things are better.

As for my spending habits, usually only the unit card and the sigil each month. It's extremely rare that I buy units unless there is some sort of deal attached to them, and even then at most it would only be a further 15. It's been a few years since I bought anything higher than a Star Lord's.
    Nothing is "better" with the game right now. Everyone is asking for "little changes" to improve their enjoyment of the game. This signature stone issue has been going on for years now and because of it 90% of my top champs aren't at a sig level they need to be at.
    You misunderstood, I'm saying that I deal with how the game is, better than those who are complaining about every aspect, not that the game is "better". The is game is better than it was when I first started playing years and years ago, especially compared to the time before shards existed. Getting 4*s back then was way harder than it is to even get 6* now.

But honestly, this isn't as much as a problem with sig stone deals, but more of a problem of acquiring more crystals to dupe said champions, and while yes it is down to RNG to get those dupes, if time is spent focusing on specific avenues rather than trying to take all available content all at once, you can get those sig levels.

Could Kabam perhaps add a way to earn more stones? Sure, I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I don't think that the pay wall of units is a problem either. Sometimes you can't always have your cake and eat it to, and that's true in and out of the game.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    Savage said:

crogs said:

Savage said:

ItsDamien said:

Savage said:

Units are meant for other uses such as Endgame content completion, Arena Refreshing, or AW item use. Why should f2p have to spend all their units on sig stone offers and be forced to spend on units for the rest? Not everyone has the time to grind that many units or even grind heavy in arena. I suggest that Kabam release a new gamemode, put 5* sig stones into incursions and daily challenges for us to grind them, or put them in the solo events.
    Umm... Since when were you in charge of deciding how units are spent? Spending your resources in the game is a personal choice. It goes where you think you'll have the most benefit. If you choose to spend units on those things then youve decided that sig stone unit deals aren't high on your priority list.

That isnt to say I wish there was a way to earn some more or if the deals for them were more reasonable as I saw a complete absence of value in 1500 units for what they were giving you. Too much rng for dropping 1500 units, even a 1000 units. My sunspot might disagree, but still.
    If you want to progress those are often the things you'd be spending your units on. Not cav crystals, crystal pop up deals, profile pictures etc. You're likely not always going to have the spare units to buy those signature stone offers so you'd miss out on them entirely and have no way to boost your signature stone acquisition.
    Again, your definition of progression might not jive with someone else's definition. Higher sigs can improve a camp's performance or other Champs depdnijg on who your putting them into. Kinda think that can help you progress through harder content.

So again, don't think you speak for the community as a whole. This forum is filled with rant threads that are more personal in nature than speaking for the entire community. Like the idiot that r2'd a 6 and r4'd a 5 then complained he had no iso and gold so there must be a crisis.

And I'm even in agreement that access to 5* sig stones could be slightly improved. I don't get why they can't add them to the glory, loyalty or incursion store. I'd rather do incursions for buying sig stones than 5* crystals.
    crogs said:

Savage said:

crogs said:

Savage said:

ItsDamien said:

Savage said:

Again, your definition of progression might not jive with someone else's definition. Higher sigs can improve a camp's performance or other Champs depdnijg on who your putting them into. Kinda think that can help you progress through harder content.

So again, don't think you speak for the community as a whole. This forum is filled with rant threads that are more personal in nature than speaking for the entire community. Like the idiot that r2'd a 6 and r4'd a 5 then complained he had no iso and gold so there must be a crisis.

And I'm even in agreement that access to 5* sig stones could be slightly improved. I don't get why they can't add them to the glory, loyalty or incursion store. I'd rather do incursions for buying sig stones than 5* crystals.
    I'm not speaking for anybody at all. This is a matter that can be seen with anyone's eyes. It is a known fact that you can only grind about 20-30 5* sig stones each monthly through EQ. How is it fair that people that spend these large quantities of units and some cash to get double, triple, if not quadruple this amount? How exactly is 20-30 random signature stones enough to get your champion to a max sig level? RNG is just too much against you to dupe reliably as @ItsDamien mentioned. I've been playing my new account for almost 2 years and I only have 2 champions over sig level 100, one being Red Skull. It's just such a slow climb in sig level.
    crogs said:

Savage said:

crogs said:

Savage said:

ItsDamien said:

Savage said:

I'm not speaking for anybody at all. This is a matter that can be seen with anyone's eyes. It is a known fact that you can only acquire 20-30 random 5* sig stones monthly if the EQ does not give any extra. How is that fair when people that spend large quantities of units and some cash get double, triple, if not quadruple this amount? How can 20-30 random sig stones be enough to get your champion to a desired sig level? I have been playing for 2 years and only have 2 champions over sig level 100, one being Red Skull.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Unfortunately the way they value sig stones and seem to continue to hold the value at the same place as well over a year ago for 5* sig stones baffles me but as a f2p it is why I never use mine. I only save them for when I am awaking a champ or champs that need all of them. But they are useless rewards when I earn them as a result. They just sit there unused for months and even some well over a year at this point. Think about that some class over a year and not full.

I don’t agree but either way that’s the way it is. Today’s deal makes the 2019 deal make more since because they value 20 generic sig stones and 5 random at 30 bucks basically.

Personally I just don’t think the value of items is being depreciated in Kabams pricing model and scarcity of availability in game at the rate we as players think it should be. But its their game.

For me it makes them as rewards in game a moot point because using them is not something I often do as a result. I only board for the rare times I truly need them and decide a champ is worth them.

