**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

With These 30 Minute Timers...

Comments

• Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

@CoatHang3r I may not be aggressively pushing for 30 minute timers to be implemented, but I am also not aggressively trying to shut down the people who are making this suggestion that has no bad side effects as long as the map length doesn't change. I do not see why you need to aggressively shut down people whom are making the suggestion haha.

Can you show me examples of what you describe as me aggressively trying to shut people down?

There are bad side effects and maybe that’s why you see people contradicting verifiably false assertions as aggressive.
    All your back and forth between @LeNoirFaineant I would call aggressive haha.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

@CoatHang3r I may not be aggressively pushing for 30 minute timers to be implemented, but I am also not aggressively trying to shut down the people who are making this suggestion that has no bad side effects as long as the map length doesn't change. I do not see why you need to aggressively shut down people whom are making the suggestion haha.

Can you show me examples of what you describe as me aggressively trying to shut people down?

There are bad side effects and maybe that’s why you see people contradicting verifiably false assertions as aggressive.
    There’s a reason that looks that way, his perception and attitude towards me has driven that relationship for years now.

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

There’s a reason that looks that way, his perception and attitude towards me has driven that relationship for years now.

at least he says you make good points, unlike certain others on this forum.
  • Options
    LilbeargrrLilbeargrr Posts: 27
    If kabaam gives us 30 minute timers it doesn’t change AQ at all but it gives us better quality of life!! .. god forbid we actually spend an extra hour a day with our children or our spouses and possibly get an uninterrupted night of sleep 5 days a week!!

I consider quitting this game on the regular due to the amount of time AQ demands the only thing that stops me is I love my alliance and friends here..

The best change they could give us NOW from all the backlash and burnout is 30 minute timers .. Kabaam will be surprised how fast the backlash quiets by just throwing us that bone now!!

otherwise I hope people will continue to drop slowly from this game and move to others as I eventually will after almost 5 years of playing

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

If kabaam gives us 30 minute timers it doesn’t change AQ at all but it gives us better quality of life!! .. god forbid we actually spend an extra hour a day with our children or our spouses and possibly get an uninterrupted night of sleep 5 days a week!!

I consider quitting this game on the regular due to the amount of time AQ demands the only thing that stops me is I love my alliance and friends here..

The best change they could give us NOW from all the backlash and burnout is 30 minute timers .. Kabaam will be surprised how fast the backlash quiets by just throwing us that bone now!!

otherwise I hope people will continue to drop slowly from this game and move to others as I eventually will after almost 5 years of playing

Or. OR. Hear me out here. It's wild.

Go to a more relaxed alliance doing lower maps so you don't have to wake up in the middle of the night or spend all your time doing AQ.

If you want to be bleeding edge top tier, then you make personal sacrifices. If you don't want to commit to that, then drop down. No one is forcing you to play at a high level. I literally sleep 10 hours chilling on map 4, and I still get enough materials to enjoy the game comfortably.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Piviot said:

30 minute timers is not compensation

They’ve said multiple times that 30 minute timers hurt us so that’s why it’s an hour

The 30 min timers they give us they screwing us even more(from what they post)

Haha. When I thought I have seen everything in the game.

30 timers will hurt me, well, Kabam I am willing to suffer so please hurt me with your 30 minutes timer.
  • Options
    ArrsssArrsss Posts: 41
    Just remove AQ timers permanently. This would improve everyone’s quality of life and enjoyment of the game.
  • Options
    ArrsssArrsss Posts: 41
    In all reality, Permanent 30 minute timers would be better than nothing.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    GOTG said:

Piviot said:

30 minute timers is not compensation

They’ve said multiple times that 30 minute timers hurt us so that’s why it’s an hour

The 30 min timers they give us they screwing us even more(from what they post)

Haha. When I thought I have seen everything in the game.

30 timers will hurt me, well, Kabam I am willing to suffer so please hurt me with your 30 minutes timer.
    The way i see it, 30 min timers only hurt us IF they increase the map length as a consequence. If they leave the AQ map size as it is, 30 min timers can only be a good thing. I am perfectly fine with 1 hour timers and the current map length, just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    I still think Kabam should increase the timer by 1 minute for every active 30 minute timer thread, which would go back to normal after a month of no complaints. Eventually 2 hour timers would happen and people would stop complaining so much.
  • Options
    LilbeargrrLilbeargrr Posts: 27
    ItsDamien said:

Go to a more relaxed alliance doing lower maps so you don't have to wake up in the middle of the night or spend all your time doing AQ.

