**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Block Damage

RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
Sooo is it me or ever since 12.0 block damage has been ridiculous. Idk maybe its me but even in AW against those stun immune nodes or immune to debuff, mini boss block damage is crazy if theyve got a rank 4 5* no matter who the champ is.

I am currently on 5.3.4 and the block damage on some of these guys ir ranging from 600-800. That is ALOT. Idk maybe 5.3 wasnt designed to use 4* at all. But i dont have 5* i can use, so maxed 4* is my only option. It is forcing me to play an all intercept style which is very risky.

Anyone experiencing insane block damage? My block prof. is maxed im not sure what else i can do to minimize it.

Comments

• Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Yes, 5.3 is a whole new ballgame. I need to change up my style and treat them like LOL bosses, rather than parrying and hoping for the best. That's what I'll be working on tonight.

AFAIK, R5 4* and R3 5* will take pretty much the same in block damage, as they're both the same challenger rating. If I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll be corrected!
  • Options
    Yep. Grind another year or 2 then MAYBE you'll be lucky enough to be worthy of attempting 5.3
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike Lol i hear you bro, but i can beat it obviously i just have to switch my style of play. I wouldnt have made it this far in the game if i didnt have the skill to do it. I am also trying this without potions and revives. Ill suck it up and churn through it! i take this as a challenge!
  • Options
    @Palanthrax @Thisguy Guys, ill post my rewards and roster later tonight so you can see its possible with skill. I dont even use potions i only have 140 units lol. Ive always beaten content im not supposed to get through this should be no different. My account is super small.
  • Options
    MegaVoltsMegaVolts Posts: 114
    There have been no changes made to how much damage you take while blocking since we Zero'd out the Block Penetration stat, so you shouldn't be seeing more damage in AW than you would have before. What you're describing just sounds like fighting a Stronger Champ.

As for Act 5, Chapter 3, you'll probably see more block damage than you're used to, but that's because these are very strong enemies. If you're having trouble here, it may just mean that you're not ready for the Chapter yet. You might want to consider taking some time to strengthen your Roster before taking on this challenge!

So when will players be ready for this. Apparently beating the collector is not enough to get you ready. Do we have to wait for 6 stars then?
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Reinstag wrote: »
    There have been no changes made to how much damage you take while blocking since we Zero'd out the Block Penetration stat, so you shouldn't be seeing more damage in AW than you would have before. What you're describing just sounds like fighting a Stronger Champ.

As for Act 5, Chapter 3, you'll probably see more block damage than you're used to, but that's because these are very strong enemies. If you're having trouble here, it may just mean that you're not ready for the Chapter yet. You might want to consider taking some time to strengthen your Roster before taking on this challenge!

So when will players be ready for this. Apparently beating the collector is not enough to get you ready. Do we have to wait for 6 stars then?

Plenty have already at least Completed, even Explored. Need to up your game to a primarily intercept style, or grind through long fights with Wolverine or another regenerator.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Parry, bait specials, and play well. Only hard parts to me are a few certain nodes per quest in 5.3. I've explored half of it so far. Main champs I sue are 5/50 4* wolvie and sl plus champs for the class nodes for that quest. Very possible to do it with 4*
  • Options
    Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    I took less damage in RTTL than in 5.3. Even in event damage is bigger.it is broken for sure
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    5.3 first clear is not bad at all, almost no nodes besides the class damage reduction so if you play well nothing is stopping you from doing it with no revives just intercept so you don't risk taking block damage or miss parries. I did it in just 2 revives and most of my teams were 4/40 champs to work with the damage reduction. Full exploration might cause some problems but again block damage isn't really an issue since at this stage you should be starting to learn intercepting so you rely on parries and blocking less
  • Options
    Volcanic45Volcanic45 Posts: 86
    What a joke this game has become
    Remember the big Nerf? They said part reason was for new content to roll out lol if 5.3 is what there talking about they lying ..I dont get why they just dont tell the truth

Were lazy
    We want your $
    We want you to spend on pots even if you dont get hit
  • Options
    KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    And liars with no integrity. Forgot that one
  • Options
    DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Parry is broken so you take a ton of block damage, even with r5s.

Because of the new node in 5.3 you need a minimum of FIVE r5 champs of EVERY CLASS (30 R5 champs!), and you STILL take a ton of block damage.
  • Options
    DD2 wrote: »

Because of the new node in 5.3 you need a minimum of FIVE r5 champs of EVERY CLASS (30 R5 champs!), and you STILL take a ton of block damage.

