**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I Got Hacked & Lost My Champions

Recently, I realized that I had been hacked while grinding for the 4* kingpin arena when the notification saying 'Your Account Had Been Logged In From Another Device'. During this, I had problems logging in and when I finally managed to log in back I have come to find that 5 of my 4* rank 5 level 50 champs were sold off without my control. I have already reported this problem to KABAM support but they keep telling me that they can't reverse what had already been done. This was the first time that ever happened to me for the last 2 years in this game ever since I started and I have never shared accounts or my details and YES, I am using a kabam account, not google play or anything other of that sort. There are other problems as well but I just want my champions returned as I've worked so hard for them only to be sold off in an unfair way. Already switched passwords. My situation hasn't improved at all even after consulting to the support team, I hope someone can help. IGN - C.HaedesXIII

Comments

• Mate, feel for you, but how can Kabam reverse this? They have no proof that you didnt do it yourself from another device and/or you gave your details to someone else. Im sure you are telling the truth, but you cant prove it

If they did this in every case people would just keep asking them none stop when they sold, upgraded etc and then thought it was a bad idea

I just cant see how this can be reversed, sorry
  • Can't they access my login records and check for a sudden change of IP address of my account? It would be the most logical and definite proof. Please, I'm literally begging continuously as for 4 of these 4* champs were maxed out in signature ability stones. Especially the 4* classic vision which I too maxed it out by having to start from scratch. Logically I would have no reason to sell something that rare knowing that it can't be opened from crystals. Thank you for your understanding.
  • But even if they had the resources and time to do that, it doesnt actually prove your account was hacked does it? You could have given your details to someone else or gone on a trip for example

Like I said, unless the hacker himself gets in touch with Kabam and tells then he did it there is no way to prove this. And even then, they would think it could be a friend of yours doing this to help you, so again no prove mate?
  • If a merc contacted me and said they will do content for me for a price and I agreed (which you would only do if you were a complete idiot) then my account would show a sudden IP switch while he accessed my account

Then if I contacted Kabam and claim my account was hacked, how would they know this was true or it was just me getting someone else to help me

Just no way matey

Sorry, feel your pain
  • Then why won't they co-operate with me when I told them i wanted to report for a crime of identity theft?
  • Coz, 1 its not that at all. No-one has taken your identity, someone has accessed your online account and made changes to it

If you still think it is identity theft then,

2 - thats for you to report to the proper authorities, Police, bank etc, not Kabams job
  • Trying to help here mate, but ther is literally no way you can prove this, so Kabam can't do anything

Doesn't mean it didn't happen and you didn't get shafted, you did, by the hacker, but not by Kabam at all

Maybe someone else will post with an idea that can help, but I cant think of any?
  • Can Kabam do anything at all to help my current situation? Because I'm the one at loss here. A huge loss too. My capabilities in game has been reduced heavily and I suddenly feel like a burden to my alliance who too hopes of something from this. Is Kabam even going to read/review this?
  • I heard Kabam once reversed some people's dimensional rift rewards due to a bug, can the same be done here? I'm sorry for sounding like a bad person here if I am doing so but I just can't accept this loss unconditionally. It's just not fair for a long time loyal player to suddenly feel unappreciated all the sudden just from 1 incident.
  • Mate, you can keep asking, but it keeps coming back to: Why should they? Without proof, then they have no reason to change this for you?
  • Does Kabam normally leave a comment in these forum discussions? In the end, all I can do is try to ask. Thank you mate, appreciated your opinions.
  • Hope they reply mate, they usually dont, but fingers crossed

Have you contacted any in a PM on the forums? may be better than a support ticket?
  • What's a PM and where can I find it? It's my first time here doing this actually.
  • Private message

Go to any announcement and find Kabam Mike for example, click on his name, then you can message him direct
  • I just further checked my roster, I also lost 5 other 4* champs along too that are rank 4 level 40. 10 champions all together. There's no way I'm this irresponsible.
  • The hacker chose to sell off the high prestige ones and the highly favoured champions on purpose. How am I to actually accept this. 10 champions gone just like that. This is too extreme, even for me.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    edited September 2017
    Mate, feel for you, but how can Kabam reverse this? They have no proof that you didnt do it yourself from another device and/or you gave your details to someone else. Im sure you are telling the truth, but you cant prove it

If they did this in every case people would just keep asking them none stop when they sold, upgraded etc and then thought it was a bad idea

kabam can see every move that was made on an account. anyone with a brain even the size of a rice is not going to sell off their 5/50 champs. Since they will obviously be able to see that the account was logged into from another device, they can give the benefit of the doubt that he didnt do it. SInce they can see everything he had from any point they want, theyu can reverse what was done and replace the champs. If they can't, they are obviously not as smnasrt as people give them credit for. If kabam didnt fix this for me, I'd quit.
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    They reversed all the ill gotten rewards from the latest exploit during last months event quest so they can change things back, whether they will or not is the question. Try submitting a ticket.
  • Dseptykon13Dseptykon13 Posts: 53
    @Dave_the_destroyer , even if he did have a friend do this what would be the issue with asking for his same heroes back? It's not like he's asking for 10 5* Featured crystals or something. He just wants his same heroes that he had before. They've sent out messages in game regarding rapid log-ins and paying other people to play for you, so they obviously monitor this stuff.
  • RazorEdge49RazorEdge49 Posts: 14
    One of our alliance members got hacked about 2 months ago. It was a very powerful account, high ranked champs, lots of gold and class cats. They sold off everything except 1 champ. Kabam couldn't do anything about it. The solution would be to back our accounts up and then they can go back level.
  • @Dave_the_destroyer , even if he did have a friend do this what would be the issue with asking for his same heroes back? It's not like he's asking for 10 5* Featured crystals or something. He just wants his same heroes that he had before. They've sent out messages in game regarding rapid log-ins and paying other people to play for you, so they obviously monitor this stuff.

coz that would show he shared accounts, which would mean there is a possibility that he gave his details to someone else who then sold his champs. Which would be his own fault, so Kabam wouldnt fix it?