If you want to be bleeding edge top tier, then you make personal sacrifices. If you don't want to commit to that, then drop down. No one is forcing you to play at a high level. I literally sleep 10 hours chilling on map 4, and I still get enough materials to enjoy the game comfortably.
    Why aren’t you trolling everyone else’s comment here?! I’m not the only one asking for 30 minute timers .. go back to your kabaam cronies or get off this thread!
  • Options
    lerkdajerklerkdajerk Posts: 33
    edited May 2020

Just cause people want to play the game at a high level doesn't mean their quality of life should be given up. You can choose to play map 4 and be happy with that. Personally I agree with the man. I think they should get rid of 1 hour timers and make them 30min. I also think they should just get rid of timers in aw so that your full squad can attack at the same time and give it the feel of a war. Not just 2-3 people moving every couple hours. The game should be fun and not stressful for people and yes I do map 6 and would still keep doing it but would be a bonus to be able to finish the map before bed.

• Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 846 ★★★
    There’s no reason to not have 30 minute timers. It’s a weird gaming thing. Need as many people as possible to logon in a 24 hour period.
    It’s metrics that mean nothing to anyone other than managers and board members.
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

Why aren’t you trolling everyone else’s comment here?! I’m not the only one asking for 30 minute timers .. go back to your kabaam cronies or get off this thread!
    Oh no, I'm not trolling. Please learn the definition, kid. And you're not the only one, I know, but my comment stands to each and every person who complains. You're not special enough to get this response alone.

Just cause people want to play the game at a high level doesn't mean their quality of life should be given up. You can choose to play map 4 and be happy with that. Personally I agree with the man. I think they should get rid of 1 hour timers and make them 30min. I also think they should just get rid of timers in aw so that your full squad can attack at the same time and give it the feel of a war. Not just 2-3 people moving every couple hours. The game should be fun and not stressful for people and yes I do map 6 and would still keep doing it but would be a bonus to be able to finish the map before bed.

As someone who used to play games at a VERY high level, sometimes your quality of life gets affected if you want to be at the very pinnacle. That is a sacrifice you choose to make. No one, and I mean no one, can force you to keep up with the cutting edge of high end gameplay if you're unhappy with the effort you need to coordinate in order to get it done. If you aren't happy that you need to put the extra in, then you can choose whether you stay in that place and deal with it or leave and find something that isn't so pressure intensive.
  • Options
    LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    I'm still waiting 30mins timer permanently....
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've given up hope for 30 minute timers. When people talk about how they make you login more it's like they are playing a different game lol. The most fun AQ has ever been has been with 30 minute timers and we will never get them.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★

I've given up hope for 30 minute timers. When people talk about how they make you login more it's like they are playing a different game lol. The most fun AQ has ever been has been with 30 minute timers and we will never get them.

Kabam seems to have some ridiculous, unjustifiable mantras that they can't back down from - thirty minute timers are unhealthy, level 60 is high enough, crystal RNG is desirable, unit store deals aren't for everyone, Cyclops is effective. Most of my issues with the game would disappear if they just relaxed the silly rules a little.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Ok I understand that some of you are doing well with 1 hour timer. Me too. I just say that AQ with 30 minutes timer will be shorter and easier. You may dont want it easy, I do.

Kabam is very sucessful with their tactic, making people using as much time in the game as possible. 1 hour timer is not naturally required, it was designed so by dev who want their customer stick with the phone, stick with the game as long as it can be. It is business at its best and worst. Best, because it succeeds. Worst, because its unethical.

After 3 years playing this game, I come to a conclusion that many aspect of the game can be done so differently to make it better - not for the company, but for us the customers. We are just not strong enough to push for the change.
  • Options
    Neffa45Neffa45 Posts: 22
    Content dictates difficulty, timers are regardless.
    I bet you guys bashing this idea were the same ones saying all the original Map 7 links were cool and added something other than being a pain. Guess what they removed them even with all their employees in the weeds killing threads at the time. Timers and links are solely designed to keep people plugged in nothing more.
  • Options
    MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 281 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Oh no, I'm not trolling. Please learn the definition, kid. And you're not the only one, I know, but my comment stands to each and every person who complains. You're not special enough to get this response alone.

As someone who used to play games at a VERY high level, sometimes your quality of life gets affected if you want to be at the very pinnacle. That is a sacrifice you choose to make. No one, and I mean no one, can force you to keep up with the cutting edge of high end gameplay if you're unhappy with the effort you need to coordinate in order to get it done. If you aren't happy that you need to put the extra in, then you can choose whether you stay in that place and deal with it or leave and find something that isn't so pressure intensive.
    I think you’re missing the point. There is no reason anyone should have to “make a sacrifice” like this to compete at a high level in this game. There are plenty of other areas that already mandate a sacrifice to be in a high level (either spending or grinding a ridiculous amount to keep up with spenders, getting and ranking up the right champs, completing hard content, etc.). The 60 min AQ timer is completely arbitrary and could easily be changed without affecting anybody negatively. All it would do is improve player QOL.