I did the first clear of 5.3 with teams one 1 5/50 4 star of each class, a 5/50 4* starlord and 3 rank 4 characters of each class and I made it out using only 2 revives. It is not that difficult at this level of play you should be intercepting and relying a lot less of parries so block damage is a pretty negligible factor if you play well. Even with rank 4 four stars the content is very doable
  • Options
    I don't want to sound like the same beat box about how parrying is broken... sometimes parrying fail completely... and there are no reason for that to happen... also the opponent evade and intercept now as well... and I'm not talking about spidey, NC, BW or Ultron... I had an opponents in monthly quest and 5.3 evading my atk like it nobody business... something is always off after an update
  • Options
    LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    Thisguy wrote: »
    Yep. Grind another year or 2 then MAYBE you'll be lucky enough to be worthy of attempting 5.3

By then 7* would be introduced lol
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Reinstag wrote: »

Not exactly. However, Story mode is a permanent part of the game. With Act 5, it's the highest content in Storymode out. Which means each one that comes will be more challenging than the last. Some may find it easy because of their Roster and style of playing. Others may have to work on it. It's not always going to be easy to push through it the moment it comes out. It may require everything from Ranking, to changing styles, to patience, to Resources. We know it's not necessary to have 6*'s because people are beating it with the current Champs.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    I see websnatcher is trying to give his take on 5.3 without even playing it, but am sure he will say everyone is entitled to an opinion, then everyone will say your opinion on this matter is irrelevant because you have no experience with it. Is this sounding familiar ?
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

You can parry completely fine in 5.3......you sure as hell don't need 30 rank 5's that's beyond ridiculous
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    danielmath wrote: »

You can parry completely fine in 5.3......you sure as hell don't need 30 rank 5's that's beyond ridiculous

Parry issues effect some but not others so to say it's fine in 5.3 is subjective. I've been using my magik thought all of 5.3 an is working great for me, her ability to completely control their power is awesome
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    If parry is working "fine" and remains a viable strategy for 5.3, then "fine" means a loss of at least 30-40% health using a 5/50 4* champ in a fight with zero hits taken and all but one hit blocked instead of parried.

Just an observation. If others are having better luck with parry in 5.3 using 4*'s, please share your experience.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola wrote: »
    If parry is working "fine" and remains a viable strategy for 5.3, then "fine" means a loss of at least 30-40% health using a 5/50 4* champ in a fight with zero hits taken and all but one hit blocked instead of parried.

Just an observation. If others are having better luck with parry in 5.3 using 4*'s, please share your experience.

Dr. Zola

At this stage in the game you should be integrating intercepting into your gameplay and depending on parry less. These champions are very inflated so even small mistakes like blocked hits are and should be punishing at this level of content. 5.3 first clear is still quite easy even with 4/40 4* champions if you have practiced and are comfortable with intercepting.
  • Options
    KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    I don't understand. If you want us to have stronger champs. Then we would have tier 5 basic catalyst by now. I already have strong champs. And the block damage is crazy... Facing 17k champs. I don't have to be hit and I still walk away with half the health in fights. I don't recall having this much block damage in Spidy challenge. And I shouldn't have to use health potions on block damage alone for about 10 or more fights... Plus a fight against Storm with degeneration and a fight against Hyperion who power bar starts at 2... Are you kidding me?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    The tougher the Champ, the more Damage we will take through a Block. Now, I don't deny that certain mechanics are having issues for some. I've experienced timing issues myself. The amount of Damage we take through a Block hasn't changed. It's the strength of the Champs and the Nodes that have.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Sungj wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »

Dr. Zola

At this stage in the game you should be integrating intercepting into your gameplay and depending on parry less. These champions are very inflated so even small mistakes like blocked hits are and should be punishing at this level of content. 5.3 first clear is still quite easy even with 4/40 4* champions if you have practiced and are comfortable with intercepting.

While I appreciate the advice, I think you miss my point.

Intercept-and-evade has always been a part of the game since masteries. If you remember playing before masteries, there was no parry--back then, block, intercept or get out of the way were pretty much your only options. The issue for me is the reduction of the game in 5.3 to a single fight strategy and, frankly, using alternate ways to sneak some of the same impact (block penetration, e.g.) that was so objectionable with 12.0 back into the game.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    @Rixob can u show uor mastery pls?