Savage said:

crogs said:

Savage said:

crogs said:

Savage said:

ItsDamien said:

Savage said:

I'm not speaking for anybody at all. This is a matter that can be seen with anyone's eyes. It is a known fact that you can only acquire 20-30 random 5* sig stones monthly if the EQ does not give any extra. How is that fair when people that spend large quantities of units and some cash get double, triple, if not quadruple this amount? How can 20-30 random sig stones be enough to get your champion to a desired sig level? I have been playing for 2 years and only have 2 champions over sig level 100, one being Red Skull.
    Oooo... 2 whole years. Wow. You're an aged vet. 🙄

Right now 6*'s are 5* sig stones are on a pedastel. It is what is is. I've been here a lot longer than that. I have one max sig 5 and three more over 100 with one near 100. Haven't bought any sig stone packages. Did get lucky and dupe Magik four times. But I saved all moly stones for the right Champs. So my first worthwhile dupe in each class went right to triple digits or real close.

Two years in the game doesn't mean squat. Newbs don't understand progression. You haven't been trying to dupe and add sigs to 5's for two years if you started two years ago.
    Kabam releases more price tag signature stone offers than unit sig stone offers and the unit sig stone offers often have less sig stones than the paywall ones. You absolutely cannot justify the system at this point.
    crogs said:

Savage said:

crogs said:

Savage said:

crogs said:

Savage said:

ItsDamien said:

Savage said:

Oooo... 2 whole years. Wow. You're an aged vet. 🙄

Right now 6*'s are 5* sig stones are on a pedastel. It is what is is. I've been here a lot longer than that. I have one max sig 5 and three more over 100 with one near 100. Haven't bought any sig stone packages. Did get lucky and dupe Magik four times. But I saved all moly stones for the right Champs. So my first worthwhile dupe in each class went right to triple digits or real close.

Two years in the game doesn't mean squat. Newbs don't understand progression. You haven't been trying to dupe and add signs to 5's for two years if you started two years ago.
    Thanks for the constructive feedback. Because Kabam deleted my comment (comment needs to be reviewed even though it was completely clean) I missed out some points. I have been playing this game for 5 years on multiple accounts. My "main" account has become the one I created 2 years ago in November 2018. If you want to try and talk down to me because I am not a "veteran" well it absolutely failed and even backfired. You mentioned that 4 of your champions are either high or max sig but I have 10 5/65 champions with more coming soon as I have 18 T2A. Saving sig stones for champions wont cut it because there are a lot of champions that require max sig and if you dont have the stones them they aren't worthy of a rank up.
    edited May 2020
    It didn't backfire. You should know better. And you're obviously way more active than I. But you sound like you want to do everything yesterday. Just like the guy with the thread about ranking a 6 and 5 and not having any more gold and iso. You need to manage your resources. Champs are resources. You have a glut of something and a shortage of another then you just have to ride the disparity out. If you don't think it's worth it to rank or awaken a champ because you don't have enough sigs for him, then don't rank him and wait. I'm not ranking any more mutants until I have sunspot at max sig. So Colossus and Omega are going to sit for a bit. Which is fine because r2'ing 6* Domino is going to be a drain and I'm still saving since sunspot to R5 was fairly recent. Everything in its due time. This isn't a sprint, it's a marathon.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,546 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    There was a time when the Featured Items store periodically offered 5* individual generic and crystal sigs, each for an escalating unit cost.

Those were the days...

Dr. Zola
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Timone147 said:

Unfortunately the way they value sig stones and seem to continue to hold the value at the same place as well over a year ago for 5* sig stones baffles me but as a f2p it is why I never use mine. I only save them for when I am awaking a champ or champs that need all of them. But they are useless rewards when I earn them as a result. They just sit there unused for months and even some well over a year at this point. Think about that some class over a year and not full.

I don’t agree but either way that’s the way it is. Today’s deal makes the 2019 deal make more since because they value 20 generic sig stones and 5 random at 30 bucks basically.

Personally I just don’t think the value of items is being depreciated in Kabams pricing model and scarcity of availability in game at the rate we as players think it should be. But its their game.

For me it makes them as rewards in game a moot point because using them is not something I often do as a result. I only board for the rare times I truly need them and decide a champ is worth them.

The OP should read this again..

I am f2p in main and have over 500 sig stones not used.. cause I save them for champs that need them or will make a difference to prestige. There is literally no point adds 1/2 sigs to a champ, save them and add 50-100 in one go on worthwhile champ that helps you.

As a side note I do agree that the daily event at cav level should by now of replaced the 3/4* stones with 4/5* ones as no one need the low level resources
    Monk1 said:

Timone147 said:

The OP should read this again..

I am f2p in main and have over 500 sig stones not used.. cause I save them for champs that need them or will make a difference to prestige. There is literally no point adds 1/2 sigs to a champ, save them and add 50-100 in one go on worthwhile champ that helps you.

As a side note I do agree that the daily event at cav level should by now of replaced the 3/4* stones with 4/5* ones as no one need the low level resources
    The question is... where did you acquire those 500 sig stones? It's not like you get 50 or 100 per month. If you have to hold you signature stones for months because there isn't enough to grind commonly then wouldn't that just make this more true, that we need more FREE ways to get sig stones?
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    I agree with this, as a f2p player it is very hard to come across sign stones as I've been playing since the day the game has came out and still don't have a max sig 5 star my highest one is sig 194 venom and that's only because I duped him 3 times. With the way the game is at current we should be able to get way more sig stones than we currently do as some of the whales get way more 6 star sig stones than f2p players do 5 star ones which is ridiculous