Plus, OP, please DONT say this even if true, you will lose your whole account
  • unknown wrote: »
    Mate, feel for you, but how can Kabam reverse this? They have no proof that you didnt do it yourself from another device and/or you gave your details to someone else. Im sure you are telling the truth, but you cant prove it

kabam can see every move that was made on an account. anyone with a brain even the size of a rice is not going to sell off their 5/50 champs. Since they will obviously be able to see that the account was logged into from another device, they can give the benefit of the doubt that he didnt do it. SInce they can see everything he had from any point they want, theyu can reverse what was done and replace the champs. If they can't, they are obviously not as smnasrt as people give them credit for. If kabam didnt fix this for me, I'd quit.

Mate, your missing the point. Im sure Kabam can see all you say, what they would disagree with is:

1 - if logged into from another device, how did they get the details to do that? They cant just assume its a hacker (hope they do by the way!) it would mean everyone could claim this when ever they do something on their account they later regret

2 - If there is no evidence of it being logged in from another account, they can't just accept the claim that the characters were sold without the OP knowing. Because that wouldn't make sense, and again would open it up to everyone claiming this when they did something they regret later

3 - If Kabam had to do this for every such claim, that takes people to actually look into this. Which costs money and time. Times that by every claim if they allowed this and that would be literally 1000s of hours just to do this. Who pays for all that? The game itself would suffer. And then once they have looked into each claim, what if they still disagree with the person who said their account was hacked, what then?

Thats why the OP needs proof of some sort? I hope he finds it and gets back what he lost, but I cant see any blame at all for Kabam re this

PS pretty sure they are quiet smart mate. How many multi-million companies have you set up and developed and gained 100,000,000+ players for? I know I havent done that
  • One of our alliance members got hacked about 2 months ago. It was a very powerful account, high ranked champs, lots of gold and class cats. They sold off everything except 1 champ. Kabam couldn't do anything about it. The solution would be to back our accounts up and then they can go back level.

That would be great mate! Think it may take resources to set up though, ie bandwith, people to monitor etc etc so would cost Kabam money?

Plus, again, if someone for whatever reason, decided to sell champ, or rank one up etc. If they then regret this act, they would ask Kabam to take their account back to the last back-up. Literally, 1000s a day I would think, game would be chaos, people can rank who they want and try them out, lots of man-hours used by Kabam to do the changes, plenty of mistakes and disagreements as well I would think, etc etc
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    Could be anything. My guess is shared with the wrong dude, hired a merc, bought the account.
  • ZabirZabir Posts: 76
    Saikodam
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 104
    @Dave_the_destroyer , i totally get what you are saying here...and feel sorry for pwrson who got hacked....but

Things can be reversed, like give him his chapions back, what 5* he got, gold iso, ...take those back, if he had opened a 5* crystals remove that champ

So basically bring it back to the point were it was not hacked as OP claims it to be
    He has nothing to gain once everything is reversed

Ofcourse kabam should do that after looking at facts of this case and whether hw could get benefit of doubt...but i dont see what he will gain from it, if everything is reversed
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    It is almost impossible for a player to prove that they didn't do something, because they possess none of the information that would allow a defense to be argued. Kabam hold all the logging data, which means they are the ones that have information on when and where a player logged in from, what actions were performed on an account. At a minimum, I believe they log IP addresses on login (they possibly don't do it for all actions i.e. champs being sold, crystals opened etc). The only problem being that the burden of proof is on the player and not Kabam.

If I were the OP, I would appeal to Kabam on the following points:
    1) If you consistently login from the same country or region (i.e. not a frequent traveller), and there are spurious logins from another location, it could be evidence of a hack. If you account share or have used any "service" on your account, I wouldn't bother. Your IP address logs are going to be all over the place.
    2) If you are a paying customer rather than a free to play, show how much you have invested in the game and appeal to their business sense. In theory free to play and paying are supposed to be treated equally, but in the real world we know that most of the time, things don't work like that.

• @RedRooster , I have mostly played this game in my country, Malaysia and in England when my family and I decided to go for holiday. As for being a paying customer, I only bought the peter parker wallet offer of 675 units ever since i started playing this game and that purchase was too only done recently in the last 2 months. I have appealed countless of times at the KABAM support. I swear I have never once shared my account or details. As for the materials from the hack, I have yet to use a single gold, still questing and alliance activites and only opened 1 4* champion crystal shard only because selling a 4* does not give 4* shards. And now Kabam has this gold problem from this recent alliance war. @Kabam Miike please help.
  • I do not know how to get Kabam's attention to my matter surpassing the support team.