Your argument against it is that “nobody is forcing you to play the higher maps” is a terrible one. Of course nobody is forcing anyone to play this game at all. But that’s not an argument against making the change. Try and provide a credible reason why they shouldn’t change it instead. I haven’t seen one beside the old hilarious one that Kabam gave about “not wanting to put pressure on players to login more often” which is beyond absurd.

Personally I’m fine with 60 min timers and have no issue dealing with them. But they would certainly improve my QOL as a player if changed to 30, along with alliance mates who live in other parts of the world and are affected more than I am...so I am all for the change.

This is an easy, quick change that would make a ton of people happy. However, if there is a legitimate reason against it I’d genuinely love to hear it and am open to changing my opinion.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    30-minute timers, but with a longer map. There ya go. Problem solved.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Nothing useful provided to the topic. I don't mind 60 mins, but 30 definitely helps. I'm all for debating the pros and cons, yet hear only one about Alliances forcing to log in more. Nothing else.
    Or the usual rubbish that people who have nothing to contribute post. Like what you did.
  • Options

Nothing useful provided to the topic. I don't mind 60 mins, but 30 definitely helps. I'm all for debating the pros and cons, yet hear only one about Alliances forcing to log in more. Nothing else.
    Or the usual rubbish that people who have nothing to contribute post. Like what you did.
    Nothing useful provided to the topic? I'm simply highlighting the fact that if we were to shorten AQ timers, there would need to be some change in another aspect of AQ, such as making the map longer, or the shortening the quest timer. If we do want to talk about "rubbish" that people post, let's talk about your comment. It provides no substantial material to go off of, and in fact, it could de-rail the whole thread.

I, on the other hand, provided a solution that could appease both sides, since I do see both sides of the argument. See, I added to the conversation by bringing up a possible fix. You, on the other hand, did not contribute with your comment above. Sorry, try again next time.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Nothing useful provided to the topic? I'm simply highlighting the fact that if we were to shorten AQ timers, there would need to be some change in another aspect of AQ, such as making the map longer, or the shortening the quest timer. If we do want to talk about "rubbish" that people post, let's talk about your comment. It provides no substantial material to go off of, and in fact, it could de-rail the whole thread.

I, on the other hand, provided a solution that could appease both sides, since I do see both sides of the argument. See, I added to the conversation by bringing up a possible fix. You, on the other hand, did not contribute with your comment above. Sorry, try again next time.
    The entire reason people want 30 minute timers is so that AQ can either be done a bit more leisurely or can't be finished faster. Making the Map double the size just makes both concepts moot. Would rather stay with a 60 minute timer.
    Fix would be pointless then. Making it worse for both sides, since the people against it don't want to 'login' every 30 minutes and the people for it don't want the same. And noone wants double the fights.
  • Options
    MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 281 ★★★

Why do you assume that there would be a need to change another aspect of AQ? You provide no rationale or reasoning behind that huge assertion.
  • Options

The entire reason people want 30 minute timers is so that AQ can either be done a bit more leisurely or can't be finished faster. Making the Map double the size just makes both concepts moot. Would rather stay with a 60 minute timer.
    Did I ever say to double the size of the map? No, I realize that doubling it would just be counterintuitive. That's why I didn't say "double". I said to make the map longer. By how much, I'm not sure, but by increasing the length of the map somewhat, it would serve to counteract the faster energy timers somewhat.
  • Options

Why do you assume that there would be a need to change another aspect of AQ? You provide no rationale or reasoning behind that huge assertion.
    Well because everything needs balance. If you want to make the timers faster, then you would need to change something else, such as map length. Of course, I realize that simply doubling the map length is no better than the original, but increasing the length somewhat makes it so that alliances can't do the same map in 1/2 the time, but it also accommodates with a player's life.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Well because everything needs balance. If you want to make the timers faster, then you would need to change something else, such as map length. Of course, I realize that simply doubling the map length is no better than the original, but increasing the length somewhat makes it so that alliances can't do the same map in 1/2 the time, but it also accommodates with a player's life.
    In the games current climate you think Kabam would have time to focus on making map 7 double in size? That is about as far fetched as it gets. That's how far you have to go to justify 30 min timers not making sense? lol
  • Options

Did I ever say to double the size of the map? No, I realize that doubling it would just be counterintuitive. That's why I didn't say "double". I said to make the map longer. By how much, I'm not sure, but by increasing the length of the map somewhat, it would serve to counteract the faster energy timers somewhat.
    My bad on that point. Not double, but making it longer is again somewhat counteractive. A large majority of the player base finds AQ a chore and tbh, there's not much Kabam can do about it. Increasing the length would just mean more fights. Another option is 45 min timers. Or atleast increase the cap limit to probably 8 energy.
This discussion has been closed.